The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 am

recommending one specific action definitely has a force since its easy to understand and do. if its too close to the end however and many people forget they won't be able to do it after it closes!

i think we need more of a guide which details the good value of pledging and the value of upgrading, especially to people going;

from nothing to digital copy
from digital to physical

$29 for digital AAA game is great value
$60 is basically the normal price for any game pre-order but you are getting the limited edition instead, which is great value.

you also don't want people withholding their pledges/upgrades for the final day and then forgetting. if there is going to be one specific pledging or upgrade event it needs to be at least 24 hours before it ends.

withholding pledges until a specific date also has the effect of slowing down the kickstarter in the days preceding it.

edit:
the general attitude should be; "these last 3 days are going to be the 'the final blow' to the kickstarter, we are really going to try and make a dent in that 10 million goal. We might not make it, but this is going to be one of the greatest final pushes in kickstater history! lets make shenmue 3 the biggest kickstarter funded game ever!"
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:15 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: This is an effort to let people know the deadline is approaching.

Kickstarter will be doing that. A lot of people set it to remind them when it's nearly over in the last day or two.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mystere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:24 pm

johnvivant wrote: recommending one specific action definitely has a force since its easy to understand and do. if its too close to the end however and many people forget they won't be able to do it after it closes!

you also don't want people withholding their pledges/upgrades for the final day and then forgetting, if there is going to be one specific pledging or upgrade event it needs to be at least 24 hours before it ends.

withholding pledges until a specific date also has the effect of slowing down the kickstarter in the days preceding it.

Yeah, I considered that too, although the KS ends Friday at 18.51hrs Pacific Time, which for 90% of the world is plenty late as the US West Coast is behind the rest of the Americas / Europe / world (except Hawaii). In Europe it'd actually be the 18th by that time and even for the West Coast it's reasonably late to allow people to remember. But, to be safe it could be made the 16th --- and let the 17th take the spill.

I do think "$30 on the 3rd" owed a lot of its success to its specific date; it focused people. I like your idea of a guide to upping pledges, I just wonder if a "reminder" of a deadline is strong enough motivation for something called "The Final Blow" (as Himuro said, Kickstarter will be reminding people anyway).
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Retroberra » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 pm

I took the freedom to play around a little bit with that logo picture and some video of the rooftop-scene... :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9UJxay-wdI

Retroberra has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Retroberra
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Retroberra wrote: I took the freedom to play around a little bit with that logo picture and some video of the rooftop-scene... :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9UJxay-wdI

great!

some higher quality footage and some more info at the end about the drive would help

I love how the kickstarter music begins as Ryo delivers that final blow, works really well!

idea;
when xuiying speaks change her subtitles to
'Pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW! - or possibly lose your chance forever! The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success. Make your dreams come true!'

and when ryo speaks change his subs to;
'Make my dreams come true!'

or something like that.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm

That is sick! Love it. I can see it really take off.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ARokitLawnChair » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm in. May as well up it by 15 to the 175.
ARokitLawnChair
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: ARokitLawnChair
XBL: ARokitLawnChair
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Mystere wrote:
Yeah, I considered that too, although the KS ends Friday at 18.51hrs Pacific Time, which for 90% of the world is plenty late as the US West Coast is behind the rest of the Americas / Europe / world (except Hawaii). In Europe it'd actually be the 18th by that time and even for the West Coast it's reasonably late to allow people to remember. But, to be safe it could be made the 16th --- and let the 17th take the spill.

Yeah, I don't think we should concentrate on a specific time to donate. We need to just push the last day or two.

Mystere wrote:
I do think "$30 on the 3rd" owed a lot of its success to its specific date; it focused people. I like your idea of a guide to upping pledges, I just wonder if a "reminder" of a deadline is strong enough motivation for something called "The Final Blow" (as Himuro said, Kickstarter will be reminding people anyway).

I'm in complete agreement with you. $30 on the 3rd is only considered a huge success because of the already established day thunderclap day and with the announcement of the physical PS4 reward. So I don't take credit at all for the enormous haul the 3rd brought in. But I'm still very happy with my $30 on the 3rd campaign.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Retroberra » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:50 pm

johnvivant wrote: ...idea;
when xuiying speaks change her subtitles to...

I did another quick test of that now :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcR3eKwrdHU
going to try and up the gameplay-videoquality as well.
Last edited by Retroberra on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retroberra has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Retroberra

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm in! When you have everything finalized I'll be sure to front page it and tweet like crazy!

Thanks elf, your work is amazing! =D>
Last edited by Sonoshee on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm all in. We need a final rallying cry like this. Note: the image isn't showing for me with the "show" button. Can someone make another link to it here? I will post this everywhere.

My tweets would simply say #TheFinalBlow (image inserted) $5 backers, up to digital! Digital backers, up to physical! Last chance to #SaveShenmue is NOW.

That's simple and understandable to me. Then I would also post that repeatedly in the comment section of the Kickstarter, with the addendum: "Everyone else, increase what you can in the final three days as well, and tweet and retweet #SaveShenmue & #TheFInalBlow beginning this July 15th all day every day to get them trending! This is our last chance! This is the final movement! LET'S DO THIS!"

Yes, the KS will remind people too, yes we will PROBABLY get PayPal, but frankly, I don't care. Sometimes fan-to-fan encouragement is more palpable and effective. People like to feel part of a movement. I certainly do. I AM ALL IN for this! Let's mobilize! Doing something is better than doing nothing! Let's just do it! It can't hurt.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Retroberra wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcR3eKwrdHU
going to try and up the gameplay-videoquality as well.

Can anyone provide Retroberra with HD video quality of this sequence in Japanese dub and without any subtitles? maybe even in widescreen?

@Retroberra - you can then add the all the subtitles yourself which would look better.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Can anyone upload the Final Blow campaign image to photobucket or somewhere else and link to it here? The "show" button in the first post isn't working for me, and no image is showing up. Thanks muchly!
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:34 pm

phpBB [video]
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Anonymous81 wrote: Can anyone upload the Final Blow campaign image to photobucket or somewhere else and link to it here? The "show" button in the first post isn't working for me, and no image is showing up. Thanks muchly!

try this link
http://www.30onthe3rd.com/images/tfb_logo.jpg

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III