Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/sega-learned-about-making-quality-games-from-atlus-aim-to-regain-trust-from-players/

At least they have started to acknowledge their shortcomings...of the last decade. Suppose they could start with something small, like Shenmue HD :idea: :lol:

Sean has received a thanks from: Mr357
Sean
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Sandbox
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

Postby Yama » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:18 pm

That'd be a great start.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Being in Europe, I hope they don't learn a lot from ATLUS. Their release schedule is horrendous over here. We got SMT4 like a year and a half after the US...and they region locked Persona Arena on PS3 and released it in Europe a really long ass time after the US release too.

But yeah, get on with that Shenmue HD collection already, geez. And port Panzer Dragoon Saga whilst you're at it (grab the code from a copy of the game, ffs).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 am

They've seriously got their work cut out to make up for it. Sega really does feel like a shell of it's former self now, in all honesty. About the only classic franchise of theirs they pay attention to is Sonic, and even that is kind of becoming a joke again. Yep, Shenmue HD would be a good start, Sega, but I doubt you have the sense to see that...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Being in Europe, I hope they don't learn a lot from ATLUS. Their release schedule is horrendous over here. We got SMT4 like a year and a half after the US...and they region locked Persona Arena on PS3 and released it in Europe a really long ass time after the US release too.

But yeah, get on with that Shenmue HD collection already, geez. And port Panzer Dragoon Saga whilst you're at it (grab the code from a copy of the game, ffs).

PDS will never happen I'm afraid, Spence. It wouldn't just be a case of porting the code, it'd need a huge update. The in-game visuals haven't aged that well. I cannot see Sega putting the man power or funds behind it in all honesty. I would love to be proven wrong, though. That game is an epic experience, far unlike anything else in the JRPG canon.

Shenmue HD, however, is a no brainer at this time. If they don't jump on it now, they've got even less brain muscle than we originally thought.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby freakycritter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:57 am

Miles Prower wrote: They've seriously got their work cut out to make up for it. Sega really does feel like a shell of it's former self now, in all honesty. About the only classic franchise of theirs they pay attention to is Sonic, and even that is kind of becoming a joke again. Yep, Shenmue HD would be a good start, Sega, but I doubt you have the sense to see that...

Heh, tbh looking at classic franchises should be the last thing to do...

After 2003, Sega has rarely made a splash on new orginal games for a worldwide audience, which is what they are known for imo. Binary Domain and Valkyria Chronicles are good examples of this which encapsulate the Sega-ness, but fell flat sales wise due to lack of market savyness. Taking a page out of Atlus is a good move. No need to bring back 40 franchises or something.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:58 am

"Uh oh people actually did want Shenmue? Sorry guys! Here's more Sonic and Aliens."

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Esppiral, Miles Prower
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Oh man, this sounds promising.. still feeling sceptical, but definitely looking forward to whatever they might have in store!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Says the company shitting out another sonic boom game. I call bullshit until we see some evidence that they truly care.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Esppiral
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jeff » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:54 pm

All I have to say to this is talk is cheap. Produce it.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 am

Alright Sega I hear you, start making consoles again.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:28 am

"We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

Releases Sonic Boom 2.......
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm

With a company like SEGA, which spent 15 years to make excuses on why Shenmue 3 shouldn't happen, you can't take them seriously. Hope they woke up and at September's TGS will make that surprise that will make them earn back the trust of old betrayed fans, as they said. I'm expecting something in the likes of: PSO2-West, Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, Skies of Arcadia HD. Those would be megatons by SEGA.

But, if they announce a new Sonic game, which promises to be a good one this time, then I'll eat my hat. It'll show they only care about a part of their fans and not the whole. However, Yakuza 5 is set to Fall 2015, so that might be it.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby HedlessChickn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Honestly, it feels like the quality of their games dropped ever since the demise of Dreamcast. It's almost like they lost their drive altogether.
HedlessChickn
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: HedlessChickn
XBL: HedlessChickn
Steam: HedlessChickn
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Giorgio wrote: PSO2-West

In Segas defense, that has been out for a while. and its F2P http://www.pso2.com/us/

HedlessChickn wrote: Honestly, it feels like the quality of their games dropped ever since the demise of Dreamcast. It's almost like they lost their drive altogether.

Their effort went to almost zero after they stopped having a console of their own to support and make successful. Thus why I said in my last post they need to make another console if they ever want to be good again. Only thing about that though is I could see that blowing up in Segas face too, I hate to say it, but they may actually be FUBAR. All their big name employees have left, the only thing that is the same is the name, Sega, thats really about it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming