The new trailer is bad ...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:07 am

People really need to understand that this will be NOTHING like the finished product. This short has been made and rushed out just for the kickstarter, in probably a very short amount of time. There is no VO, no sound (other than BGM), no intro, its barely even a trailer lol its just a clip of what they have been working on as probably proof of concept.

Calm down lol...

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Outlawstar98 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:10 am

I love it. Because it's not even close to the game coming out so how much more improvement on top of that will blow me away from Shenmue2 I bet. Only odd thing I saw was Ryo looking around lol
Outlawstar98
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:11 am

NeoShredder wrote: I'm not an Unreal 4 animation expert or anything, but my guess as to why it zooms on Shenhua's butt might be because that's the center of her character model/skeleton. They were probably just going for a 'dramatic zoom in' or something.

Nah, UE has an animator that you can use global position or simply writing keyframes on the port.

It's probably just stiff animation done by not an animator.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 am

SheepheadCG wrote: People really need to understand that this will be NOTHING like the finished product. This short has been made and rushed out just for the kickstarter, in probably a very short amount of time. There is no VO, no sound (other than BGM), no intro, its barely even a trailer lol its just a clip of what they have been working on as probably proof of concept.

Calm down lol...

The thing i want to say here is that all of us know that already. It makes no sense in Shenmue fans saying other Shenmue fans that it's an early footage. I'm not worried about the final product, i'm worried about new backers. I mean, really NEW people that doesn't know anything about this series and read something on the media, go to the website and watch THAT trailer of the future game, because to me, it looks bad if you are not diving into Shenmue history, forums and so.
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue I

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:18 am

As opposed to mighty number 9 kickstarter that showed amazing unique concept 2D art only to release a very generic looking 3d atheistic. Personally I think the willingness to show such early work is a level of honesty and transparency that is appreciated by many. People pledging on KS are generally knowledgeable enough to understand 'work in progress' shots this early on, Joe public who might misunderstand don't usually pledge on kickstarters, if they did bloodstained and many others would be 10 million+ in funds

RiGoRmOrTiS has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, NeoShredder, Otacon_ahs
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby iyapol » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 am

As others have said, I wouldn't look to deeply into the clip. It's very, very early days.

The fans got what they asked for.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 am

Lan Di-sama wrote: ](*,)

The game isn't even in development yet.

How can you say that this looks bad to those new to the series? Are you new to the series?

Judging by the boost in funding since last night, Id hardly say this teaser had a negative impact.

I cannot wait for this campaign to end and for the game to go quietly into production so everyone can quit hyper-analyzing (aka bitching about) everything.

A-fucking-men!
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am

I'm not worried about the trailer appealing to new backers. Why? The Kickstarter earned $100,000 yesterday and is looking to do the same today. We're going to hit the $5 million stretch goal and I'm sure momentum will continue until the end. Things went about as well as they could.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm not worried about the trailer appealing to new backers. Why? The Kickstarter earned $100,000 yesterday and is looking to do the same today. We're going to hit the $5 million stretch goal and I'm sure momentum will continue until the end. Things went about as well as they could.

Yup I'm of this mindset now too, the only pessimistic bone left in my body now is the one hoping there are not loads of pledge trolls waiting for it to hit 5 million

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 am

I just watched the trailer and laughed out loud at work, it's great and I love it however that zoom up of Shenhua's butt just as the music ramps up gets to me.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:18 am

I am convinced that when this game comes out and it's probably a modern classic that someone will make a thread called "Is This Game Shenmue Standards?" because a lightning storm occurs during play one time that is completely out of the developers control and cuts their tv off.

"There's no 1080p version of the trailer, is this Shenmue standards?"
"The storm cut my power out, surely it's a sign. Is this Shenmue standards?"
"I had to go poop when I played the game. Is that really what we want from Shenmue?"
"Ryo smiled, THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR, IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE DESIRE FROM SHENMUE????"

People who have to bitch about even the most inane of things, whose standards and wishes for III will never be sated, whose criticism isn't constructive but destructive and pampered and increasingly illogical to the point of absurdity.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Supa
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 am

Himuro wrote:"There's no 1080p version of the trailer, is this Shenmue standards?"
"The storm cut my power out, surely it's a sign. Is this Shenmue standards?"
"I had to go poop when I played the game. Is that really what we want from Shenmue?"
"Ryo smiled, THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR, IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE DESIRE FROM SHENMUE????"

:lol:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 am

Ey, i'm reading pretty good coverage and critics about Shenmue 3 thanks to the new trailer (at least in spanish).
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue I

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:33 am

They released a new trailer on the final two days that has gained 65k views in less than 12 hours and you have people bitching about "what about the new fans?"

I am convinced we need to draw a line in the sand here between dumb Shenmue fans who cannot clearly read "GAME DEVELOPMENT IS ONGOING" at the bottom of a 40 second pre-alpha concept video likely done by one person in less than a week and the smart Shenmue fans who realize that the game is out in two to three years.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:36 am

Those are some some shining bugs !

Don't know why they didn't render it in 1080p though.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III