$10 mill was never going to happen

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

Postby Kobe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:42 am

Ceej wrote:Now, complain about more important things, like how you won't play Shenmue 3 if they don't bring back the main menu music from Shenmue 1 and 2.

Dafuq
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby punkmanced » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Ceej wrote: I feel like we need a split Shenmue 3 board at this point. Give all the negative posters their own space to complain. It's hard for me to come to this board because of the crappy atmosphere .

The Shenmue fan base is built on optimism..yet I've seen a couple posters that are more negative than ever. This is one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time(!!!!), why are you being so negative? We're getting Shenmue 3. It's happening. Be happy! Complaining that this massively successful fundraising project isn't even MORE successful is silly! We won! Now, complain about more important things, like how you won't play Shenmue 3 if they don't bring back the main menu music from Shenmue 1 and 2.

The Shenmue fan base is built on…love for Shenmue ;)
Your greater point would only be valid if this were the year 1999, and we could just rely on Sega to do all the work for us, whilst happily waiting, worry-free.

This isn’t the case anymore. After a 15-year wait, we’ve basically funded this game ourselves, and have had to deal with shitty marketing and questionable decisions along the way. We’re all ecstatic that Shenmue 3 is coming out…it goes without saying….but now we have to worry about getting a stripped-down version of the game due to lack of funding.

With that said, I do agree that this isn’t the endpoint just yet.
In addition to the wonderful efforts of this very community, we do have some things to look forward to: Paypal/LateBacker options; Shenmue HD (it’s inevitable; it’s the only way to bring in new fans); new investors coming onboard, following the successful campaign; etc…

So basically… till the fat lady sings, “let’s get sweaty”.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

punkmanced wrote:but now we have to worry about getting a stripped-down version of the game due to lack of funding,

Did Yu Suzuki say that or are you just making an assumption there? Funny, because I could have sworn Yu Suzuki had said that even at $2M, Shenmue 3 would be a follow up worthy of its name :roll:
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby rigo8582 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:00 pm

I never thought the game would $10 million through kickstarter. I think its possible to get $10 million with all the funding they secure including kickstarter. But I only care about the story, if all the story elements are there I'm ok with it. I'm perfectly ok with some minigames being sacrificed for budget reasons.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Ceej » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Kobe wrote:
Ceej wrote:Now, complain about more important things, like how you won't play Shenmue 3 if they don't bring back the main menu music from Shenmue 1 and 2.

Dafuq

[sarcasm] Now, complain about more important things, like how you won't play Shenmue 3 if they don't bring back the main menu music from Shenmue 1 and 2. [/sarcasm]

;-)

Ceej has received a thanks from: Monkei
Ceej
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby punkmanced » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Reprise wrote:
punkmanced wrote:but now we have to worry about getting a stripped-down version of the game due to lack of funding,

Did Yu Suzuki say that or are you just making an assumption there? Funny, because I could have sworn Yu Suzuki had said that even at $2M, Shenmue 3 would be a follow up worthy of its name :roll:

No one’s assuming anything: just take a look at the stretch goals to see what you’d be missing at only $2 million. :roll:
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:31 pm

punkmanced wrote:
Reprise wrote:

No one’s assuming anything: just take a look at the stretch goals to see what you’d be missing at only $2 million. :roll:

What do you mean look at the stretch goals? They're vague as fuck. Someone asked Yu if the 'Part Time Jobs' stretch goal wasn't met, would that meant we wouldn't get part time jobs in Shenmue 3 and he responded that we would get part time jobs regardless. What is "advanced free battle"? Someone asked Yu and he said it would make the battle system more developed than Shenmue 1 and 2. Does this mean that without it, the fighting would be on a par with Shenmue 1 and 2? If so, I don't really care. Or does it mean the free battles would suck and be stripped down? No one knows. And as for the areas being expanded, again, that is vague. What does the areas being expanded mean? Will it matter in the grand scheme of things? What size would they be without stretch goals? We have no context to make comparison.

You're just making assumptions.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Monkei
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 pm

The goals aren't gospel and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I get fans are frustrated about some things and just want the best but it has started to tip over into just all out negativity that's not even constructive.

Ive found myself getting sucked into it too but I'm going to make a conscious effort to stay positive and to remember how happy I was at the e3 announcement and it hitting the 2m target to make Shenmue 3 a reality!
Last edited by joka on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joka has received a thanks from: Reprise
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Monkei » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Please stop with the ifs and woulds and coulds and all that bullshit already. You've got to realize one thing about this reality you're living in: If something actually could have happened any other way, then it would have happened another way. But it didn't, because it couldn't. Stop with all this whining, blaming, worrying, stop being stupid. Stop being a circus. Stop being unrealistic and greedy. Stop telling people to donate more, we're all doing whatever we can, stop complaining. We're fine, Shenmue III is fine. We made it. We made Yu make it. It's time to effing enjoy all of this instead of shitting your pants over and over again, and about nothing.

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Reprise
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Lets get one thing straight guys, no one had any idea how far this kick starter could go, not Yu Suzuki, not Sony, not Sega. Every single publisher passed on funding it, or wanting anything to do with it because of Shenmues financial reputation. We cant blame them for wanting to keep expectations low and only going for a 2 million dollar minimum, we can rip the whole Shenmue 3 KS team a new one because of all these issues BUT... can you really blame them? Everything happened so fast, NO ONE HAD ANY IDEA THAT AFTER 14 YEARS THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND FAN SUPPORT WOULD BE THE WAY IT HAS BEEN even they are trying to keep up, im sure they are just as frantic as we are trying to keep up with everything. Give these guys a break, this whole thing has been one big questionable wild card, that no one could have fore seen this outcome, but the momentum is in our/Shenmue 3's favor. WHY DONT YOU FUCKERS GET THIS??? AAAHHHH

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Reprise
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to Shenmue III