Facebook on the 15th

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Facebook on the 15th

Postby Erevador » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Something I have seen other highly successful Kickstarters do really well is is organizing well run social media campaigns.

I'd like to propose something for Shenmue III:

On the 15th of this month the Shenmue Kickstarter will be entering its last two days of funding. This is a pivotal time.

I hope all Shenmue fans will join me in doing the following:

Take to your personal Facebook account on the 15th and share your Shenmue story. Talk about how you discovered the game, how it affected you, and why the series means something to you. Make it personal.

At the end of your story, politely point people to the Kickstarter and urge them to help support this franchise that means so much to you.

If a large number of people do this, this campaign will reach innumerable people that it otherwise never would.

Shenmue is receiving big coverage on sites like IGN and Eurogamer. This is great news, but nothing means more than a recommendation and personal story from a friend. Shenmue is personal to us, and the people who care about us will take notice of that.

What do you think Dojo? Are you in?
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Facebook on the 15th

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Here's the issue

500k Was trying to do 60 on he 6th
neogaf is trying 30 on the 13th (no idea why you'd ask for 30 more when physical still needs a bigge turn over rate plus new backers, that's 60 not 30 and the disc is 60 not 30)
other's are suggesting fb things and whatever else.

We really need one big and clear idea to push before the last 3 days. We need to make a thread and REALLY talk and come together for ONE idea that most can agree on. If you would like to make that thread. I'd love to discuss what e can do. The time has to be fast,we need a big push so we can promote it so we can then begin work on our last 3 day and final day promotions.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Erevador » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: Here's the issue

500k Was trying to do 60 on he 6th
neogaf is trying 30 on the 13th (no idea why you'd ask for 30 more when physical still needs a bigge turn over rate plus new backers, that's 60 not 30 and the disc is 60 not 30)
other's are suggesting fb things and whatever else.

We really need one big and clear idea to push before the last 3 days. We need to make a thread and REALLY talk and come together for ONE idea that most can agree on. If you would like to make that thread. I'd love to discuss what e can do. The time has to be fast,we need a big push so we can promote it so we can then begin work on our last 3 day and final day promotions.

I agree with you somewhat, but what I am thinking of is really a simple awareness campaign. A lot of people know about the campaign, but don't really understand it.

I recently wrote a long piece about Shenmue on my blog in which I talked in great detail about my attachment to the games. It got over 500 notes, and I had a bunch of people messaging me to tell me they were really interested in this mysterious Shenmue game I had been talking about. Shenmue is so different from other games that in some ways I think the only way to create real converts is to discuss the game in DETAIL.

What I am proposing is that people take 15-30 minutes and really distill their thoughts and feelings about Shenmue into a cogent post about what it means to them, and then share it with their personal network on Facebook.

I don't think this will really conflict with any other fan effort, because most of them are about maximizing donations, whereas this is about creating deeper awareness and a more complete understanding of what Shenmue IS.

Personal stories work like nothing else in terms of getting new converts and expanding the Shenmue player-base.
Last edited by Erevador on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 pm

You'll find the idea burns down into it's forgotten. I know you want to help but people will self attach themselves to their ideas. I do it as well. I think you can push this as hard as you can. (maybe even my negativity to it will draw more people to it)

We still need one big idea, but I'm not so sure it's going to pan out. :(
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 pm

It's a nice idea for some people but put simply, none of my extended family or friends want to see me droning on emotionally about a video game they never heard of.

Even if everyone here were to be 99% for it and hyped up to do it, I would still never do it. I'm only nerdy to a certain degree and have some humility about sharing my obsesive hobbies. And this comes from someone who does a whole podcast just about Shenmue..

Axm has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Return to Shenmue III