Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm sure most people are aware of this by now, but just in case some aren't I'd like to make something clear about watching the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
It's not over until the counter reaches 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Don't get hyped or make any assumptions before this. Sadly troll pledges seem to be a big thing across many Kickstarter campaigns nowadays and we've already seen people do it to Shenmue.
I expect to lose 10 - 15k in the last couple of minutes (unless the final rush is so frantic that we're getting at least a thousand every few seconds) and if we are only just over the Bloodstained record (which to be fair, we might not even hit at all), it may push us back down.

Again, this might seem obvious to some, but how many times did we celebrate reaching 5m?

It isn't over until Yu Suzuki sings.

Jibby has received 3 thanks from: Mr357, NeoShredder, ShenmueTree
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Agreed, and you actually just made me realize that the KS will end at 4AM here.... i obviously can't stay up for it, but how the hell will i be able to fall asleep tomorrow night? :-k

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Jibby
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Agreed, and you actually just made me realize that the KS will end at 4AM here.... i obviously can't stay up for it, but how the hell will i be able to fall asleep tomorrow night? :-k

Haha, what a paradox!
If you can't fall asleep, may as well stay up :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jibby on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mystere » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:50 pm

I'd love Shenmue III to beat Bloodstained but whatever happens (trolls etc), we've got sufficient collateral now to be safely over $5M. Anything else is a bonus.

Mystere has received a thanks from: punkmanced
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Hopefully anything we lose to bastard trolls we get back from legit pledges in the final hours.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby punkmanced » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Mystere wrote: I'd love Shenmue III to beat Bloodstained but whatever happens (trolls etc), we've got sufficient collateral now to be safely over $5M. Anything else is a bonus.

Agreed....but man....I can't stop thinking about the added investor $$$ that comes with beating Bloodstained :!:
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Did Bloodstained get investors?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Havel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:01 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Did Bloodstained get investors?

Last edited by Havel on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Havel
Banned
Banned

Postby DOS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Dear God,

I don't speak to you much these days but please, please, punish those evil, fat, ugly, trolls on the Kickstarter. I don't know do something man, send lightning bolts, raging fires, just cut out their internet access before they can withdraw their pledges. If not for me, do it for the Dojo and Shenmue 3!

Amen [-o<

DOS has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, Sonne2
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:06 pm

DOS wrote: Dear God,

I don't speak to you much these days but please, please, punish those evil, fat, ugly, trolls on the Kickstarter. I don't know do something man, send lightning bolts, raging fires, just cut out their internet access before they can withdraw their pledges. If not for me, do it for the Dojo and Shenmue 3!

Amen [-o<

Haha, I'd love if their internet just cut out before they could withdraw. They'd probably act like they had a right to get their money back and demand that Kickstarter refund them.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:07 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Did Bloodstained get investors?

Yes. 90% of the development costs were footed by investors.

The Kickstarter page for Bloodstained says that you’ve already managed to procure partial funding for the game, and that Kickstarter funds will be used to elevate the game’s budget and manufacture backer rewards. Where did the initial funding come from?

After over a year of talking with just about every publisher and having them pass, we finally secured investment to cover 90% of the game, but it was conditional: We had to prove there was a market for another game like this. Now that we’ve cleared so many stretch goals we’ll be able to make a game with much more content than the one I’d hoped to make.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/10/ko ... dy-miriam/

Since it was conditional, if Shenmue 3 breaks the world record and surpasses Bloodstained, perhaps we'll see more investors willing to put money into S3.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: punkmanced, Sonne2
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SickOctopus » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 pm

In addition to troll pledges, I'm also becoming increasingly nervous at the prospect of my own pledge being declined! There's no reason why it should be, other than for the fact that my bank has a tendency sometimes to "protect" me when I don't need it to! I phoned them earlier today to notify them that a large payment to a foreign company will be coming from my account and the representative told me that they can't put any measures in place and more or less said if it's declined, it's declined!

Just keeping my fingers crossed and nervously hoping my pledge goes through!
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm

SickOctopus wrote: In addition to troll pledges, I'm also becoming increasingly nervous at the prospect of my own pledge being declined! There's no reason why it should be, other than for the fact that my bank has a tendency sometimes to "protect" me when I don't need it to! I phoned them earlier today to notify them that a large payment to a foreign company will be coming from my account and the representative told me that they can't put any measures in place and more or less said if it's declined, it's declined!

Just keeping my fingers crossed and nervously hoping my pledge goes through!

From what I understand, Kickstarter will try at various points for an entire week to withdraw the money from your bank if it's not successful the first time.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
From what I understand, Kickstarter will try at various points for an entire week to withdraw the money from your bank if it's not successful the first time.

yeah, if your bank declines it, kickstarter will request you to confirm your bank details and they will try to take it again. at least thats what i read.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Kickstarter check for a 5th of the amount you pledge upon making it. That's it until the campaign ends and you have to pay.

Pledges made within 24 hours of the deadline cannot be cancelled, and contact has to be made with the developer to do so.

Peter has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Next

Return to Shenmue III