$60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

$60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:20 pm

We need to create our new campaign booster to get people who have donated to the digital award to upgrade to the PS4 physical edition.

Now we know that a lot of people are drying up on funds and that is very understandable. We hope to spread the word out to those who may have donated a week or two ago and forgotten about the KS.

If we can get a decent number of the current digital pledges to the physical one- we can easily go up half a million!

At the time of this post there are currently 25,000 digital backers - a possibility of $750,000

Another $30 or $60 to make Shenmue the game we all want it to be.

Elf (the guy running 30onthe3rd.com) is going to be updating his website with this new campaign. We have discussed it and he will be putting out more details some time later today I believe.

I am going to go ahead and leave this image here, you are welcome to create your own disc and artwork and share them until me , elf and you guys can choose the most official one for the new campaign.

For now, we will use this link www.30onthe3rd.com (I'd suggest to Elf to get us a new link of some sort I possible)
If he doesn't want to spend the money on a new domain I honestly can't blame him, he has put his part in x10.

Let's get the word out, tweet, facebook, use this image for now. (use your own) do whatever we have to do to spread the word and keep the campaign going strong. I believe in us and I honestly feel we continue to make a difference.

Hope the image is cool for fans of the old games and hope it works for new fans a bit, if not... please use your talents to create a more inspiring image :)

http://www.30onthe3rd.com (this may change, details coming later)
Twitter link https://twitter.com/Jackie_Fhan/status/ ... 9387392001
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... escription
#SaveShenmue (official tweet of the SH campaign)
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet ... hart-daily

My Twitter is pretty pathetic with followers as I didn't even sign on it for at least 3 or 4 years. I wish I had after Shenmue was announced. I have added quite a few of you thought and hope to find and add more of you in the coming days.

For now that is about all, I have to work abut 11 or 12 days with no off day. Going to re tweet this for a while and then go to bed.

For my man Elf
-Let’s get sweaty!!!

Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Re: $60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:33 pm

I popped the image on a forum that I contribute on through their Twitter page. Utterly stoked of this now the PS4 version is Physical. Feels far more authentic this way.
https://twitter.com/PS_Collecting
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Here's something I've just quickly put together. What do you think?

Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Not too bad, fix the PS4 n link fonts and it would be pretty nice :)

Good news as well guys.

It looks like we will for sure go over 100,000 for today to, so I hope we can keep this up. As long as we can get a good thing going up to the last few days, I think they will mostly take care of themselves by all the fans.

Thanks for the posting.

I am a pretty big collector and disc versions of games mean a lot me.... You never know when internet will be down or when services close. Digital only games scare me a bit Look at the PT demo :(

So, I am completely thrilled at getting the disc. I do worry about patches and things, I just hope the game is sufficient as is on the disc.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Not too bad, fix the PS4 n link fonts and it would be pretty nice :)

Thanks. I wish I knew how to fix the PS4 font, but I suck at Photoshop.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Reprise wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: Not too bad, fix the PS4 n link fonts and it would be pretty nice :)

Thanks. I wish I knew how to fix the PS4 font, but I suck at Photoshop.

Just practice an download fonts.. You can get many game fonts. I use to have a ton, but now I pretty much have none. Search for some fonts and you'll eventually find hundreds of cool ones.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:04 pm

We need to create a new placeholder image to entice people. We have multiple talented artists here. I may lend my hand as well.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Axm
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Try this one instead. Fixed the PS4 font and changed the url font to make it more readable:

Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Third time the charm. Sorry, I'll stop spamming now.

Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Maybe we can mass email dojo members again? I hate newsletters and stuff, but if you were ever interested in Shenmue then this may be great news i think...

Master Kyodai has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Reprise wrote: Try this one instead. Fixed the PS4 font and changed the url font to make it more readable:

I mean placeholder ps4 case.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Himuro wrote:
I mean placeholder ps4 case.

Yeah, we need someone (or some people) talented who could put together something.

I'll see if I can have a go and put something better together, but I'm sure there's a lot of people here who are far more talented.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Esspiral has already made this beauty. I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd ask him/her to take off the PEGI logo, though.

Himuro has received 4 thanks from: Axm, elfshadowreaper, TheThirdComing, Yama
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:58 pm

I think this is a great idea!

A really good way of raising awareness to those who might have been put off from donating because of a lack of a physical PS4 copy. This is exactly what we need now, to advertise this!

I've noticed that ign.com have now posted the news of the physical PS4 version.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Himuro wrote: Esspiral has already made this beauty. I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd ask him/her to take off the PEGI logo, though.

If that was the cover... I'd genuinely be content with that! Maybe just have Niao Sun as she should have a lot of presence within the game... but wow, its very professional looking.
TheThirdComing

Next

Return to Shenmue III