$10 mill was never going to happen

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

$10 mill was never going to happen

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:30 pm

it could have happened if IGN didn't create that initial backlash over Sony involvement.

It could have happened if Sega would have announced a HD collection in time.

It could have happened if the entire fanbase would have helped. there were pettions with near 500 000 people during the years. We now have 10% of does people backing this. Where is everyone else? Are they waiting for the end of the campaign? Are they on that self entitled camp that doesn't support the KS because they feel entitled to ask Sony to fund this even though it'snot their game, even though it was always presented as a financial risk?

Are they the ones saying that they feel betrayed for having to pay for the production of the game (even though you get the game and other stuff from your pledges) when they kept the game alive all this years (and now that they can help save it they are not backing it cause they have to pay)?

I think if there was not such a division we would be near the 10 million mark already, but there is a lot of people that want the game, but expect Sony to take the risk or others for them and are not able to spare 29$ to help. :/ When this campaign started I was so happy to see so much people with the same pation i did for Shenmue but at the same time so sad to see how self entitled some gamers are and how they say they love the franchise, how long they waited for the game but they won't pay 29$ to help it be saved and help us make the game as good as it can be.

And I bet does will be the same people that will
complain in the end if the game isn't
bigger and better then Shenmue 2.
Last edited by Kobe on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:36 pm

I hate to be a cynical, factious bastard, but welcome to the real world.

That's just what happens. The second something happens and the request for money occurs, people go quiet. The thought of "well it's not like my money will really make a difference anyways" sets in.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Mr357
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Its 2015, anyone that still thinks online petitions are a accurate statistical indicator of anything need to revalue their lives.

We made Shenmue top 10 of the most funded KS projects ever and we have a chance of making it the number one KS game project.

ps: the $10M mark will be meet post KS.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Reprise
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 pm

I think people here forget how niche Shenmue really is.

Also, Paypal.

Honestly, I don't get the paranoia.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Himuro, Raithos, Reprise
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:55 pm

The problem is not the fanbase at all. Just take a look at how many copies this game sold and how many years have passed. 50,000+ fans showing up with an average of $88 dollars per backer is amazing (it's even higher when we don't count the 1800 supporters with a $5 pledge).

This campaign is just simply a bit of a rush job with an inexperienced team 'running' it. There's nothing to win any newcomers, that's the problem.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Kenny wrote:Honestly, I don't get the paranoia.

I dont get it either. Everyone hold your breath on all this talk until months after the kickstarter, there are so many possibilities that could present themselves and we really have no idea whats in store, or who or by what means the next big backer or funding could come from, we have to be patient and just wait and see what happens and in the mean time donate as much as possible though!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Really strange to see topics like this. 10 mil was impossible right from the start. And its not team problems, not IGN or something. Its just the game popularity is so low compared to the Castelvania or Mega Man, and Shenmue can still beat Bloodstained and already Mighty N9. We have to be happy with what SIII have right now - its a very big and good result.

JohnBlack has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Raithos, Reprise
JohnBlack

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:16 pm

In the translation of his Nico Nico Douga interview, he's talking like 10m were still possible. I didn't expect he was so ambitious about the open world thing.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Kenny wrote: I think people here forget how niche Shenmue really is.

Please explain. Because that's like the number 1 argument that people have been using against us for not having another Shenmue. I'm not convinced. One of every ten DC owners bought this game. So it sure wasn't niche on it's only available platform. So why wouldn't Shenmue sell on a mainstream platform?
Dragon St.

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:27 pm

10 Million is INDEED possible. Each of our 50,000 supporters need only to pledge $200. I myself pledged $185 and I'm going to up it to $200 even before the KS ends.

What every one of our supporters needs to understand is this: why won't you pay $200 for Shenmue 3? If Shenmue 3 were on shelves right now for $200 you know you'd buy it!

So tell me you hate Shenmue... tell me you hate Sega.... tell me you hate Yu Suzuki... but DON'T tell me that you can't put together $200... because it insults my intelligence.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

SMDzero wrote: 10 Million is INDEED possible. Each of our 50,000 supporters need only to pledge $200. I myself pledged $185 and I'm going to up it to $200 even before the KS ends.

What every one of our supporters needs to understand is this: why won't you pay $200 for Shenmue 3? If Shenmue 3 were on shelves right now for $200 you know you'd buy it!

So tell me you hate Shenmue... tell me you hate Sega.... tell me you hate Yu Suzuki... but DON'T tell me that you can't put together $200... because it insults my intelligence.

Maybe you dont know, but there is a countries where 200$ is more than average salary per month.

JohnBlack has received 2 thanks from: PacemaŜinobo, Raithos
JohnBlack

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 pm

This idea that everyone should donate said amount of money is a ridiculous one. If people are supporting with whatever they can, good on them. People need to stop stressing themselves out of the "what ifs" and just appreciate that we have Shenmue 3 now. PayPal after the Kickstarter is over is a possibility. So is Shenmue HD. I honestly am finding some of this talk about the Kickstarter really toxic (many times I've seen people on here just turn on each other and say some horrible or stupid things) and at this stage now, will be glad once it's all finally over, quite honestly.

People should just be happy, for fuck's sake. This is the best time for Shenmue fans... in almost 15 years. Get some perspective, people.

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:37 pm

JohnBlack wrote:
SMDzero wrote: 10 Million is INDEED possible. Each of our 50,000 supporters need only to pledge $200. I myself pledged $185 and I'm going to up it to $200 even before the KS ends.

Maybe you dont know, but there is a countries where 200$ is more than average salary per month.

No KS supporter is living off $200USD per annum. If they were then they'd be insane to even pledge $1.

Debating over how much you can pledge on a Kickstarter is a 1st world problem.

Oh I guess you said per month... still if you're making $200 per month you cannot and should not be throwing away even 50 cents of a kickstarter.
Last edited by SMDzero on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:42 pm

All backers are not fans, a lot of them just liked the game. The average per pledge is still pretty impressive.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:44 pm

I think we will still be number 1 KS game and I think we will also have something really to be proud of at the end of this thing.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Mr357
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Shenmue III