KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 am

as a pre-release, hand animated (as quickly as possible) preview its perfectly fine. I doubt this particular scene will be in the actual game, as these all seem to be internal test scenes to get use to the tools/engine.

considering they haven't even hired all their staff, this was probably done with a couple of people very quickly.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:18 am

Well it's nice of them to show us some footage again but like it's been said a dozend times before already it's kinda rushed and hastily put together. I don't quite like how the characters glow. Fancy lighting is just overdone.

I think they already had this video ready or in the works before showing the updated models. If they had time to work on things they would've updated Shenhua's sleeves for this video.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 am

Considering they literally just started development, this is great. THey have 2 more years to make this perfect. :) I'm excited.

However, I'm really concerned that naysayers are going to complain about and put a damper on every step in the process over the next 2 years. I kind of liked it better when we didn't have any say or inside look

EverybodyLovesRen has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Reprise
EverybodyLovesRen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:41 am

Hey, Phong, do what you want, but I think you're being super irrational. The game isn't coming out for at least two years and it's still pretty much by the same creative geniuses who brought us the first two games. If you have that little faith in the project, then maybe you've just outgrown Shenmue. I'm not going to let some rushed proof of concept scare me away from something I've desired for half of my life.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Reprise
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jibby » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 am

Phong wrote:
I'll still buy Shenmue 3! I'll still play it and own it.

I'm just thinking, maybe I shouldn't invest thousands of dollars in it.

You are such an attention seeker.
Don't want to contribute thousands of dollars? Don't. We're not going to stop you. Stop thinking you can intimidate the Shenmue community by throwing your toys out of the pram and having a little temper tantrum.

You're like the kid at school who brings the football but takes it away and tries to ruin things for everyone because they're loosing.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: mjq jazz bar, Shenhua-Nani?
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:50 am

I like it. Do I think they should've thrown a quick Lan Di in there or something to give the "epic" effect? Yes. But it is still a great clip, and it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what 2 and a half years and $5 million dollars in the hands of some of the most trusted developers can do to it.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby punkmanced » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:23 pm

EverybodyLovesRen wrote: Considering they literally just started development, this is great. THey have 2 more years to make this perfect. :) I'm excited.

However, I'm really concerned that naysayers are going to complain about and put a damper on every step in the process over the next 2 years. I kind of liked it better when we didn't have any say or inside look

Agreed.
It’s a slightly different debate, but aside from some basic “don’t pull a George Lucas and f**k with the existing continuity/ character models/ etc” type of input, I’d much rather not have any fan involvement at all, to be honest. It worked wonders in the past.

(Last thing we need is the kind of focus group-type input that ends up altering Suzuki’s vision in any way. Somewhat akin to film directors being forced into reshoots after their original cut/ending tests poorly. Or something like a "have it your way!" type of fast food selection, where fans get to choose their preferred ingredients).

Basically, as long as YS does his thing at his own pace, like always, without feeling obliged to ___ because of KS/ backer pressure/fan involvement, it’s all good.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mystere » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

$5M!!!

Mystere has received a thanks from: punkmanced
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Phong » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:52 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Hey, Phong, do what you want, but I think you're being super irrational. The game isn't coming out for at least two years and it's still pretty much by the same creative geniuses who brought us the first two games. If you have that little faith in the project, then maybe you've just outgrown Shenmue. I'm not going to let some rushed proof of concept scare me away from something I've desired for half of my life.

What concept does it prove? That Shenmue is departing from the realism it's been known for and moving toward a cheap shiny glowy DBZ imitation fighter that Shenmue Online was turning out to be, which a lot of us were just plain confused by but which we sort of shrugged at because they were restricting it to asian markets.

We don't talk much about Shenmue Online, do we? Shenmue Dojo even closed off the forum dedicated to it a long time ago. I think a lot of us are just trying to forget it.

I like Tron as much as the next person (probably more) but it seems really out of place in Shenmue. More than out of place. It seems cheap. You're saying Suzuki has already proven himself. Not in this area, he hasn't, and not to me, and isn't that what this kickstarter is about? Us, the fans, having a voice? I'm just saying what I think.

Jibby wrote:
Phong wrote:
I'll still buy Shenmue 3! I'll still play it and own it.

I'm just thinking, maybe I shouldn't invest thousands of dollars in it.

You are such an attention seeker.
Don't want to contribute thousands of dollars? Don't. We're not going to stop you. Stop thinking you can intimidate the Shenmue community by throwing your toys out of the pram and having a little temper tantrum.

You're like the kid at school who brings the football but takes it away and tries to ruin things for everyone because they're loosing.

I don't seek any more attention than you do and I'm certainly not trying to intimidate anybody into anything. Where did that come from?

And what am I "loosing?"
Phong

Postby Jibby » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Phong wrote:
I don't seek any more attention than you do and I'm certainly not trying to intimidate anybody into anything. Where did that come from?

And what am I "loosing?"

Yeah you are. You keep saying to people that disagree with you that you'll 'maybe just drop your pledge'. It's intimidating as it might put people off voicing their disagreement with you. Either drop the pledge or don't - we don't need to know and the fact that you keep feeling the need to announce it makes it seem as if you're just looking for the attention.
The loosing at football analogy reflects the fact that you're not happy with something many other people are (the 'loosing' part) and so you think you should try and make it worse for everyone else by not investing (the 'taking the football away' part).
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Phong wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: Hey, Phong, do what you want, but I think you're being super irrational. The game isn't coming out for at least two years and it's still pretty much by the same creative geniuses who brought us the first two games. If you have that little faith in the project, then maybe you've just outgrown Shenmue. I'm not going to let some rushed proof of concept scare me away from something I've desired for half of my life.

What concept does it prove? That Shenmue is departing from the realism it's been known for and moving toward a cheap shiny glowy DBZ imitation fighter that Shenmue Online was turning out to be, which a lot of us were just plain confused by but which we sort of shrugged at because they were restricting it to asian markets.

We don't talk much about Shenmue Online, do we? Shenmue Dojo even closed off the forum dedicated to it a long time ago. I think a lot of us are just trying to forget it.

AHAHAHAHA

You got all this from a 30 second video, mate?

:rotflmao:

Yet you ignore the clear supernatural element of Shenhua blowing dandelions with her ki, that was brought up pages ago, which made you say "I'm done". So are you really done this time? :lol:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Phong » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Jibby wrote: You keep saying to people that disagree with you that you'll 'maybe just drop your pledge'. It's intimidating as it might put people off voicing their disagreement with you. Either drop the pledge or don't - we don't need to know and the fact that you keep feeling the need to announce it makes it seem as if you're just looking for the attention.
The loosing at football analogy reflects the fact that you're not happy with something many other people are (the 'loosing' part) and so you think you should try and make it worse for everyone else by not investing (the 'taking the football away' part).

So I'm not allowed to talk about my pledge amount because it might intimidate you.

Well you're not trying to intimidate me into silence, are you? Nope.

Himuro wrote:Yet you ignore the clear supernatural element of Shenhua blowing dandelions with her ki, that was brought up pages ago, which made you say "I'm done". So are you really done this time? :lol:

Done with you, that's for sure.

If anyone else would like to say that dandelion seeds doing what dandelion seeds do naturally by floating on air currents is "clearly supernatural" and "obviously Shenhua's ki" I'll nod politely toward you as well.
Phong

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Done with me, eh? Shenhua blows them with her energy, dude.

Are you denial?

(is he trolling?)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Phong wrote:So I'm not allowed to talk about my pledge amount because it might intimidate you.

Well you're not trying to intimidate me into silence, are you? Nope.

Ah, the old switcheroo. Don't try to turn my argument around on me when you clearly don't understand it. I'm not intimidating you into silence as talking about your pledge is one thing, holding it ransom to try and 'one up' people who don't agree with you is another.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Remember everyone! Shenhua totally didn't blow the dandelions with her energy. They just randomly floated towards her after she says she still blows dandelions and did so for Ryo!

Shenhua has no special powers AT ALL despite remembering vivid memories living in Luoyang during the Tang Dynasty and having a poem that foretells the coming of a man from the East that she is supposed to be waiting for.

Shenmue has ZERO supernatural forces and it all falls back in a hyper realistic world setting with zero myths, tall tales, and mysticism.

phpBB [video]
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III