The new trailer is bad ...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:35 am

Also if you click the youtube button on the video, and actually see it on the Youtube page, it has like 45k views, and most people are loving it!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:36 am

We have to agree Shenmue music rules.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:37 am

Stop being pessimistic and dramatize everything. This is tiresome. Go look in the past the early videos of Shenmue I & II; they were not the best in the early stages of development, but at the final release they look what you love now. Ys Net Inc. hasn't even get yet the funds from the Kickstarter, and they have 2-3 years to develop Shenmue 3. Therefore, for the sake of your mentality and psychology, look at the positive signs and trust the genious of Yu Suzuki, as has been highlighted in the past and it will be reincarnated even better now.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:39 am

I love that a moth before we were asking for SIII with dreamcast graphics, on ds or whatever.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Supa
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 am

many people in the comments find the 'butt zoom' humorous but in an endearing way, rather than it being something which they are put off by.

so i think the 'butt zoom' could actually work in our favour! - with it being categorized like the voice acting as an 'easily forgivable aspect of shenmue's charm!'

it certainly makes the trailer very memorable.
stroke of genius by Yu?

i certainly feel a lot better about it.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:41 am

What other KS games had a trailer during the campaign showing some ingame graphics(even if just alpha builds)?

I recall Bloodstained and MN9 only having concept art...

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ceej » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 am

I got chills watching it.

Then again, you could put that song on a video of Chris Berman eating a hot dog and I'd probably get chills watching that too.

Ceej has received a thanks from: Otacon_ahs
Ceej
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:44 am

Lan Di-sama wrote: ](*,)

The game isn't even in development yet.

How can you say that this looks bad to those new to the series? Are you new to the series?

Judging by the boost in funding since last night, Id hardly say this teaser had a negative impact.

I cannot wait for this campaign to end and for the game to go quietly into production so everyone can quit hyper-analyzing (aka bitching about) everything.

Bitching around?

We are worried, that's all. We already put money on Kickstarter.
Man, We are Shenmue FANS, that waited 14 YEARS, posting on SHENMUE dojo. We recognized Shenhua and Ryo, and the melody. We know it's super early pre-alpha footage, we are not bitching, we are worried because the trailer alone, and still some of us think the trailer looks bad. That's a fact.

So how is it supposed to appeal new backers that doesn't know about the series? They will see a trailer that zooms Shenhua ass, has fireflies and so, and maybe close the tab. I don't expect new backers to put money because this trailer, maybe has a negative effect, and still see some boost because it's normal, and maybe are some fans out there that have waited until now.

Youtube comments with positive review is not an indicative of nothing but the fact that there are near 55.000 backers, and most of them are hardcore Shenmue fans.

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: What other KS games had a trailer during the campaign showing some ingame graphics(even if just alpha builds)?

I recall Bloodstained and MN9 only having concept art...

Sometimes is better having really good artwork than an arguably bad ingame video.
Last edited by Otacon_ahs on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otacon_ahs has received a thanks from: Phong
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue I

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

Otacon_ahs wrote:
Sometimes is better having really good artwork than an arguably bad ingame video.

It's also better to have a bad advertising than nothing ;)

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Otacon_ahs
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Otacon_ahs wrote:

It's also better to have a bad advertising than nothing ;)

Well, maybe. But there's already a lot of coverage in the media during the campaign. But maybe you're right. I hope so.
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Snakiest » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 am

I didn't like it. Better no trailer than this.

In Yu we trust.

Snakiest has received a thanks from: Phong
Snakiest

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:59 am

Otacon_ahs wrote: We know it's super early pre-alpha footage, we are not bitching, we are worried because the trailer alone, and still some of us think the trailer looks bad. That's a fact.

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here, but if you saying that the trailer looks bad and that is a fact, then you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. And it's hard to take your opinion seriously if you indeed don't know that distinction.

The fact is that some people will enjoy this teaser and some will not. And my opinion is that it doesn't matter much.

My reasoning that even a shitty trailer (which this is not) would be better than nothing at all is because the media is already posting stories about it, and are pointing to the fact that the Kickstarter is in its final days. This is the point of releasing this days before the end - to remind people to pledge, to remind people that this campaign is in its final hours. And it's working because funding has gone up well over 50k since last night.

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:03 am

Lan Di-sama wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here, but if you saying that the trailer looks bad and that is a fact, then you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. And it's hard to take your opinion seriously if you indeed don't know that distinction.

Some of us (Shenmue fans) thinking the trailer looks bad was the fact. Sorry if it was difficult, my english isn't perfect (obvious thing, i suppose haha).

Otacon_ahs has received a thanks from: Lan Di-sama
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:03 am

I'm not an Unreal 4 animation expert or anything, but my guess as to why it zooms on Shenhua's butt might be because that's the center of her character model/skeleton. They were probably just going for a 'dramatic zoom in' or something.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Ryo Fhan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:04 am

I honestly don't see how the game would get out by 2017
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext