$60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

Postby Axm » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:02 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:Maybe we can mass email dojo members again? I hate newsletters and stuff, but if you were ever interested in Shenmue then this may be great news i think...

Yes I feel this is a must tbh.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby rome » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Himuro wrote: Esspiral has already made this beauty. I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd ask him/her to take off the PEGI logo, though.

This is pretty dope. I'd be more than fine with something similar to this as the final product.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I think we need something along these lines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9dg8PI2sEg
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 pm

We should REALLY get mega64 to work with Corey Marshall in something. That would be hilarious.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: johnvivant
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Drakul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:I am a pretty big collector and disc versions of games mean a lot me.... You never know when internet will be down or when services close. Digital only games scare me a bit Look at the PT demo :(

So, I am completely thrilled at getting the disc. I do worry about patches and things, I just hope the game is sufficient as is on the disc.

Same here. I only buy physical unless there's no other option and digital scares me. I look into the future (50+ years) when company X Y Z goes under and we lose a ton of games and history because no one has the game anymore.
What happens 2000 years from now when people dig and find our ruins? Will they uncover the awesomeness that was Braid?
I know, I think too much.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:07 am

2000 years from now all games and consoles will be desintegrated =P~
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:18 am

Drakul wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:I am a pretty big collector and disc versions of games mean a lot me.... You never know when internet will be down or when services close. Digital only games scare me a bit Look at the PT demo :(

So, I am completely thrilled at getting the disc. I do worry about patches and things, I just hope the game is sufficient as is on the disc.

Same here. I only buy physical unless there's no other option and digital scares me. I look into the future (50+ years) when company X Y Z goes under and we lose a ton of games and history because no one has the game anymore.
What happens 2000 years from now when people dig and find our ruins? Will they uncover the awesomeness that was Braid?
I know, I think too much.

You are only looking at a bit of truth. It's very likely some games will be lost forever.

it's already bad enough you can't play a complete game especially the last 4 year's with downloading or getting patches that are really needed.

I think it's scary how much a game's look and performance can change with an update. What will we do when even the disc version fails for us on some games.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 am

Himuro wrote: We need to create a new placeholder image to entice people. We have multiple talented artists here. I may lend my hand as well.

That would be nice, if any artists out there would like to make a new image please do. We can include it with the website elf has.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Previous

Return to Shenmue III