Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 am

I think the best and most succinct answer to the question, "Is Shenmue a Good Game?" is simply:

"At least good enough for thousands of people all over the world to lose their minds when a sequel was finally announced, and for somewhere between 50,000 and 70,000 people to voluntarily donate more than 6 million dollars to see it happen."

Enough said.

Anonymous81 has received 4 thanks from: johnvivant, NeoShredder, sand4fish, Three Blades
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 am

^ It's definitely good enough that its sequel broke numerous records, being inducted to a Guinness Record while currently sitting at the KS all time most funded game, and all of this before the game even came out.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: NeoShredder, Three Blades
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Three Blades » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 am

Yeah, you'd never see people cry with joy because the new COD or GTA was announced.

I don't get the part in the review where they're laughing at Ryo putting on his shoes when leaving the house. I mean, what's even funny here? It doesn't even use up any time, it's not even a cutscene... literally, it's just a different camera angle of Ryo walking down the step.
I mean, I understand laughing at the dub (it's even worse than I remembered), but they make fun of even the most mundane, unfunny sh*t.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby LucBu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:14 am

Three Blades wrote:Yeah, you'd never see people cry with joy because the new COD or GTA was announced.

I don't get the part in the review where they're laughing at Ryo putting on his shoes when leaving the house. I mean, what's even funny here? It doesn't even use up any time, it's not even a cutscene... literally, it's just a different camera angle of Ryo walking down the step.
I mean, I understand laughing at the dub (it's even worse than I remembered), but they make fun of even the most mundane, unfunny sh*t.

Their responses actually do kinda hurt, don't they. I find there's nothing reasonable or perceptive about their criticism at all. It's funny though, a few times I've imagined myself replying to them in person. I've imagined myself explaining certain points or how I would approach those explanations. But even in my imagination they're disgruntled, unintelligent and dickish. Even in my head I imagine it ending with me taking a swing at them. In fact, to be super honest, I'd be dissapointed if it ended any other way.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Three Blades » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 am

Even in my head I imagine it ending with me taking a swing at them. In fact, to be super honest, I'd be dissapointed if it ended any other way.

If that happens, I've got your back, and will jump into the fray happily!

Three Blades has received a thanks from: LucBu
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby R3N » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 pm

SMDzero wrote:
Telekill wrote: It's Gamespot. They've proven numerous times to be dude-bro gamers that only seem to care about the next hot competitive FPS game. They're opinion on Shenmue is void of any care from me and I won't bother to watch the video and give them traffic.

Duuuuude.... brooooo... Shenmue sucks yooooo.. you just look for sailors and open a bunch of drawers man..... oh snap bro GTA 3 was way better cos u could kill hookers man. yooo duuuuuude Shenmue 3 sucks we should play some Call of Duty 6 man you get guns and can like totally shoot shit up oh yeaaaah.

Btw how about that dumbass Jeff Gertsman?.... the guy who said that Shenmue was just a dumb forklift simulator for assholes.... he should seriously apologize for acting like a complete tool.

The funny thing is that he was the one that got fired from gamespot for rating low a "paid review"
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby muhu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:59 am

Duuuuude.... brooooo... Shenmue sucks yooooo..
you just look for sailors and open a bunch of
drawers man..... oh snap bro GTA 3 was way better cos u could kill hookers man. yooo duuuuuude Shenmue 3 sucks we should play some Call of Duty 6 man you get guns and can like totally shoot shit up oh yeaaaah.

This is a freakin' perfect stand point as to how every gamer shits on Shenmue and tries to make a bad name for it. They need to zip their mouth tight because they are inferior as to where the love comes from this franchise which is why fans from the start have waited an eternity for what we are finally getting provided with, 3. Gamespot? Kotaku? Forbes? Ignore these negative scums and realise we are the good guys. No way have we killed gaming by supporting Shenmue.
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shenmue852 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Kotaku is mostly pro-Shenmue. There was one writer who talked shit about the concept PS4 boxart used for the rewards page illustration. That dude was just one weirdo. Most other articles are supportive and it seems like most commenters are fans.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III