LEGO Ideas - SEGA Classic Arcade Machines & Yu Suzuki

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

LEGO Ideas - SEGA Classic Arcade Machines & Yu Suzuki

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:31 am

Some of the most renowned Sega arcade machines (as well as legendary developer Yu Suzuki) are on their way to being immortalized - in the world of LEGO!

LEGO Ideas allows you to vote on fan ideas for new LEGO sets.

The 'Classic SEGA Arcade Machines' project needs 10,000 supporters in order for The Lego Group to evaluate it and decide whether or not to make it into a real set; the amount of supporters currently sits at 4,309 with 411 days left...

'Build miniature representations of classic Sega arcade games out of Lego bricks! These minifigure-scaled replicas will look good displayed on your desk at work or home and are perfect for use in your Lego City! The three included minifigures look great at the controls of these detailed builds.'

The machines include: Space Harrier, Outrun & Thunderblade.
The figures include: Yu Suzuki, Female Sega Fan, Male Sega Fan

For more images/information and to support the proposal, please visit the following website: Lego Ideas: SEGA Classic Arcade Machines

Links & Hashtags: #Shenmue3
Lego Ideas: SEGA Classic Arcade Machines | Official Shenmue 3 Website | News Archive

Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: LEGO Ideas - SEGA Classic Arcade Machines & Yu Suzuki

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:55 am

Supported!
That was free and easy to do. :) I hope everyone here goes to the page and supports it too. They look like awesome lego's.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Sonoshee, spacysmoke
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby redline » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 am

redline has received 2 thanks from: Sonoshee, spacysmoke
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:01 am

I just noticed that's a Ryo Hazuki lego piece sitting in that Outrun seat.... Must. Have.
What's up with that? It doesnt exist already does it? This is just a prototype? They need to make him. It's only proper.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am

Axm wrote: I just noticed that's a Ryo Hazuki lego piece sitting in that Outrun seat.... Must. Have.
What's up with that? It doesnt exist already does it? This is just a prototype? They need to make him. It's only proper.

Lego Ryo doesn't exist unfortunately - that will be a prototype like Yu. It does seem strange to omit him, but people have been commenting on the Lego Ideas page saying he should be added.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby amiga1200 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:24 am

thought i'd seen everything, just shit my pants! :shock:
fun stuff. :mrgreen: (those dinky arcades, too cute. i wonder if they'll be a LEGO-shenmue down the line? not exactly a stretch of the imagination given how many LEGO character games there's about.)

amiga1200 has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby James Brown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:41 am

This looks incredible, i've just added my support. I think that figure, although the clothing is extremely similar to Ryo's I think that's actually the Yu Suzuki figure :D

James Brown has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby redline » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 am

Axm wrote: I just noticed that's a Ryo Hazuki lego piece sitting in that Outrun seat.... Must. Have.

sounds like they are one off, custom fan made pieces. (lego qte title & ryo :heart: =P~ )

some info here -

lego website wrote:Other Possibilities:

I originally intended to build the Hang-On and After Burner deluxe cabinets as well, but they were proving difficult. I would like to see the Lego designers take a stab at including those as well if this projects reaches full support. If I am able to build something I'm happy with, I'll post it in an update.
I was thinking it'd be cool to include a Ryo Hazuki minifigure. Ryo Hazuki is the main character from the Shenmue videogame series which is set in the 80's. Many of these video games appear in the game and are playable. A Ryo Hazuki minifig would be flesh colored.
Last edited by redline on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redline has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 am

James Brown wrote: This looks incredible, i've just added my support. I think that figure, although the clothing is extremely similar to Ryo's I think that's actually the Yu Suzuki figure :D

It's Ryo - look at the back of the figures jacket ;-)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 am

Sonoshee wrote:
James Brown wrote: This looks incredible, i've just added my support. I think that figure, although the clothing is extremely similar to Ryo's I think that's actually the Yu Suzuki figure :D

It's Ryo - look at the back of the figures jacket ;-)

Kind of, but still doesn't look like a tiger to me. It's a browner jacket than the one Yu is wearing so I guess it could be a Ryo then.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 am

"This is cool!"
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:45 am

This is the same system that saw the Lego Ghostbusters Ecto-1 made! It sits on my desk still.

But now... Shenmue Lego's?!?! Now I've seen everything!

Sonikku has received a thanks from: James Brown
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby spacysmoke » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Howdy all, I'm the guy that made these models and submitted the project to Lego Ideas. Thanks for your support! I was actually going to post about it here a couple of days ago but ended up not doing it for whatever reason.

That figure sitting in the cabinets is supposed to be Ryo, but it is made with existing Lego pieces, so the printing on the jacket isn't accurate at all (it's some other Lego character's torso and the closest one I had that looked kind of like Ryo's jacket). I did start to work on custom decals for Ryo's jacket but never finished it.
When I submitted the project, I had no way of knowing that Shenmue 3 would actually happen, so I thought a Ryo minifigure would be a long shot and thus focused on Yu and the generic Sega fans instead. However, the success of the Shenmue 3 kickstarter is a compelling argument on why it should be included if the project passes review.

In case you were wondering, I haven't made any of the other cabinets yet. I actually just moved so all of my Lego is packed up in moving boxes and I'm not sure when I'll be able to did it out.

If you all have any questions about the project feel free to ask here or on the project page's comments section!

spacysmoke has received 4 thanks from: James Brown, Sonikku, Sonoshee, Wude-Tang Clan
spacysmoke
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: spacysmoke
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Supported! I'd buy them.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby James Brown » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 am

spacysmoke wrote: Howdy all, I'm the guy that made these models and submitted the project to Lego Ideas. Thanks for your support! I was actually going to post about it here a couple of days ago but ended up not doing it for whatever reason.

That figure sitting in the cabinets is supposed to be Ryo, but it is made with existing Lego pieces, so the printing on the jacket isn't accurate at all (it's some other Lego character's torso and the closest one I had that looked kind of like Ryo's jacket). I did start to work on custom decals for Ryo's jacket but never finished it.
When I submitted the project, I had no way of knowing that Shenmue 3 would actually happen, so I thought a Ryo minifigure would be a long shot and thus focused on Yu and the generic Sega fans instead. However, the success of the Shenmue 3 kickstarter is a compelling argument on why it should be included if the project passes review.

In case you were wondering, I haven't made any of the other cabinets yet. I actually just moved so all of my Lego is packed up in moving boxes and I'm not sure when I'll be able to did it out.

If you all have any questions about the project feel free to ask here or on the project page's comments section!

Dude they are amazing then, I didn't realise you made them using existing lego parts, I thought they were unique specific pieces, for example with the Sega logos and like the Ourun logo actually on the parts, did you use stickers of some sorts?

I would definately buy the full set, hope it's gets supported to full on the Lego site!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to News and Updates