Share your Thoughts on this Past Month

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Share your Thoughts on this Past Month

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Wow guys, what an insane and unexpected journey this has been. All of a sudden we are all thrown into a situation where we have to come up with cash we had no idea we would be spending shortly over a month ago. And look at what we have achieved in that time? With no prior knowledge that this kick starter would be happening, we have managed to put 6.3 million dollars on the table from each and every one of us collective effort! Im just blown away.

My inner Shenmue fan is just burning with excitement and joy and satisfaction and relief and closure and it just feels like after years and years of speculation it can be put to rest and history been made in the process! I am just happy with the way everything has gone, we got the paypal option everyone was wanting, its like everything has gone as well as it possibly could have, and the drama and hate couldnt even stop it from breaking records. Everyone knows about shenmue now, and has to respect it.

The feelings over this past month were deep and meaningful, I always just felt so optimistic about it, and I just let myself sink back into this community and watched the streams and spent time with you guys again and it just really brought back many feelings from this community that I havent felt in a decade. Like holy shit, we are actually talking about Shenmue again, we have new information to discuss on a daily basis. All of our lives here got flipped upside down in the past month, and some how its been a great great thing in my eyes, but I am still looking forward to being able to relax and start the waiting process for Shenmue 3.

To everyone here Thank You and Cheers! :beerchug:

AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Share your Thoughts on this Past Month

Postby PILMAN » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:00 pm

I honestly had no idea it had been announced at the time, I was at work and people were watching the live stream of E3. I was on facebook at the time on my iPad and saw a post from one of my friends that Shenmue III had been announced. I figured that was impossible and ended up pulling up the youtube video of the announcement and nearly went crazy that my childhood game I had waited for was finally being announced.

I started playing Shenmue in 2002 but knew about it as early as 2001, it kept me sane during hard times and problems when i was younger and was one of the only games I had played over and over again. Every year I was waiting for E3 for Shenmue III to be announced and was ready to throw in the towel, so the news was disbelief and pretty much knew whatever funds I could throw at the game, I needed to do so. The month has been crazy and I've obsessively watched as the funds increased and the excitement this was really happening.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Amir » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Longest pleasant dream I've ever had.

Please don't wake me up.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:45 am

Yeah, I think it hasn't still sunked in.

But WOW what a ride, I think this will be a %5 on every smile I'll have from now on.

I still get chills just remembering it. It's like having a thorn since 14 years and being magically removed.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby SquallAdv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:47 am

Still feels like unreal to me, our dreams have come true, Shenmue III is finally happening, but when you thought about it, only a few months back all of this would've been impossible to even imagine, so now that KS is over (with PayPal announcement, we & Yu can still create the best game ever) and all I'm really starting to accept what just happened on this past month.

Today I watched this video (again), and I just started to cry, couldn't control myself, now I know it's finally real, we did it: SHENMUE III is coming!!! :D

phpBB [video]
Last edited by SquallAdv on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
SquallAdv
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: CharlesLord
Steam: SquallAdv

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 am

That video is sooooo great. Shenmue really is a masterpiece and I can't wait to experience the next chapter of the story. =D>
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:20 am

A crazy amount of weight has been lifted off my shoulders since the announcement at E3.

Like many of you, Shenmue is very important to me on a personal level. Not only did it create and pioneer a lot of techniques in the industry today which so many take for granted, but it helped me through an incredibly tough time in the earlier stages of my life. It was like an anti-depressant that actually worked.

To say I was often miserable during the last 14 years due to the complete lack of news on my favorite franchise would be an understatement.

What's spooky is that in the last 10 years I never watched a single E3 stream. I had this kind of gut feeling something might be announced at this years E3 so for the first time I stayed up during the course of the night to watch Sony's conference. Throughout, I was almost a nervous wreck hoping to see something. When the Kickstarter screen flashed up followed by the music we all know and love, it felt like a bolt of lightning had just surged through me from head to toe.

It wasn't until the end of the Kickstarter, however, when it actually started to hit home that we were finally getting a continuation to our beloved franchise.

This has been one crazy month and even though we've waited 14 years, the next two will in many ways be a lot easier. Even though it's so far away, we know we'll be getting a third installment and with that, I can manage much better than I have the last decade and more.

#ShenmueSaved
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:51 am

I'm the only one that still loves the SIIx trailer ?? (I remember it came in a disc with my xbox that I bought to play again Shenmue).

phpBB [video]

That shit has more narrative development than 90% ¡? of all games today.

phpBB [video]

I've seen that video no less than 100 times.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

(kinda pissed off the didn't see her in that music and was that arm thing)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby PILMAN » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:05 am

Searching through some of my old posts the past 11, almost 12 years, I noticed that I obsessively posted every year about wanting Shenmue 3 to come out, i'm actually quite embarrassed of my spelling errors and immaturity at the time.

Regardless, it did bring up memories how much of a loyal fan I have been throughout the years as well as other dojo members.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Drakul » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:59 am

A huge rollercoaster.
From the incredulity and thrill of the E3 announcement, to the pride and happiness of seeing it reach 2M in 24 hours, to the fear of seeing it drops drastically in pledges and the original Twitch fiasco, fearing that it wouldn't reach enough money,to the joy of seeing a physica PS4 version, to the annoyance of the daily updates and constant complaining that took part of the fun out of the whole thing, to the elation of the rush of the last 2 days and seeing the pledges soar and beat Bloodstained and pass 6M and becoming the most funded video game ever by a fair margin and to finally have my money collected, sit back and realize that it is happening and with paypal it'll be a fully fledged Shenmue for sure..... to waiting and waiting to get our hands on the damn thing!!
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:08 am

shredingskin wrote: I'm the only one that still loves the SIIx trailer ?? (I remember it came in a disc with my xbox that I bought to play again Shenmue).

I found out this trailer only some weeks ago. I try to see it like if I was a xbox JSFR/Sega GT 2000 pack buyer and didn't know Shenmue, and I love it.

I watch repeatedly the japanese trailer as well. There are also these three classics :

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:14 pm

This one of the things that I will remember for the rest of my life. I actually consider this one of the big things in life. The kind of thing I will tell my grandchildren about.

When I think about this summer, I think about tears shooting into my eyes when I saw Yu Suzuki walk on stage at E3 with the Shenmue 3 logo in the background.

I think about my girlfriend's little niece and me jumping around my girlfriend's appartement in joy after seeing the Shenmue 3 announcement video. She doesn't have the slightest idea what Shenmue is. She is 8 years old. I think she was just swept along by my emotions.

I think about Michael Huber's epic reaction.

I think about me scraping together a lot more money than was actually healthy, given my circumstances, and throwing it at the Kickstarter.

I think about all the passion and all the activities of the Shenmue community to promote the KS.

I think about that one night of the Shenmue 3's Kickstarter's final countdown live stream with emotional Yu Suzuki and Hiroaki Takeuchi watching the campaign blaze way past 6 million Dollars. I was sitting in front of the computer in the sweltering summer heat of the night, through the early morning hours in my time zone during a massive thunderstorm with hailstones hammering on the windows, drinking too much of that super-expensive bottle of Japanese whiskey which I had only ever drunk of on very special occasions. That night definitely was such an occasion. I then went to bed at around 4 am but due to my exitement couldn't sleep longer than about 4 hours. So at about 8 am, Saturday morning, I got up with my girlfriend still sleeping, trying not to wake her and then went into the living room where I had a cup of coffee by myself, staring into nowhere in disbelief, trying to get a grasp of the incredible events of the previous four weeks.

I still haven't quite realized what we have achieved. I think it's gonna take a couple more weeks.

Thanks to all of you for making this happen! :heart:
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:57 pm

I feel like I can't even express enough how incredible the month was, like I can't find enough words for it. It will sure as hell stick with me forever, that summer 2015. That number already held such a significance for me and now it really is. And looking back at what I tweeted in january I feel really pleased.

https://twitter.com/BluMue/status/551443249852727296
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Wow, feels surreal to read that tweet.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mikec_ct » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:44 pm

It has been absolutely unreal. I haven't been a regular here for nearly a decade, but I used to spend a ton of time on the Dojo, commiserating with some of you (and others who are long gone) about the fate of the series. It is incredible that this is finally happening -- even though I haven't been posting, I have been reading threads on the Dojo probably every day since the announcement.

Back in the 01-05 era of the Dojo, as I was obsessively posting here, I went from goofy high school student to goofy college student, and since then I've grown into a goofy husband and 9-5er. All along Shenmue has been on my mind at some level, and I'd never go more than a few weeks without googling rumors about a sequel. Like many of you, it is difficult to express in words what this actually means to me. It feels like the old days, browsing the Dojo and reading speculations about what Yu has in store for us.

mikec_ct has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III