Racism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Racism

Postby Calshot » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 pm

We have a topic on feminism, so why not? Personally, I feel like the media is blowing the whole race war/police thing way out of proportion. Yeah, there are many legitimate cases of racism and police brutality coming to light, but it doesn't help that practically half of the cases blown up by media were ones where the police were actually in the right. The conspiracy theories around the Bland case and the denial of the evidence is really something to behold.

Discuss.
User avatar
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: January 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Re: Racism

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:46 pm

^^ i'm not going into details, but if i'm defined as racist because i tried to accept, and they refused the hand of friendship, so be it! (i've grown up in areas where i'm the second class civilian by the gvt standard...it was set up that way from the start.)
it's the culture, NOT the race i have issues with. (religions, and doctrines that infringe)
i have no love for some, but the bottom line is, i KNOW who the REAL enmey is:
THE STATE, AND CORPORATE ESTABLISHMENTS! (and ALL willful percentage sucking participants.)
they caused this, and we allowed it by infighting and distractions.
that said, i'll protect myself from any tool who wants to do me in just coz, but that's a symptom, not the cause of the real problem...that i'm not sure how to effectively overcome, without some sort of change on the civilians part en masse?! :???: :?:
make of that what you will. 8)
one warning was absolutely fair, was over zealous on conviction on a response to a subject.
the other one for 'spam' (aka: it was me posting that qualified) which is bogus due to personality clash. why don't who this concerns pull the other guy for destroying my subject, accusing it of SPAM?
oh, i get it now, not one of your cliques, and i watched you stand by and and let him trash it, and you did NOTHING but was complicit in your silence, and totally one sided and agree with it by inactions. (you have the temerity to pull me for spam, and yet, you let your lackey cliquey friends shit on my subjects? double-standards, real fuckin professional dude.)
at least the other staffer explained where i was wrong, and backed it up clearly in writ. :roll:
User avatar
amiga1200
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: July 2015
Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Re: Racism

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 am

What about asians...with their kungfu and their rice....I mean come on ling ling, put down the cosplay and grow up.. amirite??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Image
User avatar
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003

Re: Racism

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 am

Is saying Asians eat rice which is the staple food for the majority of their countries supposed to be racist?
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Racism

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 am

south carmain wrote: Is saying Asians eat rice which is the staple food for the majority of their countries supposed to be racist?


oh....you think im being serious?
Image
User avatar
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003

Re: Racism

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:25 am

Locke_cole wrote:
south carmain wrote: Is saying Asians eat rice which is the staple food for the majority of their countries supposed to be racist?


oh....you think im being serious?

No I assumed you were mockingly imitating people that are seeing that I have seen videos of people complain about the "asians know kung fu" thing.
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Racism

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:32 am

south carmain wrote: people that are seeing that I have seen
Image
User avatar
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003


Re: Racism

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 am

jeez man up at 6am...what are you mexican???

lolz...ok im done now
Image
User avatar
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003

Re: Racism

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:48 am

In the United States we have had a systemic historical issue with racism. It's been an issue since..forever..supresssing minorities either actively or passively, its a real issue and now it just so happens the news media are playing more and more of whats been going on because smartphones and cameras are so readily available.

I have a brother in-law Cop in Miami for example. It's a very multi-cultural city, but you have clear lines of separation between the races in where they live. Clear signs of what was once segregation is viewable along with just plain races congregating to one area because that's where that race "belongs" either by choice because of family, income level or societal pressure. This is true for alot of cities in the south and really alot of other cities in the country, but its very easily viewable in the confederate states.

But besides that, you then have the police in Miami which actively hunt out and plant themselves in the poor communities. It's ofcourse been done for decades and decades. You will have injustices when you mix this in with cops that have an "Us vs. them" mentality. Where they are on constant ready to fire mode. Ready to spring into action because that's why they are cops in the first place. They want to actively enforce the law and be the most bad ass cop in town.

My brother in-law has confessed to me he loves the thrill of busting down a door, car window, shooting the gun, getting his hands dirty. He hates having to sit in the car all day. Hates just giving out traffic tickets. He wants more then that. And yes, its just a matter of fact you are going to find more action in areas where people are suffering financially and socially. You're not gonna be a super-hero cop in nice neighborhoods no matter how many more drug dealers are actually in upper class mansion lined streets.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Sonikku, Sonne2
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Racism

Postby muhu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 am

He is British and I think that this thread could get really out of hand which is why nobody has seemed to use it.
User avatar
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: July 2015
Location: London
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

-

Postby danny » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:06 am

-
Last edited by danny on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danny has received a thanks from: Mr357
danny
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: July 2015

Re: Racism

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:49 am

Oh boy.. this is why I don't normally get into these types of dicussions.. but hah here we are.
danny wrote:
In the United States we have had a systemic historical issue with racism. It's been an issue since..forever..supresssing minorities either actively or passively, its a real issue and now it just so happens the news media are playing more and more of whats been going on because smartphones and cameras are so readily available.


You sound like a white-guilt type of bloke who raises a "black lives matter" sign, b/c of made up guilt feelings.

Actually I'm Cuban-American (both parents Cuban) and no I've never actively protested anything in my life. I'm pretty moderate politically, but when it comes to this issue it stands out to me more than others because of my life experiences growing up in Miami and Southern California. And even now living in Japan, I have to deal with race, so its just about me sharing my insight on the situation.
Also, you just called me "bloke".. are you a brit? Cause that would be funny claiming to know more about America than an American. Devils advocate much? lol.. i'll play along with you atleast for this post though.


Can't see the systematic oppression, you are accusing a whole country of systematic racism (supposedly white folks).
Yes there are those who are racist, but you're extrapolating from a small sample.


I am accusing nothing more then historical facts which is that a segregated city like Miami and many others like it, have had racism play a factor in how police do their job.

And please read very carefully at what im saying, not what you want to think im saying.

Axm wrote:In the United States we have had a systemic historical issue with racism.

What does that mean to you? Because to me it means we have a general issue with racism, that as a country with many races on a base level we have had to deal with the issue of race since really the Mayflower landed on Plymouth Rock.
Not that all white people are racists or that all cops are racists.

Continuing..

For decades you have some cops that are racist in the city influence other cops in how to do their jobs, what to look for and how to handle situations the wrong way instead of treating everyone equally.
I'm not even saying it's just white cops that can be racist and unfair, but all cops.. black, hispanic, asian, whatever.. anyone can be a racist in a situation where you are patrolling historically segregated areas and can pick and choose what neighborhoods or people to focus in on for arrests.
And I'm not even saying that some people do or don't deserve to be arrested, because many times cops make legitimate arrests, but theirs a disproportionate number of arrests going on with certain races over others.


Okay, your bro mo loves some action. What's your point?


Point is that we have some in the police force that are always looking to go on the offensive. To draw the weapon and shoot first, ask questions later. And to not even consider using a tazer, pepper spray or other non-lethal means. We have a police force that's militarizing. They get all these new toys and they cant wait to use them. Alot of them are ex-military too and they already have that combat mentality as a cop.

I have ALOT of respect for cops and the military(as my family is comprised of them), but when it comes to this issue and the facts, to say racism doesnt play a factor is like saying people don't see race at all when looking at someone. Ofcourse people see race and ofcourse people have been raised with life experiences that lead them to handle social situations differently than others.

So thats kinda it on all I need to say on the matter. If you want proof on this or that i'm not going to sit here linking hundreds of articles, videos etc. All that stuff is out there already and you dont seem like someone who I could ever change your opinion on the matter so its a waste of time.
so.. Shenmue 3.
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

-

Postby danny » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:50 am

-
Last edited by danny on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danny has received a thanks from: Mr357
danny
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: July 2015

Re: Racism

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 am

danny wrote:Don't know about your social status, Axm, but you seem to be a middle class Murrican.

Don't know if you know what a "Murrican" is or not but based on what I've already told you im probably the least Murrican person you could find here and its not that I dont like America, I love it, I just love it for all the right reasons, not the stupid "murican" ones you seemingly want to defend. You're probably more Murrican then me! Haha.

And ya, as I thought, waste of time trying to discuss this with you as you're already so far convinced yourself otherwise on the issue and its just an exhausting subject that can go on forever. Nobody will win as its all a matter of opinion and case by case issues.

Honestly this thread is just arguement bait cause its still such a controversial issue for some. Not sure if lock worthy but I guess we'll see.. Luckily im not such an easily offended person when it comes to race though so you guys can knock yourself out and have fun.
Last edited by Axm on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net