Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 am

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of The Cutting Room Floor wiki before, but it's a wiki dedicated to unused and cut content from video games - including characters, weapons, locations, graphics, debug menus; everything - and it's pretty damn fascinating, especially when you stumble across something you had absolutely no clue about from one of your favourite games.

However, take a guess which game is completely missing from the site. That's right - Shenmue! It's really surprising given the vast amount of content that was cut and/or ultimately unused in the end, and I think everyone will agree that the game(s) deserve a place on the website. As it's a wiki, absolutely anybody can contribute and edit content once they've created an account, and we have a great community of people dedicated to unearthing all the hidden bits and bobs in the game here at the Dojo, so why don't we take this on as a project of sorts? I'm game, for sure!

How about it? :D

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: amiga1200
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 am

appreciate the share.
as for anybody being able to edit content like a wiki, bad move. (and i've been places where it's abused)
on the other hand, trusted members (staff a given) could do the edits, and as each person approaches with 'dedicated' content, give them privs, like a synopsis editor.
what i described, there's a wiki at another place i visit.
can be viewed by guests/users, but it requires credentials, from the site administrator. (i'm fine with FTP creds, can't be arsed beyond that personally. site has three domains, 1, site frontend. 2, wiki/synopsis. 3, FTP server. i'm on two of them by choice, ALL require credentials on high to adjust...apart from frontend.)
if it's a serious wiki project, restrict edit access, unless vetted, or they stump up true effort/contributions.
my two pence.
the idea is good on paper, but a staffer may want to voice their concerns, and if it's anything like mine, don't be surprised. :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Re: Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:46 pm

ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue