Two added stretch goals

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Two added stretch goals

Postby R3N » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:54 am

Rakim wrote: What's the difference between those two records anyway?

Game is any game including board games and card games. Record holder is explosive kitten.

Video games is only video games. Board games andcard games don't qualify. Record holder bloodstained.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:59 am

I read old Bloodstained pledgers are backing it because they want also to break the record. I think these virtual stretch goals add delicious excitation to the potential backers.

I read also newcomers backing Shenmue 3 because of the hype and the passion of the community. All the spotlights tend to the green !
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby R3N » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:00 am

We need more fans to make a new account and pledge again to get both physical or downloadable version of Ps4 and PC.
This doesn't look great we running out of time We need 430k
We need to get today atleast 130k and tomorow 200k or we not going to make it.

I explained this on this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48506
Shenmue has to win we need that publicity.
Claiming 2 records would really really benefit Shenmue brand.

R3N has received a thanks from: johnvivant
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 am

R3N wrote: We need more fans to make a new account and pledge again to get both physical or downloadable version of Ps4 and PC.

to emphasize the value for people from Great Britain, $29 digital tier works out £18.57. which is insane good value. if you've already secured physical version on a higher tier, open another account and get digital too. also digital is great as gift for friends and family. you can open an unlimited number of accounts and use the same card on all of them without any problems, i've got 6 accounts and no problems at all so far. well done everyone for making this kickstarter so successfull. that video game record NEEDS TO BE OURS!

johnvivant has received a thanks from: R3N
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:25 am

johnvivant wrote:

to emphasize the value for people from Great Britain, $29 digital tier works out £18.57. which is insane good value. if you've already secured physical version on a higher tier, open another account and get digital too. also digital is great as gift for friends and family. you can open an unlimited number of accounts and use the same card on all of them without any problems, i've got 6 accounts and no problems at all so far. well done everyone for making this kickstarter so successfull. that video game record NEEDS TO BE OURS!

Have you done this in the past though? I'm super paranoid about this not working. I've successfully backed with two accounts now, but when it comes to taking payment in two days time the pledges might get declined at that point.

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: R3N
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 am

ConanTheKing wrote:
johnvivant wrote:

Have you done this in the past though? I'm super paranoid about this not working. I've successfully backed with two accounts now, but when it comes to taking payment in two days time the pledges might get declined at that point.

as a precaution put your main 'large pledge' on one card, and all your smaller pledges on another.
contact your bank/credit card company and advise that a number of small payments from a foreign company with coming out on: 18th - or whatever date it is for your region.

i believe that if they are declined, kickstarter has some system for trying again anyway. does anyone know anything about that?

edit ok just found this info;
Depending on your locale, Kickstarter/Amazon/Stripe will take up to 14 days to retry the charge (asking the backer to update their payment information along the way).
Last edited by johnvivant on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: R3N
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 am

R3N wrote: We need more fans to make a new account and pledge again to get both physical or downloadable version of Ps4 and PC.

Calm down, these are usually the slowest hours since all the USA is basically asleep. It will pick up pace in a few hours, altho 6M$ is getting more and more unlikely. :sad:
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:33 am

johnvivant wrote:

as a precaution put your main 'large pledge' on one card, and all your smaller pledges on another.
contact your bank/credit card company and advise that a number of small payments from a foreign company with coming out on: this date.

i believe that we if they are declined kickstarter has some system for trying again. does anyone know anything about that?

I checked the FAQ a couple of days ago and if there's issues taking payment they contact you via e-mail and give you 7 days to re-enter your payment. But it's not so much the bank declining the payment that worries me, I am worried Kickstarter might just cancel the pledge if the same card is detected on multiple accounts, some websites don't like that such as Amazon for example.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:33 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Sorry, but this looks stupid, stretch goals should be gameplay related, and not shots at other games lol

Stretch goals aren't pulled out of thin air, though, adding more gameplay-related stretch goals after $5.1 would have led to Advanced FREE Battle being higher than $6 mill.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 am

ConanTheKing wrote:
johnvivant wrote:

contact your bank/credit card company and advise that a number of small payments from a foreign company with coming out on: this date.

i believe that we if they are declined kickstarter has some system for trying again. does anyone know anything about that?

I checked the FAQ a couple of days ago and if there's issues taking payment they contact you via e-mail and give you 7 days to re-enter your payment. But it's not so much the bank declining the payment that worries me, I am worried Kickstarter might just cancel the pledge if the same card is detected on multiple accounts, some websites don't like that such as Amazon for example.

somebody (user was James Brown) asked kickstarter and they replied back that it would be fine.
send him a pm, i'm sure he'll give your more info.
Last edited by johnvivant on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: ConanTheKing
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:02 am

I messaged them and they replied saying it shouldn't be a problem.

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

Jul 8, 11:51 AM

Hi James,

You should be totally fine! Let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alfie

skilljim

Jul 8, 9:58 AM

Hi, I am a big Shenmue fan and have backed for the $1500 tier on this account. I also wanted to get the $80 tier so I would be able to receive both rewards, and I have backed this tier on a second account. I have backed it using the same debit card as I thought this would be okay, but I wanted to just double check before the project finishes that my card will be successfully charged twice, one for each of these 2 accounts. I needed to use 2 accounts, as it's not possible to back more than one unique reward tier, that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project happens to have.

Thank you for your time and help :)
James.

James Brown has received 2 thanks from: johnvivant, R3N
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:51 am

We've hit $5.2 million.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Nicolaoua » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm

I would say that if we reach 5.3 by the end of the day, breaking the record during the last 24 hours could be done.
Nicolaoua
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Plants vs Zombies

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:10 pm

its difficult to predict that final day. hopefully its a bang. it would be great to sail past bloodstain fairly early then have time to aim for the 6 million. [-o<

i imagine its going to be super active on here and twitter tomorrow. it should be fun.

cedric just retweeted shengoro's suggestion that during the stream tomorrow yu suzuki should play some shenmue. that will be interesting to watch.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III