If you call yourself a "nerd" I probably hate you. (reddit)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: If you call yourself a "nerd" I probably hate you. (redd

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:10 am

To be fair: I do think that a lot of people really don't get what Shenmue is about and a lot of criticism it receives is unjustified. But on the other hand not everyone who doesn't like Shenmue dislikes it because they didn't "get it". Many people dislike it because it's slow-paced and a lot of people also don't like the Asian setting.

Fine by me. Leave their opinion to them. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion and sometimes Shenmue fans do come of as pretentious wankers when they lecture people about having the "wrong" opinion. There's a difference between talking shit about Shenmue, like calling it a forklift-simulator for instance, or disliking it for valid reasons.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:03 am

@ world cup holder.
i draw the distinctions, because if you don't have the goods to back up you shit-talk, what good is the talk?
experiences are individual.
my image counts for shit, in fact, NOTHING i do defines myself to the masses, not like i give a fuck. (but if they want to convince me, the good old british DUMB way, is a start. if i'm NOT going to change my mind, violence is what it takes IF they're that committed.)
labels don't show the person, but lets have some perspective here, nerds hardly rank up there with sex predators, and there's obviously NO connection, but the way the thread (and world) is, you'd think they was one of the same.
who gives a piss? does their critique put food on the table? what stake do they have in our B&W life?
i can relate to getting called something negative (not nerd, if only.) but there's only TWO ways to overcome it:
1, completely disregard, it's just words.
2, if that's too much for yer, and the bitching is getting difficult, deal with it! (irl remark. as for the net, you know the score.)
depends what part of the UK shitland you live on i guess?
a word can have an opposite meaning to the common understanding. :roll:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:30 am

amiga1200 wrote: @ world cup holder.

Thanks but I'm not a World Cup holder. That's not me in the picture. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastian_Schweinsteiger

If it was me, Shenmue 3 would have met all of it's stretch goals already because I could have easily thrown $ 10 million at it. But I didn't win the World Cup and unfortunately I doubt the guy in the picture would give a damn about what a Shan Moo is.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 am

rome has received 2 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, myshtuff
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Where do you find this shit? Obviously that guy is biased and butt hurt about nerds, and possibly jealous? So negative too, I mean who makes an entire article about hating on something else? Fuck that, you could just choose to ignore it, you dont have to like it, but let them do what they want. Why is he so concerned about it? Is society gonna break and never be able to return because of this, or mass people caused pain and suffering because of it? Jesus man, its not that big of a deal, they are different from you, get over it.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: amiga1200
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to Off Topic