The Lucky Hit Photo Award is now much better value

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

The Lucky Hit Photo Award is now much better value

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:50 am

Pledge $4,000 or more

BE A TECHNIQUE SCROLL LUCKY HIT GAME BOARD

Do you want to be a game of lucky hit? Get your face and name on an in-game Lucky Hit board featuring a Technique Scroll.

+ 50 Lucky Hit Tickets (In-game Item)

Includes the I AM SHENMUE 3 and RYO VOICE MESSAGE BY COREY MARSHALL Rewards.

Limited (14 of 15 remaining)

They've updated it. If anyone missed out on the I AM SHENMUE 3 reward, might be worth considering!
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: The Lucky Hit Photo Award is now much better value

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:54 am

Atleast in some ways yes, but in my eyes no. I honestly have no feeling of wanting either of these. Hope they do soe more interesting more affordable tiers. The boat photo thing was nice
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:13 pm

hope this helps.
they should add the 'I AM SHENMUE 3' to it as well.

edit - oh wait it does. surprised that these still aren't going. maybe people aren't aware.
Last edited by johnvivant on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

I feel like they should change it to a "design your own lucky hit board" and lower the price by a grand or two. 99% of Shenmue fans don't want to see people's faces on Lucky Hit boards in Shenmue III, even their own faces. But there's tons of talented artists that are Shenmue fans that would probably love to have their work in Shenmue III. If they were able to design the layout and prizes (within reason) of their board too, that'd be pretty awesome and well worth the money.

Maybe even have a mini replica of their own Lucky Hit board as a physical reward alongside that, too. Shit, I'd consider shelling out 4 grand for something like that.

ElephantStone has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Phong
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:17 pm

I honestly think the photo award is a bit tacky. They could have added other more interesting tiers at that pricing, like the replica mirrors. Besides, I think fans would much rather have the similar style of art that we saw in Shenmue 2:

Image Image Image
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:42 pm

No offence, but I can't believe some of you guys really care what's on the Lucky Hit stands. If it would have brought in money to the campaign, I would have supported it. I'm sure it would have been done tastefully and not look like this... (see below)

Since it isn't working though, the point is redundant. They should lower the price or change it to a different reward.

Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 pm

someone already made the suggestion that the stands with the backers faces could be in a hidden location, and would work out to be an easter egg (like the dural room, or hang-on room). this way it will have less of negative 'intrusive' impact on the game.

i have to admit initially i was not to enthusiastic about the idea, but for the good of funding the campaign i decided not to express my reservations. if it was done in the way i suggested above i wouldn't have any problem with it. the idea of them being on every other board though and in the main areas of the game does worry me.

maybe others backers are having similar reservations, along with the value concerns and thats why they are not shifting.

i also suggested that the game artists could dress them up in chinese clothing or something.
Last edited by johnvivant on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Phong
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 pm

johnvivant wrote: someone already made the suggestion that the stands with the backers faces could be in a hidden location, and would work out to be an easter egg (like the dural room, or hang-on room). this way the it will have less of negative 'intrusive' impact on the game.

I'm pretty sure that's what would have happened and I'm sure they would have been done tastefully, with some artistic integrity, rather than just slapping a .jpg image on the boards.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:01 pm

I would definitely also pay for this if there was an option to back this after the KS ends. I cant afford anymore right now.

Its a good valued tier to immortalise yourself in a game. If it still doesnt sell, maybe drop it by $1000, but thats it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 pm

There's already a backer for this tier, so I guess no further changes will be needed.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 pm

Reprise wrote:
johnvivant wrote: someone already made the suggestion that the stands with the backers faces could be in a hidden location, and would work out to be an easter egg (like the dural room, or hang-on room). this way the it will have less of negative 'intrusive' impact on the game.

I'm pretty sure that's what would have happened and I'm sure they would have been done tastefully, with some artistic integrity, rather than just slapping a .jpg image on the boards.

Nowhere did I claim that this would be the case. Give us some credit. I just don't think it would be better than the ones Shenmue 2 already has. I'd rather not see artwork of a Western guy on those boards, they just don't come across as very fitting. I like the idea of them being easter eggs though.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Phong » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 pm

sand4fish wrote: There's already a backer for this tier, so I guess no further changes will be needed.

Now there's two!

I plan to pledge on this one as well (and try to get them to accept my art instead of my face) but I'm still trying to get the money together.
Phong
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:47 am

I really don't want to see people's faces on these things. Seems so out of place.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Phong » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:19 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: I really don't want to see people's faces on these things. Seems so out of place.

I don't want to seem ungrateful to someone donating four grand to a game I've been waiting half my life for, but there is an element of "look at me I had four grand and you didn't, look at me again and again while you lose this game of lucky hit."
Phong

Postby Doom_Infinite » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Yeah this is the worst reward imo. I also hope for the registry that people will have to give their real names, I would hate to see names like PIZZARAVAGER158 next to normal names.
Doom_Infinite

Next

Return to Shenmue III