Maximizing kickstarter profit for S3 development

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Maximizing kickstarter profit for S3 development

Postby Itookabath » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello, i'm a long time lurker, first time posting.

First of all I would like to say, because of my financial situation, right now I can't donate to the kickstarter . maybe, if the paypal becomes na option, down the line I can help as many of you did.

Now to the point: I´ve notice in the budget chart that about 70% of the Money all raised goes to the Shenmue 3 development, and 30% goes to the kickstarter fees (about 10%) and rewards (about 20%).That means that if we raised all the 11milion dollars Yu asks for "only" about 7700000 would go for the development while 3300000 would go for the others expenses.
what i'm trying to say is, if not for the expenses, we already had more than half of the Money that yu really needs to deliver the full-on shenmue experience that him and we would like to have.

That said there's not much We can do about the kickstarter fees but perhaps if all those who donate could spare some of the rewards more Money would go to achieve some of the stretch goals. I'm not saying that those who donated to have the replica jacket or donated to have diner with Yu to decline those rewards but maybe they could spare the Money reward making easier to achieve the stretch goals.

I know that might sound selfish of me to ask to refuse some of the rewards, but all I´m trying to do is finding options to get more Money for the development and have a better shenmue experience since I can´t contribute any other way.

I apolagize if somehow I wasn´t clear enough or made any grammatical error
Itookabath
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: VTM:bloodlines

Re: Maximizing kickstarter profit for S3 development

Postby Three Blades » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 pm

I may be wrong, but I think that when he said "we need the KS to make 10 millions", he's taking into account all the extra fees, probably. Although, if people want to donate without taking any rewards, that's great and I'm sure Ys is grateful. Personally, I just can't pass up on the book at T-Shirt :)
If one day I see somebody while out on the street, and we're both wearing the S3 T-Shirt, I will high-five the shit out of that person for sure!

Three Blades has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Jackie Fhan
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenRy092 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:55 am

My math skills are not that great but I think to get to the actual 10 mil. The funding would actually need to be 11 mil. Because 10 percent of the total funding would be for the KS company.
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Monkei » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:46 am

Hey Itookabath! Yeah, I thought about that, too. I'm considering to at least take the digital version for either PS4 or PC (and then throw the code away) instead of the physical, to spare them the costs of producing it. I'll buy the game twice when it comes out anyway, the digital and physical PS4 version.

On the other hand: Even though I don't buy physical versions anymore anyway, if I don't have to, it would be kind of cool to have a special "backer only" case of Shenmue III for the PS4. Or even an artbook or t-shirt. I mean, it's Shenmue III after all. It would be cool to have something to remind you of how all of this came together, some kind of physical "trophy". Plus Yu, Ys Net, Shibuya, Neilo and so on, they're going to make money off this, so why should the fans who help funding it not at least receive some kind of reward for doing so.. that wouldn't really be fair.

So all in all I'm kind of torn on this. Just do as you feel, I say. I'll decide about taking my rewards or not (as well as my final amount of pledging) towards the end of the campaign.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 am

If they specifically tell us that it will mean the difference between the game they want to make and something less, I will drop all my rewards in a heartbeat.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Return to Shenmue III