Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:07 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I won't be surprised if they've been courted. Red Ash was saved from a certain death by a publisher and it didn't even get halfway to its goal.

Interesting. Thanks, I didn't know that. I was keeping an eye on the Red Ash Kickstarter, but it didn't seem to be doing too well. I was thinking of pledging, but decided not to, as Megaman Legends was never my thing.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:46 am

I just hope this whole Paypal thing is not gonna slow down Yu and his team. It shouldn't keep them from working on development. Seems they have a lot of "red tape" to sort out before the Paypal can start. Fine by me. I'll be visiting shenmue.link and the Kickstarter page every couple of days to make sure I don't miss anything.

If Paypal is not gonna happen for some reason it would be a shame but I still think Yu can make a good Shenmue game from the money we already got.

In any case we need to get used to not hearing that much about Shenmue again. There will be an occasional update for the backers but it's not gonna be on a weekly basis or something, so we better get used to "await whilst praying" for the next 2 or 3 years.

Right now all we can do is wait. For Paypal, for any kind of information about the development progress, for the game to come out. We're back to waiting again. That's that. But still, 3 years sounds a lot better than 14 to me. :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby fittersau » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 am

Reprise wrote:Interesting. Thanks, I didn't know that. I was keeping an eye on the Red Ash Kickstarter, but it didn't seem to be doing too well. I was thinking of pledging, but decided not to, as Megaman Legends was never my thing.

I think for me and perhaps many other is, why is Comcept, Inafune's company doing "yet another Megaman Spinoff" when they haven't yet delivered on Mighty Number 9.

That'd be like Ys Net starting another Kickstarter for Shenmue 4 when Shenmue 3 is only 1 year on development.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 am

fittersau wrote:
Reprise wrote:Interesting. Thanks, I didn't know that. I was keeping an eye on the Red Ash Kickstarter, but it didn't seem to be doing too well. I was thinking of pledging, but decided not to, as Megaman Legends was never my thing.

I think for me and perhaps many other is, why is Comcept, Inafune's company doing "yet another Megaman Spinoff" when they haven't yet delivered on Mighty Number 9.

That'd be like Ys Net starting another Kickstarter for Shenmue 4 when Shenmue 3 is only 1 year on development.

Yep. I thought the same. It seemed pretty dodgy. Plus, although I did pre-order it, Mighty No 9 looks like it might not be particularly that good... I bet they wanted to do this second kickstarter before MN9 was released in fear the reviews might be less than stellar.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:38 am

Reprise wrote:
fittersau wrote:

Yep. I thought the same. It seemed pretty dodgy. Plus, although I did pre-order it, Mighty No 9 looks like it might not be particularly that good... I bet they wanted to do this second kickstarter before MN9 was released in fear the reviews might be less than stellar.

I'm hearing a lot of negativity about MN9, what are people's main complaints about it? I haven't seen much beyond some footage, looks like a 2.5D Megaman clone, isn't that all it was supposed to be?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Amir wrote:
Reprise wrote:
fittersau wrote:

I'm hearing a lot of negativity about MN9, what are people's main complaints about it? I haven't seen much beyond some footage, looks like a 2.5D Megaman clone, isn't that all it was supposed to be?

I guess people were expecting a true successor to the series (minus the name) in terms of quality and appearance. The fact it looks like a Megaman CLONE is probably the problem for a lot of people.

It does look a little mediocre to me and there's no denying the art direction/graphics look bland/poor when compared to the original concepts they showed. Still, it's not enough for me to cancel my pre-order. The game could still be good, whether it lives up to fans and backers' expectations or not.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:07 am

According Shenmue Master, Paypal should be available at September at the earliest. More details coming soon.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Amir
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Reprise » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Yokosuka wrote: According Shenmue Master, Paypal should be available at September at the earliest. More details coming soon.

What's their source?
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Reprise wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: According Shenmue Master, Paypal should be available at September at the earliest. More details coming soon.

What's their source?

I dunno but the news has been deleted.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 am

At this point i have to believe some other investor stepped in so they aren't in a hurry to open paypal, no?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:43 am

Apparently Yu wants to take his time in order to not repeat the same mistakes as the kickstarter but it's all about rumors.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Cédric Biscay :
Because of summer vacations, communication is slow, but of course we are working on the game ;) More concrete news in september !

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 3034731521

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: rome
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby rome » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Cédric Biscay :
Because of summer vacations, communication is slow, but of course we are working on the game ;) More concrete news in september !

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 3034731521

Early September I hope.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby mrandyk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Only 28 more months until the (potentially delayed) release of Shenmue 3!
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:58 am

Patience is a virtue. :)

And Shenmue has been its teacher for 14 long years. Time will pass more quickly than we think. Just as we couldn't believe it when it was announced, yet now the Kickstarter is already long since over (see how time flies?) in the blink of an eye we'll all be playing Shenmue 3.

That said... a watched pot never boils. Backers will get email updates. Follow the relevant parties on Twitter. Take part in #SaveShenmueHD every 3rd of the month. Beyond that, they'll let us know when there's something to know. In the meantime, I suggest pursuing other passions to make the time flow faster.

I have been, and it helps a great deal. (I still watch here and the KS comments like a hawk, though.) ;)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III