phpBB [video]
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:18 am

saw the word 'gamespot' and written it off on that alone.
don't need no RAG to suggest (aka: TELL) me what game is good, or bad.
on that, they miss the point like a bunch of retards...
back in the day of floppy disks and data cassettes, the rags were getting totally wrong for this user.
(eg: rag = that shmup isn't a good game, it got the title for nothing. me = i disagree wholeheartedly, the game was good, way to go for speaking for a planet of gamers, dickheads.)
nahh, regardless of what's said, the rags can NEVER taint a game for me. (and if i taken their onion seriously, i'd be some sort of MI5 patsy by now.) :???:

amiga1200 has received a thanks from: Sonne2
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Telekill » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 am

It's Gamespot. They've proven numerous times to be dude-bro gamers that only seem to care about the next hot competitive FPS game. They're opinion on Shenmue is void of any care from me and I won't bother to watch the video and give them traffic.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby NeoShredder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 am

I've seen this already. The time he played it refers to the full stream of his first "playthrough", where he only played it for an hour and seems like he's been too frustrated by it to play it since:

http://www.twitch.tv/kevinvanord/v/6832628

> "I don't understand why the snow turns to rain" He says this like a criticism, like its an error, despite the fact "the day the snow turned to rain" is the whole thing ABOUT the day
> If you watch the stream, he doesn't even know HOW the use the R-Trigger. Doesn't even zoom on an object ONCE, which would HELP HIM when he stuck on finding Mr. Yamotos house and gave up :roll:
> Doesn't like the tank controls- has he ever played Resident Evil or any other game from the 90's? The layout makes sense for the Dreamcast!

He had some fair opinions about the voice acting and such things, can't hold that against him. But the fact that can't even be bothered to learn THE CONTROLS and play the game PROPERLY, then nearly three weeks after he's on this program like 'oh yeah the game is y'know, like, nostalgia' when he hasn't even gotten to ONE fight or done barely anything with the game is poor from Van Ord. We all know Gamespot and Shenmue have history but this is just lazy work and misrepresents the game to the casual viewer.

NeoShredder has received 5 thanks from: 0rganiker, Himuro, R3N, Sonne2, Technophilz
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:47 am

The guy on the left did a decent job of correcting them for some of the facts, but still, they missed the mark on some things and its just another example of game journalists trying to discredit the value of the kickstarter.
Does nobody just freakin realize maybe they needed a kickstarter because they actually DO need the money to develop the game and that this avenue is the only real option they had?

They think 6.3 million is "nothing". Well guess what.. that's what they have to work with. They will stretch every dollar is takes to make a decent game, using Unreal Engine 4 which is FREE..
Plus, this isnt even over yet. Paypal is coming soon and who knows how long we will have that open and available.
This project could easily reach 10 million total and beyond. Plus we still have Sony throwing in weight for marketing, testing etc. Those things are expensive too and thats why Sony is involved in the first place.

Can't wait for this game to get further in development and show people what Shenmue 3 will be like with our funding scenario. I bet alot of the nay sayers wont have much to talk about anymore.

Axm has received a thanks from: Sonne2
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am

The fact that they're even asking that question tells me everything I need to know about the video, without even having to watch it.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 am

Is Gamespot a good website for gaming? No. No, it isn't.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Axm
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:09 am

They should rename this:
"Is judging a 3 disc game by the first 10 minutes a good idea?"

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:10 am

fat guy in the center is very unlikeable.

johnvivant has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, Reprise, Sonne2
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 am

Axm wrote: They should rename this:
"Is judging a 3 disc game by the first 10 minutes a good idea?"
^^ disagreed!
if the title was other the 'gs' i'd have clicked into it, and folded a keyboard on account of clickbait.
would be my own fault for giving a piss, i suppose?! :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 am

Axm wrote: The guy on the left did a decent job of correcting them for some of the facts, but still, they missed the mark on some things and its just another example of game journalists trying to discredit the value of the kickstarter.

'Game journalists' is an oxymoron.

I can't even take any of this seriously since it seems like none of them have ever bothered to finish the game.

"Is Citizen Kane a good movie? I'll let you know after I watch the first 15 minutes."
Last edited by Wude-Tang Clan on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wude-Tang Clan has received 6 thanks from: Anthony817, Axm, Mr357, Reprise, Sonne2, Taren Fox
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 am

Three Blades wrote: The fact that they're even asking that question tells me everything I need to know about the video, without even having to watch it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. 8) Watching it would only get me angry I imagine, so I'll skip it.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am

The last sentence of Gamespot's review of Shenmue 1 back in 2000: ( http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/shenmue ... 0-2540599/ )

Regardless of its many shortcomings, though, Shenmue is an adventure worth experiencing - provided you have the time to invest.

So the game was worth experiencing and investing time into, but fast forward a few years and it's all of a sudden not a good game anymore :!: :?:

I have never seen a piece of gaming "journalism/analysis" that has managed to butcher as much context and precedent as this pile of stinking refuse.
Sean

PSN: Sandbox
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sh3ppy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Three Blades wrote: The fact that they're even asking that question tells me everything I need to know about the video, without even having to watch it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. 8) Watching it would only get me angry I imagine, so I'll skip it.

I'm with you on this one. Rather not watch it as I know how I'll react.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Postby Yama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:56 am

Telekill wrote: It's Gamespot. They've proven numerous times to be dude-bro gamers that only seem to care about the next hot competitive FPS game. They're opinion on Shenmue is void of any care from me and I won't bother to watch the video and give them traffic.

Nah, they don't even care about competitive FPS, just scrub fests.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III