We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike!

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 pm

No one seems to want to commit to anything because we're all so fractious and amorphous right now. I say one week IS enough time to do this! So I hereby call on everyone to get behind this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/468630789976775

The goal: Another #SaveShenmue tweet-a-thon, and another $30 (or whatever you can spare) pledge boost. Tweet #SaveShenmue all day on July 15th and consider upping your pledge by whatever amount you can that day as well (at least $30.)

Looking around at all the other attempts people have made, this one seems to have the most support (though admittedly none have a ton of support.)

LET'S DO THIS! Let's get focused, motivated, and make a push again! WE CAN do this! Don't say "there's not time" or "it's too late." That's only true if we don't TRY! I call on the mods to organize this and put it on the front page of this site ala #30onthe3rd

Only this time, let's make it #July15thSaveShenmue! Or something else! #30onthe15th! Whatever you feel works! Please, we need to do something, we're coming into the final stretch and we need action! I'll do it. Will you?
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Re: We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 pm

No.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 pm

we should have a 3 day long Mega tweetathon 15th-18th with lets plays, fan art, funny tweets, youtube videos, 'why i love shenmue' testimonials etc.

call it:
'The Final Push: Make your dreams come true!'

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm just going to try to get influential folks with large fan bases to support the game:

Getting some traction with this LIL B be an NPC tweet: https://twitter.com/mjqmjqmjq/status/618817123285082112

(he actually is a Shenmue fan)

It worked with Kavinsky. No idea if it led to more pledges, but hey. I don't think more than a handful of people are going to raise their pledges. Some of us have dug into our wallets and gone into the thousands.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm

I think saving up for a final day barrage would be better, personally. The extra spike on the final day might still be significant. "Last Day Love" Hashtag kiss kiss.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:05 pm

I get a few extra thousand dollars on the 15th, so I plan on spending a good bit of it on shenmue
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:05 pm

The final day spike, if it's going to happen, is going to happen no matter what. Those last day pledgers consist of people who hit "remind me later" and waited, waited out all the reward reveals, just wanted to wait/save for maximum impact, and of course, people on the fence who finally can't resist the pull of history anymore. I have no doubt that is going to happen.

But I still say on July 15th, those who are able:

1) Tweet #SaveShenmue all day so we get trending (or hell, yes, all three final days, why not?)
2) Donate at least $30 more, IF you can.

Hell we don't even need a hashtag for this, just awareness. Again, I'm committed to doing this. We need commitment and resoluteness now. No more "there's no more time," or "there's no point." I believe we can achieve this with sufficient will. Who's with me???
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:10 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm just going to try to get influential folks with large fan bases to support the game:

Getting some traction with this LIL B be an NPC tweet: https://twitter.com/mjqmjqmjq/status/618817123285082112

It worked with Kavinsky. No idea if it led to more pledges, but hey. I don't think more than a handful of people are going to raise their pledges. Some of us have dug into our wallets and gone into the thousands.

anyone had any luck with Felicia Day yet?
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Aimless Gamer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:12 pm

johnvivant wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm just going to try to get influential folks with large fan bases to support the game:

I think this could be a huge help.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 pm

maybe we should start tweeting her. get shenmue 500k to help.

she has 2.5 millions followers.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:14 pm

All that works, too. But we also need a single, unified plan that we all commit to trying to promote. We CAN do this. I don't want to beg, but I'm not above it... please guys. Just summon one last burst of faith and effort and promote this everywhere you can. And please consider putting it on the front page of this site.

It's simple:

July 15th, tweet and retweet #SaveShenmue to get it trending again, and if you can, donate at least another $30. We did it once. We can do it again.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:Only this time, let's make it #July15thSaveShenmue! Or something else! #30onthe15th! Whatever you feel works! Please, we need to do something, we're coming into the final stretch and we need action! I'll do it. Will you?

Stick to #SaveShenmue. It's the most widely known hashtag for Shenmue. I think we'll see a spike in donations about three days before the end. I hope it's going to end up around $7 million.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 pm

johnvivant wrote:

I'd be happy to try to target anyone. It's just an idea. (one that might not go anywhere)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:26 pm

i think we just need to be very active on twitter and forums ect on those final few days. have stuff prepared for release on those days and tweet the hell out of #saveshenmue,

continue to contact celebs ect, focus on felecia day for example.

there seems to be a general awareness and appreciation that the last few days are going to be super important, and pledge whatever you affordable can.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:32 pm

*Sigh*

So be it. But I'M taking it upon myself to tweet and post everywhere I can that on July 15th we should get #SaveShenmue trending again and increase our pledges it at all possible. If we're lucky, maybe it will generate another thunderclap.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III