Communicating through Sega execs Facebook

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Communicating through Sega execs Facebook

Postby freakycritter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:05 am

Head honchos at Sega (Naoya Tsurumi and Haruki Satomi) are facebooked with Suzuki, soooo...not much bad blood I'd assume?

Just pointing out there is ways to communicate. About Shenmue 1&2 HD I'd assume.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Communicating through Sega execs Facebook

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Why would you assume there's bad blood when Suzuki sits on Sega's board (iirc) as an adviser and Sega is allowing him to do this period? :-k

Please don't tell me you're thinking of messaging them non-stop for Shenmue 1/2 HD? ](*,)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby freakycritter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Himuro wrote: Why would you assume there's bad blood when Suzuki sits on Sega's board (iirc) as an adviser and Sega is allowing him to do this period? :-k

Please don't tell me you're thinking of messaging them non-stop for Shenmue 1/2 HD? ](*,)

Well bad blood is maybe wrong, little tension I guess.

I don't plan to message them nonstop...but I think Shenmue fans probably would do such a thing.
freakycritter
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Himuro wrote:Please don't tell me you're thinking of messaging them non-stop for Shenmue 1/2 HD? ](*,)

What's the alternative?
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:09 pm

freakycritter wrote:
I don't plan to message them nonstop...but I think Shenmue fans probably would do such a thing.

So you posted this for this to happen?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote:
Himuro wrote:Please don't tell me you're thinking of messaging them non-stop for Shenmue 1/2 HD? ](*,)

What's the alternative?

Having common sense and basic decency as we wait rather than not treating the execs like people without any boundaries. Given the record numbers for Shenmue III KS, and it being slated as potentially becoming the largest funded game Kickstarter ever, as well as rising Shenmue 1/2 costs, messaging them would be foolish and probably even hurt our efforts. Our efforts should be spent backing the KS and making it a success, not hounding Sega execs online and invading their privacy and acting like morons.
Last edited by Himuro on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Yeah, that's a terrible fucking idea. You're verging on being a stalker when you take it upon yourself to communicate with a businessman through his personal Facebook profile.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 pm

DELETE HIS FACEBOOK.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Himuro wrote:
Wude-Tang Clan wrote:

What's the alternative?

Having common sense and basic decency as we wait rather than not treating the execs like people without any boundaries. Given the record numbers for Shenmue III KS, and it being slated as potentially becoming the largest funded game Kickstarter ever, as well as rising Shenmue 1/2 costs, messaging them would be foolish and probably even hurt our efforts. Our efforts should be spent backing the KS and making it a success, not hounding Facebook execs online and invading their privacy and acting like morons.

In general, not to these execs. More about down the road, post-Kickstarter.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Would Yu Suzuki choose a bunch of rabid fanboys to communicate on his behalf with his colleagues, possibly friends, especially when he has a direct line to the company?

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Himuro
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Wude-Tang Clan wrote:

What's the alternative?

Having common sense and basic decency as we wait rather than not treating the execs like people without any boundaries. Given the record numbers for Shenmue III KS, and it being slated as potentially becoming the largest funded game Kickstarter ever, as well as rising Shenmue 1/2 costs, messaging them would be foolish and probably even hurt our efforts. Our efforts should be spent backing the KS and making it a success, not hounding Facebook execs online and invading their privacy and acting like morons.

In general, not to these execs. More about down the road, post-Kickstarter.

Tweeting Sega, Cedric, or that one third party relation Sony guy that you would like Shenmue 1/2 HD is NOT the same thing as messaging a businessman's - and likely Yu's friend - personal Facebook.

Himuro has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Let's not go there, guys (talking to you, OP). Be sensible and don't give Shenmue a bad name. These guys are probably the ones who let Suzuki use the license, so do them a good one and don't encourage this kind of behaviour. There's a time and a place for making your requests known and on people's personal Facebook accounts is definitely not it.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Himuro
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Return to Shenmue III