Get a good nights rest.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: After Kickstarter

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Sit in a darkened room, with plenty of fluids and food, stare at the Shenmue Dojo and press 'F5' or 'CTRL + R' every 5 seconds until something happens.

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Mr357
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm sure they will turn to alternative options for long term crowdfunding. Paypal at least and maybe something else that's more friendly for the Japanese fanbase (KS clearly is not).

Then we will mark our calendars for the TGS hoping for a Shenmue HD announcement while new artwork will keep up busy until then.
Dragon St.

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:07 pm

We can all take a break and calm down a bit. It's going to be silent for quite a while I guess while the developement is starting to get going but from then on every news is going to be awesome, showing actual stuff from the game and such.

I guess there will be a lot of screenshots, artworks and trailers. Since it's a Kickstarter project I feel there will be a lot of updates in insights on the developement process.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Kobe
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Push like mad for a Paypal option 8)
Last edited by Sonoshee on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Dragon St. wrote: I'm sure they will turn to alternative options for long term crowdfunding. Paypal at least and maybe something else that's more friendly for the Japanese fanbase (KS clearly is not).

Then we will mark our calendars for the TGS hoping for a Shenmue HD announcement while new artwork will keep up busy until then.
I doubt that PayPal is even coming, well.. Yeah and Shenmue HD? TGS? highly doubt it.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

People are going to be excited for every upcoming games event, aren't they? Instead of it being "will we finally see Shenmue 3 announcement as that shady rumour explained" with a lot of us vets being all cynical and saying "no, don't be stupid!" it'll be "will they show off new Shenmue 3 footage at this game event? I'm so excited" etc etc. It's so satisfying for it to be like that than what it was before...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Reprise
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:27 pm

If Shenmue HD came out, I wouldn't even play it. Actually I don't know why anyone cares, since we've obviously all played the series to death. Sega would just f it up, like they always do.

But the reason I wouldn't play it, is because I'm currently replaying Shenmue on the Dreamcast and with it being, like, my 20th time or something ridiculous, I think it's possible that I'm all 'shenmued' out until Shenmue 3 finally comes out :shock:

I never thought I'd say that, but for the first time I'm finding it a bit of a chore to play through.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:40 pm

in regards to the dojo I had stated before this place had reached a point in its history I coined "The Calm" for many years this place was just veteran members and hardcore shenmue fans chit chatting about gaming mostly outside of Shenmue. I think we can now say "The Calm" has ended, as this place is hustling and bustling again with new and old faces!

Im not sure what this place will be like after the kick starter/6 months from now, although I hope everyone sticks around and keeps contributing! That being said I really enjoyed the way this place was before this announcement as well, all the dedicated members that never left I just want to thank them for a second: AXM, Yama, Ziming, OL, Henry, Ryan, Peter, Kenny, and myself and everyone else that knows who they are. I love all these guys and I have always enjoyed our gaming discussions, this entire time I have always kept a tab open for Shenmue Dojo! We all stuck through thick and thin and not everyone may know but the Dojo was on the verge of a shut down a few years back and we all need to recognize and thank Yama for keeping this place alive and taking up ownership and kept the dream alive long enough to make it to the announcement we have all waited so long for. Really big thanks to him! :)

Now, in regards to Shenmue itself? Get a pay pal "after kickstarter" campaign going, give us a means to continue contributing and to let new people contribute as well. There is little reason to let the contributions end after July 17th, Shenmue is old and im sure there are still eager fans that have forgotten that have not heard word until after July 17th that Shenmue 3 is happening and would like to contribute, even if they missed all the kickstarter goodies.

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Yama
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

^We are the true OGs.

I'll probably get an HD version of 1 & 2 if it comes out.

SEGA is in a bit of a rut, but they have so many IPs that need to be reinvigorated. And alot of people that need to be fired for making terrible business decisions.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Henry Spencer
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Reprise wrote: If Shenmue HD came out, I wouldn't even play it. Actually I don't know why anyone cares, since we've obviously all played the series to death. Sega would just f it up, like they always do.

But the reason I wouldn't play it, is because I'm currently replaying Shenmue on the Dreamcast and with it being, like, my 20th time or something ridiculous, I think it's possible that I'm all 'shenmued' out until Shenmue 3 finally comes out :shock:

I never thought I'd say that, but for the first time I'm finding it a bit of a chore to play through.

I want Shenmue HD badly, but not to replay it myself (although I will buy it without thinking). I think it will be hard to sell Shenmue III to a new generation as hardly anyone likes to be thrown in a story already halfway in. Shenmue HD (if well done) could boost Shenmue III sales in such way that we don't need another crowdfunding for Shenmue 4.
Dragon St.

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Dragon St. wrote:
Reprise wrote: If Shenmue HD came out, I wouldn't even play it. Actually I don't know why anyone cares, since we've obviously all played the series to death. Sega would just f it up, like they always do.

I want Shenmue HD badly, but not to replay it myself (although I will buy it without thinking). I think it will be hard to sell Shenmue III to a new generation as hardly anyone likes to be thrown in a story already halfway in. Shenmue HD (if well done) could boost Shenmue III sales in such way that we don't need another crowdfunding for Shenmue 4.

Perhaps. Or Shenmue HD might just get mediocre reviews and sell poorly, due to its slow pace, archaic design, laughable voice acting etc.

I agree though, I would probably rather have it released just so everyone has a chance to try the series who hasn't yet.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby zach » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:55 pm

I sold my DC last year, I never expected a Shenmue 3 and I thought all hope was lost.
A HD collection with both English and Japanese voices would be awesome, even just a simple port to play on the ps4 would be awesome.
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Next

Return to Shenmue III