Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:46 pm

flip wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: You know what this means, guys? It's going to happen. We're GOING to get the Shenmue game we've dreamed of for more than a decade. I'm overwhelmed with joy and relief right now. Every month on the 3rd, sign me up for a donation! Whatever I can spare! I don't need any rewards. Just the promise of a great Shenmue game.

Donations are charity. Otherwise it's not a donation - it's a purchase. I don't need anything in return but the game. Had they asked us to, I would have given up my reward on Kickstarter honestly, but it seems they took all that into account when planning the budget.

Did Yu specifically say "donation"? I was hoping to buy some digital copies for my friends.

No not at all. He didn't characterize what the PayPal system will be like at all, only that it was coming. I was just responding to those bothered by the very notion of donating for donating's sake. :) Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome if there were rewards, and there may be. (I honestly expect there will be.) But I don't need them personally.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby flip » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:
flip wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: You know what this means, guys? It's going to happen. We're GOING to get the Shenmue game we've dreamed of for more than a decade. I'm overwhelmed with joy and relief right now. Every month on the 3rd, sign me up for a donation! Whatever I can spare! I don't need any rewards. Just the promise of a great Shenmue game.

Donations are charity. Otherwise it's not a donation - it's a purchase. I don't need anything in return but the game. Had they asked us to, I would have given up my reward on Kickstarter honestly, but it seems they took all that into account when planning the budget.

Did Yu specifically say "donation"? I was hoping to buy some digital copies for my friends.

No not at all. He didn't characterize what the PayPal system will be like at all, only that it was coming. I was just responding to those bothered by the very notion of donating for donating's sake. :) Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome if there were rewards, and there may be. (I honestly expect there will be.) But I don't need them personally.

Same here, i would be completely fine with donating more either way. I just hope that we get some more clarification soon.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:57 pm

I don't know why people get all uppity about donations -- you don't have to donate anything ever. It just allows those who are willing (and wanting) to donate the ability to do so.

Regardless, I didn't donate to Kickstarter. I bought copies of the game and cool as fuck limited edition junk. These rewards would likely extend to the Paypal options.

Thief has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Peter wrote:
JaySw34 wrote:A fourth dinner perhaps?

Why a 4th? There is still 1 Monaco space to go.

Yes there is, but I'm sure with more time that space will fill. And I bet he can easily sell 3 more spots to an additional dinner to raise funding. Maybe even in my hometown of Worcester, Massachusetts. :lol:
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby flip » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:00 am

So what's the story with the jacket? I heard that somebody backed out of it with like 10 seconds to go.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby YAZUKI PS4 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:31 am

Great news for me i pre ordered shenmue 3 physical copy on paypal soon :mrgreen: :king:
YAZUKI PS4
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: PS4

Postby DOS » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:31 am

Bloodstained's PayPal page offers rewards problem is you can't see how much has been donated. :cry:
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:26 am

Yeah, we should lobby Ys Net and AJ to add a counter once they implement PayPal. It can be done. If nothing else, they should issue periodic reports on the progress of funding like Star Citizen.

Anonymous81 has received 2 thanks from: DOS, Hyo Razuki
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:43 am

We just need another $4,666,704 to make our 11 million come true and reach all the stretch goals. I think we can easily do it over the next two years. I personally will be contributing between $30 and $50 per month, depending on how much I can spare that month and also the exchange rate. I figured, other people have expensive mobile phones to pay off or subscribe to magazines which cost them that kind of money each month. I've terminated my mobile phone contract. Gonna use an old phone for the next two years but it's more than worth it for Shenmue.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: yuc02
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby yuc02 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 am

Well in some ways it's good that they're not introducing Paypal too soon, I've completely overstretched my finances pledging in the KS and probably will need a whole year to recover from that :cry:

Would still like to become a patron to dedicate to my deceased grandmother, so hopefully the rewards will remain with Paypal donations...
yuc02
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 am

yugo wrote: With 6.3 in one month anything is possible within 2 years of on-going PayPal support, Shenmue fans always give it their all.

They won't leave Paypal open for 2 years. Usually games leave a late backer option open for a limited time. They need to know what amount of money they're working with. They can't suddenly start to decide expanding the game in two years time because a new stretch goal is met.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Nicolaoua
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:45 am

https://youtu.be/eSwfJ437IQc

If you want to see the second part of the twitch stream! (PayPal confirmed after countdown)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby alexironaek » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:05 am

of course we are going to reach 11m with paypal! i hope they will give the same rewards as kickstarter to the fans that are going to support via paypal like me. i still cannot believe shenmue 3 i being made! i feel like the day when shenmue 3 was announced! \:D/ \:D/
alexironaek

Postby alexironaek » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:13 am

really? i did not know that , well bloodstained gave the same rewards up to the 500$ pledges so i hope Ys NET does the same. :mrgreen: . today is another shenmue day! 8)
alexironaek

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 am

yugo wrote:
alexironaek wrote: of course we are going to reach 11m with paypal! i hope they will give the same rewards as kickstarter to the fans that are going to support via paypal like me. i still cannot believe shenmue 3 i being made! i feel like the day when shenmue 3 was announced! \:D/ \:D/

I doubt that rewards would be given because there has to be a limit and rewards are being issued by Kickstarter, not Ys NET individually however I hope that they do consider giving rewards. We all feel like crying with joy at this point.

Of course rewards will be offered. They won't offer all the Kickstarter tiers, but you can definitely expect a lot of the more basic ones.

Just look at any other Kickstarter game. It's standard practice. They're not just going to open Paypal and expect people to donate out of the kindness of their hearts (I know many of us here will, but...)
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III