Rueben Kee's arrangement in Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Rueben Kee's arrangement in Shenmue 3?

Postby ash55 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Hey guys, this was just a little idea that crossed my mind. I'm sure many of the people here are familiar with this guy, his musical talent, and the sad news of his passing. I never knew the dude, I never commented on his videos, I never gave his video a thumbs up, I even don't know a thing about him. I just remember listening to his music, many years ago. I also learned his arrangement of Shenmue on piano because I liked it so much (and boy do I pale in comparison...). In light of Shenmue III's announcement, it has been rather sad to remember he'll not be around for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4QFpKauq0 Here's his arrangement of Shenmue Reflections.

My idea was, wouldn't it be cool if his arrangement could be implemented into Shenmue III some how? Maybe we could pass the idea along to Cedric Biscay for consideration. That way his passion for the game and its music could live on and be heard by the many thousands who will play Shenmue III. Or perhaps even using his actual performance in the credits or something? (it's surprisingly high quality for a 2007 youtube video).

Anyhow, just throwing that idea out there. I just thought it would be cool to see. It would be really inspiring to know his arrangement or performance of the Shenmue theme blaring through the speakers in homes across the world.

ash55 has received a thanks from: Mr357
ash55
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: TFMash55
XBL: ash55
Steam: ash55
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Rueben Kee's arrangement in Shenmue 3?

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:42 am

They used a variation of the same song in the credits of 1 & 2, so that arrangement you linked would be perfect for the credits of 3.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: ash55
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:40 am

This reminds me.... I wonder if anyone pledged to put Rodger Swan's name into the game?

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: ash55
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenSun » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:49 am

I think we should make it clear to Ys net, Shibuya productions and Awesome Japan that we would like those that have unfortunately passed away mentioned in the Shenmue 3 credits.

Would be a lovely and respectful tribute

ShenSun has received a thanks from: ash55
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kobe » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:44 am

Rueben Kee's name should really be in the credits of Shenmue 3 since he worked on Shenmue Reflections which is an amazing piece of music. I listen to it quite a lot and since has passed away while the third is coming it would be wise to include his name, very wise.

Kobe has received a thanks from: ash55
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Aaron_H » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 am

I support having Rueben Kee's relfections during the credits/at some point in the game. A message in the credits dedicating the game to "the fans who are no longer with us" (not necessarily names) - perhaps at the point when the music starts - would be very thoughtful too. This is one of the saddest things about having to wait so long for Shenmue 3. :(

Aaron_H has received a thanks from: ash55
Aaron_H
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby joka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:14 am

Aaron_H wrote:I support having Rueben Kee's relfections during the credits/at some point in the game. A message in the credits dedicating the game to "the fans who are no longer with us" (not necessarily names) - perhaps at the point when the music starts - would be very thoughtful too. This is one of the saddest things about having to wait so long for Shenmue 3. :(

Very true... I dont know any fans personally that have passed but my mum passed away last year and she knew I was a massive fan and used to try and chat to me about it when I playing or afterwards so she'd have been happy for me :')

I agree it would be nice to have a message in the credits thanking fans for their support and paying respects to those that never got to see s3

I might actually shout out the fans that never got to see S3 in my guestbook entry! :D

joka has received a thanks from: ash55
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby ash55 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:39 am

Ziming wrote: This reminds me.... I wonder if anyone pledged to put Rodger Swan's name into the game?

phpBB [video]

=[ Never seen his videos before, but yeah that would be cool to see. =] He really seems passionate about the game there and you can see how much that "shenmue pilgrimage" meant to him.

On a lighter note, damn the toy capsule industry must be booming in Yokosuka.
ash55

PSN: TFMash55
XBL: ash55
Steam: ash55

Return to Shenmue III