Shenmue III is KS project of the day

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III is KS project of the day

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:37 am

last few days we've gone 84k > 83k > 67k....... in daily pledges. if it drops anymore than this we won't hit 5 million, its unlikely we will have a surge at the end if you actually look at previous kickstarters and what caused the surges at those times.

we need Awesome Japan to do something to keep the momentum up to at least maintain what we are taking in, we ain't gonna beat bloodstained at this point.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received 2 thanks from: Dragon St., Ziming
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 am

The only things at this point that could possibly induce a spike would be a PayPal & Shenmue HD confirmation. I can't see anything else having an affect.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Ziming » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:46 am

Even if they added PayPal it will only have an effect on the stretch goals, as the Kickstarter counter doesn't tally that. So unless AJ/Yu Suzuki has another surprise before the end we won't beat Bloodstained or Reading Rainbow before it.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ElephantStone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:57 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: last few days we've gone 84k > 83k > 67k....... in daily pledges. if it drops anymore than this we won't hit 5 million, its unlikely we will have a surge at the end if you actually look at previous kickstarters and what caused the surges at those times.

we need Awesome Japan to do something to keep the momentum up to at least maintain what we are taking in, we ain't gonna beat bloodstained at this point.

Can't blame anyone but Shenmue fans for that, tbh. Awesome Japan's update yesterday was pretty great, and they've been surprisingly on top of things since the physical PS4 announcement.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:00 am

i wish they'd use the dojo twitter banner image (see my sig below) to advertise it on the front page rather than 'that' one.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Himuro
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:11 am

ElephantStone wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: last few days we've gone 84k > 83k > 67k....... in daily pledges. if it drops anymore than this we won't hit 5 million, its unlikely we will have a surge at the end if you actually look at previous kickstarters and what caused the surges at those times.

Can't blame anyone but Shenmue fans for that, tbh. Awesome Japan's update yesterday was pretty great, and they've been surprisingly on top of things since the physical PS4 announcement.

They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ElephantStone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?

Well that's a fair point, and I am not about to defend Awesome Japan on that front, because I agree with you, they've been shite there. But the kickstarter was announced at E3, and has been front page news on many gaming websites for the past couple weeks now, so I'd say the vast majority of the 1M+ people that bought Shenmue on the Dreamcast know that it exists. Only 51K~ of which have pledged. I would argue that Shenmue fans unwillingness to back the game they've been saying they want for 14 years are far more to blame for the kickstarter's stalling than Awesome Japan at this point.

I think there are plenty of Shenmue fans out there that are happy to see the game funded by the diehard fans, and don't give a fuck about actually putting in their share. Just waiting for release to pick it up.
Last edited by ElephantStone on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElephantStone has received a thanks from: Mystere
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby joka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 am

Peter wrote:The only things at this point that could possibly induce a spike would be a PayPal & Shenmue HD confirmation. I can't see anything else having an affect.

An Xbox One version would create a surge for sure.

It's obviously not going to happen as Sony and Yu have some agreements etc that tie in some exclusivity but must have been the top request along with PS4 physical copy.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 am

I always felt it was always KS of the day ;) <3
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:28 am

I agree that while AJ could have done a lot better, especially on the mainstream media, Facebook and Twitter front, but I also think it is mainly due to the limited number of backers.

On the other hand, games like Mega Man (whose KS we have already beaten clearly) and Castlevania, which both have a much larger fan base than Shenmue only got about 65.000 backers, so I guess it's just normal for most of the fans not to pledge. :???:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 am

This is AWESOME!!! =D>
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragon St. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:37 am

ElephantStone wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:Lol ? It looks like more a random thing rather than something else, and we don't know until when it will keep going.

It's not a random thing at all - it's a campaign manager/site merchandiser at kickstarter's job to put stuff like this up, so it's pretty clear that whoever did is likely a Shenmue fan. And it's called project of the day. Derp.

Not really. It's the KS that's raising the most money at the moment, which also means more money for KS themselves as they will take a 8-10% cut. So of course we get to be 'project of the day' once...
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:02 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?

Well, they did announce their Kickstarter during E3 on stage at the conference for this generation's best selling console. You can't really get better than that.

joka wrote:
Peter wrote:The only things at this point that could possibly induce a spike would be a PayPal & Shenmue HD confirmation. I can't see anything else having an affect.

An Xbox One version would create a surge for sure.

It's obviously not going to happen as Sony and Yu have some agreements etc that tie in some exclusivity but must have been the top request along with PS4 physical copy.

The problem with releasing on another platform is that it takes a huge chunk of resources. If they announced an Xbox version will it get enough additional backers to cover the cost of coding, testing and self publishing on another console? It could happen but that might not be a risk worth taking.
Last edited by ConanTheKing on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:05 am

Now would be the time to upload that new trailer, but I'm not sure it actually exists.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:17 am

This will definitely see a spike at the end. Many are waiting for the final days to be a part of the presumed spike, to have a better idea of what they can afford, and/or to up their pledge if possible.

I'll be really surprised if this fizzles out before reaching 5mil. I'll be surprised if it doesn't surpass Bloodstained.

Lan Di-sama has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Supa
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III