The Know Still Haven't Done Research?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

The Know Still Haven't Done Research?

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Remember that video someone posted a few weeks back at a crucial part of the Kickstarter campaign where this group on youtube called 'The Know' (630k subs), made a Shenmue 3 video literally using the word "Scam" in the videos title, and the whole video was about the project potentially being a scam. Well, as much as I hated that video, I still listen to their show 'The Patch' whilst working (I have for many months, so it's just habit), and in todays episode, they're still spouting the same shit.

https://youtu.be/HD9zI8k-lQs?t=3585

Crazy that they are still getting the facts wrong about the game. [-X
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: The Know Still Haven't Done Research?

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:21 pm

they certainly don't!

:rotflmao:

NeoShredder has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Mr357
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:53 pm

NeoShredder wrote: they certainly don't!

:rotflmao:

Haha well spotted :D
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:54 pm

These Rooster Teeth people really have it out for Shenmue. Another one of their programs (Funhaus) continues to run programs/podcasts bashing the series. Did someone at that company run a failed Kickstarter? I don't understand why they're spending so much time bad mouthing Shenmue.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:09 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: These Rooster Teeth people really have it out for Shenmue. Another one of their programs (Funhaus) continues to run programs/podcasts bashing the series. Did someone at that company run a failed Kickstarter? I don't understand why they're spending so much time bad mouthing Shenmue.

Yeah dunno dude, that guy on the left was on about chucking $700 at that Star Citizen game earlier, which used to be a Kickstarter I think and now takes Paypal donations - so not much different to us pledging for Shenmue...they were then making fun at him spending so much money on a game that hasn't been released yet.

James Brown has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:53 pm

James Brown wrote: Haha well spotted :D

It's hilarious in the newest Funhaus video as they inadvertently patronize the CEO of one of their sponsors personally :lol:
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:36 pm

We're currently discussing another horrible Rooster Teeth production on Facebook. Cedric Biscay, as if he wasn't awesome enough already, surfaced and made a great comment:

Cedric Biscay Don't worry guys, now the video games industry knows how strong is the Shenmue community. Next step let's provide an amazing game in order to convince the video games market wink emoticon

I think that's all that matters. Let them make fun of a revolutionary game that's almost two decades old. Shenmue 3 is coming. 8)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby wataro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Misinformed and giving shenmue bad press, I hate their previous video and they did the same for this one

HERE IS THE LINK

yeah keep giving Them web traffic and letting them make money off of advertising for their shit
Good job smart guy.
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:44 pm

wataro wrote:
Misinformed and giving shenmue bad press, I hate their previous video and they did the same for this one

HERE IS THE LINK

yeah keep giving Them web traffic and letting them make money off of advertising for their shit
Good job smart guy.

Or...you could dislike their videos, leave comments that suggest the credibility of the things they are discussing to be false, up vote these comments, put people off their videos, and potentially hurt them.

Or like you say, don't click the link and let them convince viewers that don't know any better to not support Shenmue.

Either one of the above actions might be better than taking it out on a fellow supporter.

James Brown has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm, Mr. Rod
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:13 pm

They don't give a fuck, mate. They are not journalists. They are a rag that spreads their narrative, and their narrative is that Shenmue sucks. Why do you keep doing this to yourself?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby R3N » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Or we could get revenge. Go to their video post a link to their competitors that talk good about Shenmue
(GT Reviews) and make that their top comment with likes. It would make them angry, just don't mention we did it because of Shenmue ;)
They want war we give them war. We can always create negative marketing against their group or steal their views. We should work together hard and make our own channels. If those idiots did it why we can't more subscribers? Make similar videos to them but steal their views by ranking higher for the keyword they used.
There is so much we could do if we worked together to grow and become a stronger community.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Centrale » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm

My thoughts on media like that, summed up in a classic quote: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Centrale has received a thanks from: Mr357
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:36 pm

You guys sound ridiculous. The KS is over. Shenmue III's success now will be depedent on whether Yu and co deliver or not, and I think they will.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:03 am

James Brown wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: These Rooster Teeth people really have it out for Shenmue. Another one of their programs (Funhaus) continues to run programs/podcasts bashing the series. Did someone at that company run a failed Kickstarter? I don't understand why they're spending so much time bad mouthing Shenmue.

Yeah dunno dude, that guy on the left was on about chucking $700 at that Star Citizen game earlier, which used to be a Kickstarter I think and now takes Paypal donations - so not much different to us pledging for Shenmue...they were then making fun at him spending so much money on a game that hasn't been released yet.

Not necessarily by the same people of course, but Star Citizen has been getting flak too, especially lately. In fact, some loser named Derek Smart tried to get Cloud Imperium Games investigated for misappropriation of funds, which he had no evidence of. I looked him up and determined that he was just a jealous attention whore because he made two space sim games years ago that bombed, but a developer with an actual track record (Chris Roberts) was able to raise over 80 million through crowdfunding alone for a new space sim. So in response Cloud Imperium refunded him for his pledge and deleted his account. :rotflmao:
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III