Xbone Version

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Xbone Version

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:39 pm

I know that this is a personal issue but it is so bad that I've got to potentially ditch my Xbone for a PS4 for Shenmue 3. I don't for the life of me want to play it on a PC so I was thinking about watching a YouTube LP first instead before experiencing it on PS4 when that's cheap. I prefer a Xbone version than PS4 since well I like the console better and that's it since it has a more preferrable library of games, Halo, Gears, etc.

I am very certain that there will bo no Xbone version and that makes me quite sad. Just saying guys..
Last edited by Shibiryo on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Re: I am crying: Xbox One Version?

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

XBOX one is a really bad system anyway.

However I can point you to the person to blame, Phil Spencer. He outright stated that they are not interested in the Shenmue franchise.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Just curious, why don't you want to play it on a PC? You'll most likely be able to use the controller of your choice (360, Xbone, DS4) and connect it to a TV with an HDMI cable or via streaming. You can get a PS4 level rig for the same price as a console if you build it yourself, which is basically like putting LEGO pieces together. Plus, you'll get the benefit of mods down the line as well, not to mention better resolution and framerate.

Amir has received a thanks from: Anthony817
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Amir wrote: Just curious, why don't you want to play it on a PC? You'll most likely be able to use the controller of your choice (360, Xbone, DS4) and connect it to a TV with an HDMI cable or via streaming. You can get a PS4 level rig for the same price as a console if you build it yourself, which is basically like putting LEGO pieces together. Plus, you'll get the benefit of mods down the line as well, not to mention better resolution and framerate.

^This is true

There more reasons to own a PS4 in 2017+, but if you still don't want to, what's wrong with the PC version?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

PCs are expensive, especially one with the specs to run Shenmue 3.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Karimov » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:14 pm

pc i fear the pc. metal gear solid 5 cd was only 8mb. what if it is on steam? and u buy a cd and in that cd is a steam installer? that is still a digital game basically. i really would choose the ps4 version. the ps 4 will sell like ps2. you could sell the ps4 and rebuy it. or buy it when its cheap.

the pc version is a concerning grey area. how many games still have full version games inside?
Karimov
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: Elders scroll online

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Karimov wrote: pc i fear the pc. metal gear solid 5 cd was only 8mb. what if it is on steam? and u buy a cd and in that cd is a steam installer? that is still a digital game basically. i really would choose the ps4 version. the ps 4 will sell like ps2. you could sell the ps4 and rebuy it. or buy it when its cheap.

the pc version is a concerning grey area. how many games still have full version games inside?

Depends on which publisher YSnet can get. Konami is one of the most disgusting companies in the world.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:23 pm

PS4's will be much cheaper than now by the end of 2017. I will also not get mine before fall of 2017. If you don't want to play it on PC, how about getting a PS4 in late 2017? You would have more than 2 years to save up the money for it. Maybe you could even buy a used PS4 in 2017?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 pm

I want to have the same system that can play Halo and Shenmue 3. I don't want both next-gen consoles, waste of space tbh. Really does suck that I'm gonna have to buy the PS4 anyway just for one damn game.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: PS4's will be much cheaper than now by the end of 2017. I will also not get mine before fall of 2017. If you don't want to play it on PC, how about getting a PS4 in late 2017? You would have more than 2 years to save up the money for it. Maybe you could even buy a used PS4 in 2017?

Yea same here, I'm waiting until late 2017 to get a PS4, no games worth while are really going to be out until 2017 anyway, so why rush :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Shibiryo wrote: I want to have the same system that can play Halo and Shenmue 3. I don't want both next-gen consoles, waste of space tbh. Really does suck that I'm gonna have to buy the PS4 anyway just for one damn game.

Well, if it's just space, there's always so much stuff which consumes a lot of space in your apartment and which you don't use anymore and therefor can get rid of. Books, clothing, CDs, girlfriends, old bicycles, VCRs, old furniture, CRT TVs and so on. ;-) Also Shenmue 4 will perhaps be on PS4, so you're gonna buy it for two games.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Shibiryo wrote: I want to have the same system that can play Halo and Shenmue 3. I don't want both next-gen consoles, waste of space tbh. Really does suck that I'm gonna have to buy the PS4 anyway just for one damn game.

Well, if it's just space, there's always so much stuff which consumes a lot of space in your apartment and which you don't use anymore and therefor can get rid of. Books, clothing, CDs, "girlfriends", old bicycles, VCRs, old furniture, CRT TVs and so on. ;-) Also Shenmue 4 will perhaps be on PS4, so you're gonna buy it for two games.

At that rate why stop there, shouldn't kids be in there as well, we need Shenmue 3, we don't need to keep taking care of kids however(sarcasm)

Zoltor has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:16 pm

If you put 15 dollars aside every month you'll have enough to get a ps4 by the time shenmue 3 is released. You'll probably even have enough to purchase a game with it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr357 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Shibiryo wrote: PCs are expensive, especially one with the specs to run Shenmue 3.

My advice- start saving now. You've got two years!
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Shenmue 3 PC at 60 fps though... =P~

And the ability to put his own arcade games maybe.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Anthony817
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Next

Return to Shenmue III