Cedric bomb updates ???

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:13 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I have a feeling the bomb is there's no bomb. :cry:

pretty much my thoughts too. we are currently on track to do the same as yesterday (53-54k).. still no evidence of any supposed up turn at the end.. I'm not surprised but thought I'd put it out there for those who are convinced there will be one. if the steady 50k a day continues which it has for a while we will end around 4.9 million. painfully close to 5 million :*(

as mentioned in the NeoGAF thread, nice to see the new tiers helping...

tier > than advertising... for sure AJ.. for sure.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Cedric never disappointed us. Real mirrors and I'll be fine.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:23 pm

How are real mirrors a bomb?

Prohibitively expensive to manufacture and ship and will be another $10,000 reward.

Bloodstained was earning over six figures a day at this point. It was all marketing.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby rigo8582 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:26 pm

I'll make another $60 pledge for an XB1 version.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Not bomb but sounds "epic" for me. This is the lowest thing I could accept as a marketing strike.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Xbox is the only thing I can imagine having a significant effect on the Kickstarter. They clearly have no marketing plans to drive traffic to the page. That stream with Yu Suzuki was probably it, and I think it came a little too late.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Dudes, chill out.

Reprise has received 3 thanks from: Jibby, mjq jazz bar, Mr. Rod
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mystere » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
pretty much my thoughts too. we are currently on track to do the same as yesterday (53-54k).. still no evidence of any supposed up turn at the end.. I'm not surprised but thought I'd put it out there for those who are convinced there will be one. if the steady 50k a day continues which it has for a while we will end around 4.9 million. painfully close to 5 million :*(

Rig, I know I often pick up on your funding posts (like the other day when you predicted $25K and we got $50K+) and I'm not trying to be an arse. But we're going to make it. IT WILL pass $5M, so good God man, stop worrying about $4.9!

No "big" Kickstarter follows a straight line pattern at the end. Last minute backers (those who pressed "Remind Me Later" at the start, & fence sitters) jump in. Fans that can afford to, add a bit more. Bloodstained (yeah, I know it's always mentioned) raked in $1M in its last 24 hrs alone; $1.5M in its last 48hrs; $1.7M in 72.

Will Shenmue see a boost that big? No. At day ~4, we're at half the daily pledges of Bloodstained at that point. But with the "Final Push", the fence sitters, and (if we're lucky) maybe even a worthwhile last reward, it'll clear $5M even if we only manage "half" Bloodstained's ending spike. That's an additional 800,000+ in 3 days. Sound unachievable? OK. Let's be downbeat and cut it down to $500,000. Still past $5M. Or let's be straight up pessimistic and even half that again - we'll still make it. See how well the odds are stacked yet?

For my part, I'm not being complacently optimistic here... I'll be upping my pledge an extra $200 tomorrow and add $80 on a new account.

A day-on-day rise can already be observed. We might not beat Bloodstained, but $5M will happen.

Even AJ's latest shit rewards can't stop it.

Mystere has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon St. » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm hoping for a final prerecorded video with Suzuki and a new trailer. In combination with the effort from the fans, we can at least secure the 5.1 million stretch goal.

Cedric has been retweeting quite a lot of fans who have been critical of AJ. I'm sure he's far from happy with the 'work' they've put in, but he can't say that in public at this point. If long term funding is planned, AJ needs to stay far away from it.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby James Brown » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:26 pm

I reckon the bomb will hit tomorrow. 3 seems to be the big Shenmue number, what with the 3rd of July being something the kickstarter took on board, and boom ps4 version announced. 3 Days to go tomorrow, Shenmue 3, 3's everywhere. Maybe 3 big announcements of some sort.

Who knows, but I really don't think getting a personalised ingame fishing rod, was the bomb that blew the fish out the water....so to speak :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:29 pm

James Brown wrote:Who knows, but I really don't think getting a personalised ingame fishing rod, was the bomb that blew the fish out the water....so to speak :)

But with the fish out of the water it can blow you \:D/
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:35 pm

I would really like to see them get more than 5 million but am not overly worried about things in the long run actually. A lot can still happen when it comes to funding during development.
I am still curious though about this supposed Megaton. Announced ports would be great. A new amazing trailer would also be nice but that's maybe more of a Kiloton event ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mrandyk » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:35 pm

If they don't drop the alleged bomb tomorrow I would guess that it isn't coming. Three days to fund Shenmue three, seems like a good theme to drop bombs with.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Mystere wrote:
Rig, I know I often pick up on your funding posts (like the other day when you predicted $25K and we got $50K+) and I'm not trying to be an arse. But we're going to make it. IT WILL pass $5M, so good God man, stop worrying about $4.9!

lol I don't mind people challenging my posts, I'm sure subconsciously I post my pessimistic views in the hopes that someone will say something which makes me change my mind (and make me feel better!) because I want the opposite of what I say to happen. so by all means, challenge my pessimism at any opportunity.. prove me wrong so I can do a little Irish jig when it funds past 5 million and I have to eat my own words :) would make me very happy \:D/

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Mystere
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Cedric Biscay ‏@CedricBiscay 5 min
Hope we will break a new world record soon...#Shenmue3 #SaveShenmue

We'll try our best.

He also retweeted this:
@CedricBiscay With 4 days left and $45K per day, the KS will need something epic, something of demand, to really boost at the end. #Shenmue3

There's an ace up his sleeve.
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III