Would you rather?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Spend 2.5 years in jail or NEVER play Shenmue 3? (Total votes: 16)

I'll spend 2.5 years in jail if it meant I got Shenmue 3 upon release
50%
I would rather NEVER get to play Shenmue 3 than go to jail for 2.5 years.
50%

Would you rather?

Postby SMDzero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 am

A.) Spend from now until Shenmue 3's release date locked up in jail.

or

B.) Never get to play Shenmue 3 for the rest of your life.

Essentially what I'm asking is that would you go to jail to 2.5 years if that was the only way you got Shenmue 3?
Last edited by SMDzero on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Re: Would you rather?

Postby Kiske » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:30 am

I would put you in jail for 2.5 years if that's the only way to play Shenmue 3 without having to answer awkward questions ;-)

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Nahovil
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 am

:mrgreen:
option 3: it's useful to have a 'destroy/delete account' button in user profiles.
registered at another place, left three posts in all, and then bugged-out by self-destruction, posts still remain.
pretty nifty feature really. :P (but the downside is: once i opted to kill myself, put me on an ip ban list.)
NO!
no amount of money, possessions, GAMES (even specifics) or station in life is worth losing that level of freedom over.
quarter of a decade?
really? (many years ago, was put away for six months for a crime i didn't commit, came out in the end. was offered a very substantial compensation for the ordeal, but as it was a copper that put me away, and the time as well, putting him in a permanent 'condition' was worth more than compo, and WELL worth the trade. trial and retribution...is more than just a saying, or a novel by a well known author.)
if the above seems like a tangent style ramble, now you know what i'm up against here. 8)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby iyapol » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:39 am

And the winner of the Worst Thread of the Month award goes to...
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 am

What's wrong with option A?

Nothing.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby BlueMue » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:51 am

Sitting in jail from now until the game is released would be a good way to avoid any spoilers whatsoever. :lol:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 am

If it's one where the prisoners are treated well, then I don't see why not. You get free food, lots of free time to chill, you can work out all day, come outta jail buffed-up as fuck after 2.5 years, and you get to play the best game ever made as soon as you're out the door.
Seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Although, to be honest I'd still prefer cryogenics or time-travel. Better yet, time travel to the future to buy Shenmue 3, bring it back to modern day, and charge people 100$ to play it for 5 minutes :D
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:41 am

^^ one POV?!
so, a 'guilded cage'?
i erm, dunno anymore?!
the disturbing thing is, i totally understand from an irl perspective, many times heard that...
some from timers wanting to go back in, 'coz it's easier'. :oops:
what i can't wrap skull around, is many would allow a keeper to dictate actions if they was kept in lush greens.
wouldn't turn down a freebie, but the price just isn't worth it, by any stretch of the imagination.
(and think again: six months is shit, nothing to real timers. but i brewed, plotted, got stronger...and when relzed, completed objectives and settled the score, my way, for recompence. :mad: i guess my point is: even if many can handle the physical aspects of prison, it fucks the mind, and can create a creature of pure focus and hatred. prisons never deter, just breed...what the gvt wanted, or things wouldn't be this nuts.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 am

How can someone select the shit option which undeniably initiates the inability to endear Shenmue 3 as a videogame?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Monkei » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:49 pm

SMDzero wrote:B.) Never get to play Shenmue 3 for the rest of your life.

Life is short. You'd have to be crazy to give up 2.5 years of your limited time for a videogame, even if it's Shenmue III.
Last edited by Monkei on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

^^ at least it's SEVERAL up from 'pos member that doesn't think like us/agree with us' award.
and to drive that through the skull, i found nothing wrong with the mentioned subject, made for good reading.
cliques. :roll:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby SMDzero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Well I think that most people here (including myself) would choose going to jail for 2.5 years to play Shenmue 3.

Can you imagine the sinking feeling you would have when Shenmue 3 came out if you opted not to do the jail time and therefore could NEVER play it??

A poll has been added.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 pm

SMDzero wrote:Can you imagine the sinking feeling you would have when Shenmue 3 came out if you opted not to do the jail time and therefore could NEVER play it??

Can you imagine the sinking feeling you would have after spending two and a half years in prison:

a.) having been forced to murder someone of the opposite color just so one of the supremacist groups would look out for you,
b.) having lost all your teethe from when the other inmates knocked them out because it makes it easier to mouth-fuck you in your sleep,
c.) having gotten sodomized so many times that you can comfortably push a cantaloupe up your ass without wincing,

and then getting out of prison, playing twelve hours of Shenmue III, and realizing that you just ruined your entire life based on a silly snap decision for something that you no longer care about in the least, because your whole perception of humanity has been warped by the disgusting things that were forced upon you?

Yeah. That might suck a little.

OL has received a thanks from: Amir
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Fuck Shenmue 3, I ain't going to jail.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:10 am

LOL, this is why I specified... "If it's a jail where the prisoners are treated well" :D
Honestly, I think the above description only applies to certain jails in the United States, or in some shit hole 3rd world countries... Obviously in those conditions, I'd forget about Shenmue 3 :D
From what I've heard, here in Japan, the prisoners are closely watched, and follow a very military-style schedule. It's very disciplined. And, not to be racist, but I've been in some fights in Japan, including one with a thug-yakuza type guy (he was being a cunt to random women in the train, I had to step in), and I can safely tell you that most "tough guys" here are complete pussies when the shit hits the fan.

So in those conditions... Yeah, I'd go to jail for Shenmue 3.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III