Infiltration Mission Goal Reached Before The Actual Money

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Infiltration Mission Goal Reached Before The Actual Mone

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Can't wait till we reach 11 million.. All of these goals sound so freaking amazing.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Julio III wrote:Wait, so magic maze is an idea from 1998? When was that presentation? Because 1998 was from before Shenmue 1 and that stuff looks like it's from Shenmue 2...

I could be horribly wrong, but I think it's from the Shenmue postmortem.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Julio III wrote:
Wait, so magic maze is an idea from 1998? When was that presentation? Because 1998 was from before Shenmue 1 and that stuff looks like it's from Shenmue 2...

GDC 2014. The magic maze idea was being played around before production of Shenmue 2. In the Saturn version, there was a section of a demo which had Ryo running through the Guilin forest, and Ryo exploring buildings in Kowloon. Probably at that time they were already thinking of ways of replicating large areas within the memory constraint of CD-ROMs.

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:46 pm

I don't understand why the magic maze tech is a goal for Bailu villiage....I mean surely it would make more sense to have that kinda tech in Baisha with the 5 story rural roundhouses, like in this pic:

NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm

NeoShredder wrote: I don't understand why the magic maze tech is a goal for Bailu villiage....I mean surely it would make more sense to have that kinda tech in Baisha with the 5 story rural roundhouses

We don't have enough concept art for Bailu Village to judge the actual size of the place in-game. With the stretch goal maybe Yu could use locations like the ones in this topic.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:14 pm

That Saturn footage always astounds me every time I see it. The fact they got Shenmue running so well on that hardware is just insane. It's on par if not beyond that of Panzer Dragoon Saga, a title known for pushing the Saturn above and beyond.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Sonoshee wrote:That Saturn footage always astounds me every time I see it. The fact they got Shenmue running so well on that hardware is just insane. It's on par if not beyond that of Panzer Dragoon Saga, a title known for pushing the Saturn above and beyond.

Yeah it amazes me too. I just wish we knew more about the Saturn version of shenmue and if it could be released somehow possibly as a demo. We know its at Sega somewhere.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 am

Julio III wrote:
Amir wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Didn't spot the Magic Maze loss. AJ strikes again. :oops:

Meh, either they're still implementing it or deemed it unnecessary, I don't see it as a loss.

Wait, so magic maze is an idea from 1998? When was that presentation? Because 1998 was from before Shenmue 1 and that stuff looks like it's from Shenmue 2...

But as we know from the Shenmue Saturn video and various screenshots of the time, a lot of the scenarios that would end up in Shenmue II were worked on quite early, and seem to suggest 1&2 were originally one big game (or the Yokosuka stuff was originally much shorter)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Previous

Return to Shenmue III