Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:37 am

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
Chaikilla wrote: Last 10 seconds of the kickstarter, Sony donates $40M. Calling it now...

Obviously they won't drop $40M. But I could see them match our funds with $5.5M.

This is what ive been secretly hoping for all along, but 5-6 million is no chump change and Sony would have to really be looking at Shenmue as an investment for future exclusives at that point too. Hope it happens..anything could happen at this point.. It's Shenmue freakin 3.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Chaikilla » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:49 am

Lmfao I'm just messing when I say sony will donate $40M but I do think they'll contribute a hefty chunk privately. Imagine the meltdown this site would have if they did go public and dropped 5/6 mil on the project in the final few minutes, though. That would be the icing on the cake.

I seriously did have a dream about Sony donating $40M though, so who knows? Maybe I'm a prophet.

Chaikilla has received 2 thanks from: punkmanced, Supa
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:50 am

If Sony do decide to put anything towards development costs it won't be through the Kickstarter.

But, we've been given our answer regarding this already. Maybe they'll be nice though and throw some extra funding in some point down the line.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: punkmanced
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:54 am

Perhaps not Sony, but an independent investor should match the KS funds to bring us to around 12 million. It's an opportunity for anyone to do a good thing and potentially make some money.

Didn't Bloodstained get major investment after the KS ended?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 am

Why do people keep bringing up Sony giving money for development when we established a month ago they are NOT doing that?

Anyways, I expect independent investors to take notice and help us get to 11 million.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 am

Peter wrote: Perhaps not Sony, but an independent investor should match the KS funds to bring us to around 12 million. It's an opportunity for anyone to do a good thing and potentially make some money.

Didn't Bloodstained get major investment after the KS ended?

Bloodstained met 90% of its funding before the KS even happened.
Makes me think that Shenmue 3 may already have a few million secured in funds too.
The fact it's outrun Bloodstained by a fair gap already should encourage more investors to put their money in the pot.

Himuro wrote: Why do people keep bringing up Sony giving money for development when we established a month ago they are NOT doing that?

Anyways, I expect independent investors to take notice and help us get to 11 million.

Well, I clearly stated in my post that we'd already been told about the Sony situation.

However, that's not to rule out a possible fund drop some point in the future. This is an investment for Sony since it's coming out on their console, I'm sure they'll want to see it done as best it can be.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 am

So amazing so happy to wake up to this. Might do a third account for another hard copy. I'm seriously expecting a large donation in the final hour. I'll be watching Twitch tonight in my boxers eating Chipotle seeing this to its end.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:08 am

Himuro wrote: Why do people keep bringing up Sony giving money for development when we established a month ago they are NOT doing that?

They showed from the beginning that their position was hesitating about the publishing, why not the development ?

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: punkmanced
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:17 am

Wow I went to bed 3 hours ago and it's gone up by over $200,000! Awesome to wake up and see it's the most funded game ever on KS. But we really need to hit that 6 mil. Great job everyone!! Keep it up!!!
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 am

I don't think Sony will contribute to development and chuck in millions at the end. But breaking multiple kickstarter records is going to get their attention and when Yu Suzuki wants to make Shenmue IV he probably won't even need Kickstarter because Sony will jump in then.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:24 am

ConanTheKing wrote: I don't think Sony will contribute to development and chuck in millions at the end. But breaking multiple kickstarter records is going to get their attention and when Yu Suzuki wants to make Shenmue IV he probably won't even need Kickstarter because Sony will jump in then.

Still depends on sales of game. Veronica Mars raised $5.7 million on Kickstarter, grossed only $3.5 million at international box office which is like $1.5 million after paying out to cinemas (though tbf it had a VOD release as well).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Birty » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:46 am

I'm still at work but what an absolutely fantastic day to be a Shenmue fan. I am truly honoured! =D>

Birty has received a thanks from: Supa
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:47 am

Well i did my part in last day promotion: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-p ... 4/72181005

If someone has a gamefaqs account please help me getting that thread sporadically bumped, as i'm quite busy today, cheers.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Chaikilla » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 am

This is a silly thought but I wonder if there's a Shenmue-obsessed couple out there who got married during the Kickstarter and instructed those invited to their wedding to donate to the Kickstarter instead of buying them a gift...

Chaikilla has received a thanks from: Supa
Chaikilla

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:03 am

頑張ってください !

We're almost there guys, let's do this! Upped my pledge by another $30. Let's get to 6 million! Advanced FREE Battle system get!

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Supa
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III