Road to #1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Road to #1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 am

Before this July 3rd, people wondered if this campaign would even reach $4 million in the end but now there's a serious chance for Shenmue 3 to overtake Bloodstained spot as the most successful Kickstarter game ever. At this point (12 days remaining) Bloodstained had a bit over $3 million. But their most incredible achievement was being able to gather about $1.5 million during the last 2 days of the campaign period ($5.5 million in total). If AJ team is able to build on the momentum gained last week, maybe by engaging backers with live twitch streams with more frequency and releasing lower priced non-limited reward tiers like a PS4 faceplate or a poster, it could entice at least the backers on the digital copy tier to move up on their pledges (they are about half of all backers).

Shenmue 3 is sitting right now at $4.3 mil and we are still 12 days away. Dethroning Bloodstained would bring serious buzz for Shenmue 3 and possibly encourage Yu's investors to throw even more money into its development. Do you guys see Shenmue 3 generating $1.3 million by the end of the campaign?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Road to #1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:32 am

I'd like it to happen, but I dunno. If they announce it for Mac though, they have it in the bag. Hell, if they announced it for any other non-Sony platform it could potentially smash the record. Not that it'll happen, of course.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Snakiest » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 am

I'm sceptical. I still can't find any evidence of AJ doing a good job attracting people. It is all the fans and their enthusiasm. And that Shibuya Production guy. -)

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 am

Maybe it can pull over a million in the last two days. Also depends on what they do, announce as well
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:54 am

personally i've got a little bit more money to pledge that i will be donating in 3 installments over the final 3 days. hopefully if AJ are sensible they will be anticipating a surge during the last few days and will recognize the benefits of adding new tiers at this point, if not just before.

i think the community also needs to be formulating plans as to how those last 3 days will play out in terms of events and goals.

shenmue 3 gaining the title of '#1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game' is now a much greater possibility and it would be a real asset to the further success of shenmue.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:07 am

They need to add some stretch goals between $5.1m and $6m. That's too wide of a gap to not have one.

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: ElephantStone, Erevador, James Brown, johnvivant
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ElephantStone » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 am

Yep, the only way we really have any chance of hitting $5.5M+ is if there's some good stretch goals added between $5.1M and $6M. Letting Awesome Japan and Ys Net know this should be priority #1 right now. Look how quickly we're hitting these $200K stretch goals.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 am

Ziming wrote: They need to add some stretch goals between $5.1m and $6m. That's too wide of a gap to not have one.

ElephantStone wrote: Yep, the only way we really have any chance of hitting $5.5M+ is if there's some good stretch goals added between $5.1M and $6M. Letting Awesome Japan and Ys Net know this should be priority #1 right now. Look how quickly we're hitting these $200K stretch goals.

We can do this if we were all together in pleading AJ Japan to do so through the KS page. They listened to us before after all.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ElephantStone » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:17 am

I've already messaged them about it. I'll leave a comment too. If enough people bang on about it, I'm sure they'll get on it. They've definitely shown a turnaround in their attitude.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby rome » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:28 am

We just need another day like Friday and we should be good for that $5 mill mark lol. I'm hoping in the next few day's, once we hit one week left, the last of the new backers emerge and we have a strong finish.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby VernonSPQR SF » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 am

Probably in the last week, or at least in the last 2-3 days, we'll see a little boost to donations.
Usually kickstarter campaigns have this trend, fingers crossed guys.
VernonSPQR SF
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Vernon2X
XBL: Vernon2X
Currently playing: #SaveShenmue

Postby TheThirdComing » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 am

I'm pretty confident it'll beat 5.5m Just look at the boost we've already had from the PS4 Physical Edition being available. I guess we just need to keep finding ways to show the current generation to what a special game Shenmue was and why it is worth their time investing - A Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Edition would blow this out the water but I guess that cannot be arranged so quickly
TheThirdComing

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:16 am

Yeah, there's almost always a bit of a boost at the end of the kickstarter. I think a lot of people don't realize that you don't get charged until the kickstarter ends, or they just wait until all the tiers are announced (or just straight up forgot to pledge sooner!). Plus it's also the last opportunity for backers to increase their pledge on impulse. I imagine we'll be about $0.8-1M short leading into the last couple of days, and then hit close to $6M

On top of that, maybe new tiers are introduced as well as some changes to the kickstarter that attract newcomers.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Erevador » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 am

Ziming wrote: They need to add some stretch goals between $5.1m and $6m. That's too wide of a gap to not have one.

I agree, this is something that definitely needs to be addressed. That gap is way too high.

This is definitely something everyone should tweet Cedric about, asking for more stretch goals (they can be simple and cosmetic) between 5 and 6 million.

Erevador has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:15 am

Maybe the gap is there due to the cost of implementing the Advanced Free Battle system?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Next

Return to Shenmue III