Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Postby Birty » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:21 am

Hey guys, today is the first day I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue I. I have the Dreamcast all dusted set up and ready, any tips on how or if I should help her in the game? I feel like I want her to experience it properly without trying to spoil it. I've literally been going on at her every day since the announcement haha. We have just had a two week vacation, every day I was on the kickstarter and dojo forums so I think she gets the message. :P

Birty has received 2 thanks from: Jonesy47, Supa
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:09 pm

You should eat her ass out while she plays. That should definitely enhance the experience.

TwiceFriedRice has received 5 thanks from: Anthony817, Birty, Kobe, MiTT3NZ, Yokosuka Martian
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby rome » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Birty wrote: Hey guys, today is the first day I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue I. I have the Dreamcast all dusted set up and ready, any tips on how or if I should help her in the game? I feel like I want her to experience it properly without trying to spoil it. I've literally been going on at her every day since the announcement haha. We have just had a two week vacation, every day I was on the kickstarter and dojo forums so I think she gets the message. :P

Let her do her thing, while also not letting her miss the little things.

TwiceFriedRice wrote:You should eat her ass out while she plays. That should definitely enhance the experience.

Couldn't hurt. Haha fuckin TFR ](*,)
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Have her play it on this:

Since she's a woman she will probably just want too do nothing but pet the cat so try to get her past that. Take the controller for the fighting segments since women don't like violence and have been known to faint. Take over for the motorcycle section as she will be sure to crash. Also take over for the forklift sections as that is hardly a job for a lady. Should she choose to buy Wang a drink let her know there is a pink drink, I'm sure she will love that. When Ryo is asking about the car she may get confused as women don't know much about cars and she will have only just got over crying about the cat's mother dying.

Or just let her play it normally by putting the disc in and give her the controller.

Either's fine.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Anthony817, Axm, Birty, Supa
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Birty » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Have her play it on this:

Since she's a woman she will probably just want too do nothing but pet the cat so try to get her past that. Take the controller for the fighting segments since women don't like violence and have been known to faint. Take over for the motorcycle section as she will be sure to crash. Also take over for the forklift sections as that is hardly a job for a lady. Should she choose to buy Wang a drink let her know there is a pink drink, I'm sure she will love that. When Ryo is asking about the car she may get confused as women don't know much about cars and she will have only just got over crying about the cat's mother dying.

Or just let her play it normally by putting the disc in and give her the controller.

Either's fine.

Haha. She decided to not buy him a drink I was quite impressed with her sheer ignorance towards him haha! But she has already bought a pink can too, nailed it right there. The QTE took a bit of getting used to, so I got her on QTE Title. As for the fighting and actually kicked arse in the first fight in the car park so I think she can run free with it!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Better than me, I couldn't get my girlfriend out of Sakuragaoka. And no it wasn't because of the cat, she laughed at the little girl and Ryo.
She got annoyed with the controls then she got distracted by Facebook. She's not much of a gamer but she loved the old Crash Bandicoot on PS1 because she grew up playing it she's better than me at Crash.

I showed my ex before her Shenmue as well, she seemed a bit more enthusiastic about it but she fell asleep when we got to Dobuita but it was a long day and we started playing really late but if we had stayed together I have a feeling we may have played the game a lot more.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KiBa » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 pm

Did she pass the test? Is she worthy? :P
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby gabril » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm

I'll try with mine, she really loves everything from china and Japan... thank to me that introduce her in the oriental universe starting from phones from China to traditions and many more :D
gabril
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Europa Universalis4

Postby Birty » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 am

Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

EDIT: I mean Chai in the arcade, first fight. The look on her face when she first saw him was priceless, she was disgusted by him haha!

Birty has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Birty wrote: Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

EDIT: I mean Chai in the arcade, first fight. The look on her face when she first saw him was priceless, she was disgusted by him haha!

Awesome! Now get her on the Kickstarter. :mrgreen:
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Birty wrote: Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

It's Maeda-san ;-)

phpBB [video]

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: Birty, Miles Prower
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Birty » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:34 pm

ShenGCH wrote:

It's Maeda-san ;-)

phpBB [video]

I meant Maeda-San, oops haha! And we have just finished the game, I forgot how absolutely epic this game is. When the narrative ends with the guy saying "And thus the saga...begins", I FIST PUMPED AND GOT GOOSEBUMPS WOW!!!!!!!!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Supa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Yeah, the moment the poem starts at the end is just...epic beyond words. So awesome.

Got my ex to play Shenmue for a bit...she seemed a little interested but then she left. Probably for the best since she didn't absolutely love it.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

:mrgreen:
^^ quite a nice colour housing set there, good for a light modification.
wanted a transparent blue keyboard, even if they are like an a600/laptop (missing # keypad) for the sake of a trinity.
weighing up possibilities for my black/translucent blue chunk of shit for an LED mod, not even doing anything that remotely touches, or scars the housing... :-k
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:20 pm

So when are we going to get updates on Shenmue II?

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: Supa
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue