YS NET address

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

YS NET address

Postby abaww » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:02 am

Hey guys, I'll be hanging around Shibuya tomorrow, so I thought it would be nice to see where the YS NET studio is.
This is the address you can find on the YS NET website: 東京都渋谷区恵比寿4-7-15 恵比寿コラージュ301, but if you search for it on google maps the result doesn't seem to be very accurate.
Does anybody exaclty know where the YS NET studio is? Thank you. :D
abaww
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: abaww

Re: YS NET address

Postby Switch » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am

Hm, the address comes up ok in Google maps for me. It looks like it's close to Ebisu station, and you need to go down a small back road to get to it.

I actually came across some photos of the Ys Net building at this rental apartment site. Apparently there is a vacant apartment in the same building (and on the same floor) as Ys Net.

The page also has a map on it, does this work better for you?
http://www.shibuyachintai.jp/rent/detail_702.html

Switch has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby abaww » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:23 am

Thank you Switch! Yeah the address comes up for me too in maps but these photos are sure more specific. Thanx again! :)
abaww
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: abaww

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:27 am

That would be my Disney Land. The place where magic is happening.

Peter has received a thanks from: Yama
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby NeoShredder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

search for it on google maps the result doesn't seem to be very accurate.
Does anybody exaclty know where the YS NET studio is?

Switch wrote: Aparment rental site.... Apparently there is a vacant apartment in the same building (and on the same floor) as Ys Net.

....Should I be worried about you guys? 8-[ :P
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 am

Peter wrote: That would be my Disney Land. The place where magic is happening.

Just think, in that very building they are doing so much cool stuff like:

Finalising character models
Starting to build environments
Defining their work timetable/scope/goals with the kickstarter money
Brainstorming ideas
Contacting Sony about the next steps (Because Playstation are giving some support and probably curious to know how the kickstarter went)
Hiring staff members
etc

It's like they are going through tons of activity right now, so much is happening and so much of it is interesting and it would be awesome to know but we just have to wait.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

I wonder how are they going to soak in the atmosphere. I guess it's unlikely but are they planning to do some travel in China ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby itapck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:53 am

I would honestly hide near a bush or camp out near the area so I can take a peak at the game development for Shenmue III.
itapck
Banned
Banned

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Isn't the majority of the game's development being done at Neilo though? I imagine YS Net would assist to some degree, but Suzuki has stated that the core team will be from Tak Hirai's company.
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Hadoken Hazuki wrote:Isn't the majority of the game's development being done at Neilo though? I imagine YS Net would assist to some degree, but Suzuki has stated that the core team will be from Tak Hirai's company.

Yes. But both Suzuki's YsNet and Neilo were hiring a while back for plenty of positions, so both teams will be filling up real soon with positions, I'd imagine. It's also unknown if Suzuki will decide to outsource some development to other third parties like he did with Shenmue 1 and 2 (Nex Entertainment and Quintet being just two of those)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:00 pm

"Oh hi, I just moved in down the hall, and I.." (tries to peer around you) "...just wondered if I could borrow some sugar..." (tip-toes to look over your shoulder) "...or if you wanted to borrow some of mine."

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Switch
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Hmmm? Good shit, ain't it? Here, take some. Now let's get sweaty!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I wonder how are they going to soak in the atmosphere. I guess it's unlikely but are they planning to do some travel in China ?

A lot of people seem to forget that Yu Suzuki already had a plan in place for Shenmue 3, and has already done the research most likely. I mean, I doubt the research the team did in the 90s is irrelevant now, he experienced first hand what China was like. That's what makes this all so amazing. Just like Shenmue II was not just a new game in a series, it was a direct continuation of the previous game with all the research of the areas already in place. Think of Shenmue 3 as the same exact thing, a direct continuation of Shenmue 2 but created with more modern software and hardware.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: "Oh hi, I just moved in down the hall, and I.." (tries to peer around you) "...just wondered if I could borrow some sugar..." (tip-toes to look over your shoulder) "...or if you wanted to borrow some of mine."

:lol:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:16 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: I wonder how are they going to soak in the atmosphere. I guess it's unlikely but are they planning to do some travel in China ?

A lot of people seem to forget that Yu Suzuki already had a plan in place for Shenmue 3, and has already done the research most likely. I mean, I doubt the research the team did in the 90s is irrelevant now, he experienced first hand what China was like. That's what makes this all so amazing. Just like Shenmue II was not just a new game in a series, it was a direct continuation of the previous game with all the research of the areas already in place. Think of Shenmue 3 as the same exact thing, a direct continuation of Shenmue 2 but created with more modern software and hardware.

I was not talking about Yu but the overall team like the designers or the sound composers. A collective trip is an usual thing when you're making a piece of art which is taking place in exotic locations in order to catch the original atmosphere and don't recreate something with fake feeling, not only throw out the potential cliches. I would be relieved if Yu can say two words about that.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Next

Return to Shenmue III