Stuff in Shenmue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Stuff in Shenmue

Postby ShenRy092 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Shenmue 3 is gonna be in villages and won't have stuff like in Japan and Hong Kong.

It would be awesome if they can make it like this as part of side story.

phpBB [video]
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Stuff in Shenmue

Postby shenmue852 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 pm

i think so too. I remember wanting to plant stuff or at least interact somehow with the vegetable patch outside Shenhua's house. That's kind of the beauty of Shenmue, how it can incorporate multiple genres. GTA mixes all the action and racing genres, but Shenmue seems to be going in a direction where it can incorporate strategy and non-action as well.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenRy092 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Baisha Village

phpBB [video]

ShenRy092 has received 2 thanks from: lDarkWarriorl, Supa
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shenmue852 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:22 am

That is actually a different Baisha village. Shenmue III will feature a Hakka walled village with Tulou buildings named Baisha, which is actually more typical in Fujian than Guanxi (Guilin) but they exist all over Southern China in various forms.

phpBB [video]

I don't think they've specifically said if Shenmue III is set within Guilin/Guanxi or not.

shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:53 am

shenmue852 wrote: That is actually a different Baisha village. Shenmue III will feature a Hakka walled village with Tulou buildings named Baisha, which is actually more typical in Fujian than Guanxi (Guilin) but they exist all over Southern China in various forms.

phpBB [video]

I don't think they've specifically said if Shenmue III is set within Guilin/Guanxi or not.

I've never wanted to visit China as much as after watching that video!
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:26 am

shenmue852 wrote:I don't think they've specifically said if Shenmue III is set within Guilin/Guanxi or not.

Well,they did indeed never say so but I think it's a given for S3, really. Bailu village is supposed to be within walking distance from Shenhua's home, so I guess Shenhua didn't mean to walk like a 1000 miles all the way to Fujian. :)

Also the owner of the Dobuita antique shop phantom river stone can only be found in Guangxi province. Maybe Yu did get his inspiration from a village in Fujian but placed it into Guangxi for story reasons. Keep in mind he did that with the Man Mo temple as well. It is really in Kowloon but Yu put it into Wan Chai for the game.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby fritz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:32 pm

The Tulao video is amazing! The English sub is blasphemy though :P
fritz
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Switch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

From the video:
Tulou are built with almost no iron. The nails are made of bamboo and the walls are made from a fermented mix of three types of local soil, mixed with black sugar, egg whites and sticky rice.

Yikes, these wouldn't hold up too well in earthquakes.
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shenmue852 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:
shenmue852 wrote:I don't think they've specifically said if Shenmue III is set within Guilin/Guanxi or not.

Well,they did indeed never say so but I think it's a given for S3, really. Bailu village is supposed to be within walking distance from Shenhua's home, so I guess Shenhua didn't mean to walk like a 1000 miles all the way to Fujian. :)

Also the owner of the Dobuita antique shop phantom river stone can only be found in Guangxi province. Maybe Yu did get his inspiration from a village in Fujian but placed it into Guangxi for story reasons. Keep in mind he did that with the Man Mo temple as well. It is really in Kowloon but Yu put it into Wan Chai for the game.

Baisha village is the one that has Fujian architechture. Bailu village is the one next to Shenhua's house (it was called Miao village in the deleted Shenmue II content) There are variations on Hakka walled villages (what Baisha looks like) in other parts of southern China it so it's not too inaccurate to have the Fujian style in Guanxi. I also think the whole game will be set in Guilin/Guanxi though, because they said Choubu is on the banks of the Li river which is in Guanxi.

BTW Man Mo temple is not in Kowloon, it's on Hollywood road in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. It's only 15 minutes away from Wan Chai. Kowloon Wanchai and Sheung Wan are all part of the same city. So it's not the same thing as putting Fujian architecture in Guanxi, but it doesn't matter too much because similar stuff exists in Guanxi anyway.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenRy092 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 pm

The train in Shenmue project Berkley. I wonder.....

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:55 am

ShenRy092 wrote: The train in Shenmue project Berkley. I wonder.....

i love the vibe in that first video - the combination of the setting and music. it reminds me of one of those Miyazaki animations with a modern setting.

Miniature train sets are great, its a shame that they take up so much space. i would love to have a shenmue diorama of Yokosuka, or hong kong - buts its not practical for a small house, also i have no creative or crafting skills!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenRy092 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:13 pm

The town in Shenmue 3 won't be this huge......

phpBB [video]
ShenRy092
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to Shenmue III