Money just been collected!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Money just been collected!

Postby joka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Peter wrote:Mines went down as 2 transactions. But forget that, I just looked at the fees I got hit with for a "non-sterling transaction" and I guess I really am eating bread and water from now on.

I used my Halifax clarity credit card to minimise those fees...

Took couple of days to actually show on my account so maybe that's why it went through as one transaction.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Mine got declined. Since there is a paypal option, I rather give them money that way than run into "fees" and having to purchase a new card just for this.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Well they'll be conversion fees somewhere along the line if your account is in another currency, even with PayPal I'm guessing
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:39 pm

I pledged and just looked at my bank statement. The donations have disappeared from my bank statement. Does this mean my bank declined the pledges?
Glorious_Basterd
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby zaneiken » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 pm

I pledged $510 and $80. The $80 pledge is still showing as pending on my credit card statement (reference KICKSTARTER SHENMUE 3), but there's some shenanigans going on with my $510 pledge - I've seemingly been charged twice.
One charge is from July 18th (with the reference KICKSTARTER SHENMUE 3) and that has cleared. There is another $510 charge on July 19th (with the reference ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSED BY STRIPE.COM) that is still pending.
The bastards are double-dipping and I've had to contact my bank to get it sorted out. :mad:
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:37 am

They collected the money from my credit card today. I was getting a bit nervous as it took them until now. It's been a couple of days since they sent out the mail but I don't think there was a reason to worry. With almost 70k pledges to process it's natural that it will take it's time.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sh3ppy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:58 am

zaneiken wrote: I pledged $510 and $80. The $80 pledge is still showing as pending on my credit card statement (reference KICKSTARTER SHENMUE 3), but there's some shenanigans going on with my $510 pledge - I've seemingly been charged twice.
One charge is from July 18th (with the reference KICKSTARTER SHENMUE 3) and that has cleared. There is another $510 charge on July 19th (with the reference ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSED BY STRIPE.COM) that is still pending.
The bastards are double-dipping and I've had to contact my bank to get it sorted out. :mad:

You might find that the pending payment won't actually clear & be credited back to your account within the month. Sometimes cards 'ring fence' the amount pledged to make sure it's there & then charge you separately. It's a bit silly I know, but it has happened to me on numerous occasions. Apologies if I'm totally wrong.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 am

They took my money... right in front of me... I will.. enjoy Shenmue 3.

That exchange rate on Yen to Dollars hurt alot though.. owch.

Axm has received a thanks from: Monkei
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:52 am

Glorious_Basterd wrote: I pledged and just looked at my bank statement. The donations have disappeared from my bank statement. Does this mean my bank declined the pledges?

Nvm, they officially collected the money today. :D
Glorious_Basterd

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am

joka wrote:
James Brown wrote:Anyone that pledged on 2 accounts checked there bank account info to find Kickstarter took it all out as 1 payment? I was expecting a big payment, and a small payment seperately, but I just had 1 even bigger payment instead. Both of my Kickstarter accounts have confirmed that the money has been collected for both pledges, so I should be good, but just weird :P

Yup mines just showing as 1 charge for both accounts.

Now my bank is now showing the 2 seperate charges, which I good to see now, and so that first big one they took out wasn't combined in the end - but I didn't lose anymore money, so the second must have gone through but just took an extra day to show.

James Brown has received a thanks from: joka
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:00 am

I'd be interested to find out just how much money was declined.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby joka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:26 am

James Brown wrote:
joka wrote:
James Brown wrote:Anyone that pledged on 2 accounts checked there bank account info to find Kickstarter took it all out as 1 payment? I was expecting a big payment, and a small payment seperately, but I just had 1 even bigger payment instead. Both of my Kickstarter accounts have confirmed that the money has been collected for both pledges, so I should be good, but just weird :P

Yup mines just showing as 1 charge for both accounts.

Now my bank is now showing the 2 seperate charges, which I good to see now, and so that first big one they took out wasn't combined in the end - but I didn't lose anymore money, so the second must have gone through but just took an extra day to show.

Thanks James- yea I just checked again and it's now 2 transactions for me also.

joka has received a thanks from: James Brown
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby zaneiken » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Sh3ppy wrote:You might find that the pending payment won't actually clear & be credited back to your account within the month. Sometimes cards 'ring fence' the amount pledged to make sure it's there & then charge you separately. It's a bit silly I know, but it has happened to me on numerous occasions. Apologies if I'm totally wrong.

My balance definitely reflected that second pending charge, which put me into the red. That's why I had to contact the bank.
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:38 pm

For anyone having questions about the KS payment, Joel Tess from AJ shot me a message:

Hello,

According to KS, there is a two week window after the project is funded for pledges to be collected and processed.

As long as the payment is pending and not declined, it should be ok, depending of course if your financial grants the transaction within this time period.

Thanks again for all of your extra effort! Will keep the fingers crossed for you!

Joel

Though KS itself gave me only a week window from their initial declined payment message, I guess Ysnet is willing to give a time extension to anyone who needs it (specially those who pledged big bucks or had multiple accounts).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Cool.

Am I the only one slightly annoyed by the lazy fucks who are like "Oh gee, my payment says it's declined, guess I'll just wait until Paypal is allowed"?

Yeah, or you could just get off your arse and phone your bank and sort it out! Or try another account.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Axm
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III