What's your platform of choice?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Which platform will you be playing Shenmue 3 o? (Total votes: 67)

1. PC
42%
2. PS4
58%

What's your platform of choice?

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:51 am

1. What platform will you be playing on? PS4/PC

2. Which platform do you prefer If you had a choice ? PS4/X1/Android/IOS/PC/Wii U/3DS/VIta/360/PS3

For me it will be ps4 and I'd rather have the game on PS4 as it will be the one I use most. But, I wouldn't mind PS3 o 360 honestly. X1 would be ok, but I would still go ps4 over it

You can say dreamcast , Saturn or whatever but please give your realistic answer with it :D
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: What's your platform of choice?

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 am

PC, pretty much means the game will be there for future generations.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:20 am

PC for mods :
- Dreamcast boot animation
- Dreamcast pad buttons for QTE
- Dreamcast pad
- Fanmade clothes ?
- Fanmade locations ?
- Graphic filters
- Swap characters
- Hacking exploration
+
60 fps
4k or better anti-aliasing if I can
windowed mode

Yokosuka has received 5 thanks from: Himuro, Mr357, Rakim, TwiceFriedRice, Wude-Tang Clan
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby zach » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 am

1. What platform will you be playing on? PS4/PC

I will be playing on PS4, but I still don't have a PS4. Actually wasn't planning on buying it, but damn Shenmue 3 I can't miss. Luckily there are some other great games coming too like The Last Guardian and FF7 remake. By 2017 I will probably grab The Witcher 3 and Deus EX: Mankind Divided as well for 10 euros each. :D

2. Which platform do you prefer If you had a choice ? PS4/X1/Android/IOS/PC/Wii U/3DS/VIta/360/PS3

I would prefer on PS3, because that means I don't have to buy a new console for Shenmue 3.
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby Shenmuehua » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:36 am

I would prefer PC version for:

-mods
-can play years after more easily I think
-graphism(maybe will be better on PC)
-community expansion

PS4 version:

-the feeling of playing on a console with a big screen on a sofa(I know you can with a PC but jsut the feeling)
-the physical version will be more beautiful I think with the box etc...

If I had the choice I d choose every platform so everyone could play 8) 8) 8)
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby punkmanced » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:43 am

If you're a Shenmue fan with a bit of cash to spare, I would say get both.

-PC for mods
-PS4 for the nostalgic feeling of playing Shenmue on a console.

Not to mention that it would be one more grain of sand on the road to Shenmue 4.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:40 am

PC.

Better graphics.

Likely better performance.

Moddable.

What if the game is harder to come by and it's stolen or something? I can always make a rip of my copy and play it that way.

I can play the game in future generations of pc. You can't with ps4. Will ps5 have backwards compat? Will there even BE a ps5? We don't know. But there will be a Windows machine or something with Windows support, allowing me to play Shenmue III.

However, as a Shenmue diehard? Both. I'm buying a ps4 for Shenmue III. You need to add the option of both.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:02 am

I'll definately get both and I'll probably end up playing the PC version more, with it possibly looking slightly better, higher framerate, mods and everything but my heart and vote go out to the PS4 version. Shenmue is a console game. Sorry but I just cannot get over that.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Drakul » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:26 pm

PS4 in my home theater!
Drakul

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:37 pm

I don't see the reason why I have seen a lot of people say that you can't play the game in the future or that it's easier to play on pc in the future.

I can still play nes and snes games just fine on their respected systems and usually the preferred way to play.

While it would be nice to play ps3 games on ps4, I don't have problem playing ps3 games on my ps3.

The PS4 could also get possible exclusive contnent but the fans would be so angry maybe not? At least sony inspired exclusive content is possible.

Also, the biggest issue I see as with most games is dlc and updates. Atleast pc fans can save and add edit all those thing so we have them forever. And I guess fans and modders can make it look like the next gen Shenmue we expect if Yu dosn' have the budget for it.

I guess mods can also add in rooms things to pic up, toys, and many other things that would make it even more deep than the old games.

I was a bit curious to see if anyone really just wanted this on x1 or wii u
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Ryo Fhan wrote: I don't see the reason why I have seen a lot of people say that you can't play the game in the future or that it's easier to play on pc in the future.

I can still play nes and snes games just fine on their respected systems and usually the preferred way to play.

While it would be nice to play ps3 games on ps4, I don't have problem playing ps3 games on my ps3.

The PS4 could also get possible exclusive contnent but the fans would be so angry maybe not? At least sony inspired exclusive content is possible.

Also, the biggest issue I see as with most games is dlc and updates. Atleast pc fans can save and add edit all those thing so we have them forever. And I guess fans and modders can make it look like the next gen Shenmue we expect if Yu dosn' have the budget for it.

I guess mods can also add in rooms things to pic up, toys, and many other things that would make it even more deep than the old games.

I was a bit curious to see if anyone really just wanted this on x1 or wii u

Because a lot of people don't keep their old systems around. Many put them in closets or outright sell them. So it's not like you all you have to do is just go and reinstall it like on pc and thanks to digital pc platform, it's not likely to not ever become terribly obselete in terms of platform because even games like Fallout 1/2 Ultima 1 and stuff are on GOG, available and these are 20-30 year old games. Will PS5 have a digital store that has Shenmue III on it? Likely not, and if they do, players will likely have to wait till it shows up. When Shenmue III comes out on Steam and likely GOG, that will be there for years to come unless it's taken down for some mysterious reason, and even those who bought will still have access to it likely as seen by other titles that are taken down by Steam but are still accessible to users who bought them before they were.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm

The problem with new consoles like the PS4 is they rely so much on the internet. Now imagine if Shenmue launches in practically an unplayable state on the PS4, with game breaking glitches? But it gets a day one patch that fixes those problems (or patched within the first few weeks/months/whatever). It won't be a big deal, right? I mean, that's the norm now and consumers don't really care as long as problems get patched out.

Now, imagine if in 14 years time you want to play Shenmue 3 again. You go to play on your PS4, re-install the game, but the servers have been shut down. Oh well, it's not an online game so no biggie, right? Except, that means no patches and you find the game practically unplayable.

That's the problem.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:13 pm

PC games are also having to require the internet mate
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Kobe wrote: PC games are also having to require the internet mate

Yup, but in my experience, PC gaming is kept alive by the fans, through numerous patches and mods that are archived and improved online by the fans over the years.

Will the same happen with Playstations? It would certainly be more complicated.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:59 pm

I am still at ends as to which kickstarter collectors edition version to get, PC or PS4? (Also, the kickstarter doesnt even state how to chose which platform of the CE at present, which I am still wondering about). I mean, I'll probably end up buying the game on every platform available, regardless, and hope I can get my hands on physical version of PS4 and PC.

I want to play the game on PC for my first play through I think. But things could definitely change by 2017 or 18 if it gets delayed. The game is definitely immortalized on PS4 if it gets a physical release, im still not convinced it will be compatible with all future versions of Windows (they could always decide to change that option at any time in the future as what ever is microsofts whim). I want the PC version for extra settings (assuming they actually have them, has it been confirmed higher resolutions and game settings in the PC version?), but I want the PS4 version for the classic console living room feel that I have always enjoyed with Shenmue.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III