Yū Suzuki Biography - Le Maître de Sega

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Yū Suzuki Biography - Le Maître de Sega

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:12 pm

A new book by French author Benjamin Berget, which covers Yu Suzuki's outstanding career in the gaming industry, will be published on September 25th 2015 by Geeks-Line. An English version will be available in 2016.

Dojo member DEVILLE_David has also been working on the project as a Japanese to French translator.

You can preorder the book via the Geeks-Line website here.

Links:
Yū Suzuki Biography - Le Maître de Sega | Forum Discussion | News Archive

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: Benjamin Berget, DEVILLE_David
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Yū Suzuki Biography - Le Maître de Sega

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 am

German video game website Nexgam have covered the book and put it on their news section. Nexgam was founded in 1998 and claims to be one of the biggest gaming websites in Germany with over 10,000 articles online.The even put up a link to the Dojo forums regarding the English translation. You can find the article below. English translation by me.

http://www.nexgam.de/forum/thread/87331-franz%C3%B6sische-biographie-%C3%BCber-yu-suzuki-erschienen/?postID=2124053#post2124053

Französische Biographie über Yu Suzuki erschienen

13.09.2015, 18:11 Uhr

Neu
Wer kennt ihr nicht - Yu Suzuki, den Schöpfer von Virtua Fighter oder Shenmue.
Der französische Videospiel-Journalist Benjamin Berget hat nun eine über 500 Seiten starke Biographie über Yu Suzuki geschrieben, welche am 25. September erscheinen wird. Das Buch behandelt Suzukis gesamtes Leben von seiner Kindheit und Jugend bis zum Beginn der Arbeit an Shenmue 3 in diesem Jahr und nennt sich Yū Suzuki - Le Maître de Sega (de l'arcade à Shenmue)

Wer hier Interesse hat, sollte sich einmal die offizielle Buchseite vom Verlag ansehen:
geeks-line.com/histoire-du-jeu…henmue-9791093752068.html

Zudem scheint eine englische Version des Buches bereits für nächstes Jahr in Planung zu sein, wie der Autor im Shenmue Forum schreibt:
shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49065

Auch IGN hat bereits ein paar Zeilen über das Werk verloren:
fr.ign.com/shenmue-iii-rumored…cais-consacre-au-createur

M.C.

French Biography on Yu Suzuki published
Sep. 13, 6:11 pm

Who does not know him - Yu Suzuki, the creator of Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. French video game journalist Benjamin Berget has now written an over 500 pages long biography on Yu Suzuki which will be published on September 25. The book covers Suzuki's entire life, from his childhood and youth up until the beginning of his work on Shenmue 3 during this year and is called Yū Suzuki - Le Maître de Sega (de l'arcade à Shenmue).

If you're interested, you should check out the publisher's official page about the book:
[I'm not gonna put the links into the translation; Hyo Razuki]

Furthermore, it seems an English translation of the book is planned for 2016, as the author wrote in a Shenmue Forum.
[They put up a link to the Dojo Forum thread about the book here; H. R.]

IGN have also covered the book already.

If I run into more German language news coverage on the book, I'll keep updating here.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Benjamin Berget
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Karimov » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:42 pm

very good news. i cant wait to buy it.

Karimov has received a thanks from: Benjamin Berget
Karimov
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Elders scroll online

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:06 am

The book is in fact listed on British Amazon. Not available on there yet, but I guess it will be changed to "available" after release. They probably haven't got it in stock yet.

I just thought this might be interesting for some people because

a) shipping might be cheaper than Geeks Line's shipping fees
b) you won't have to register an account with Geeks Line
c) you won't have to do the whole ordering in French (Geeks Line's website seems to be French only)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yu-Suzuki-Maitre-Berget-Benjamin/dp/B014UDN7ES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442296811&sr=8-1&keywords=le+maitre+de+sega

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Benjamin Berget
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:52 pm

I will buy the englisch version next year. Can`t wait to read this book about Yu Suzuki!!!
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Return to News and Updates