Sony TGS 2015 News/Announcements - It was bloody awesome

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Sony TGS 2015 News/Announcements - It was bloody awesome

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:35 am

There was fucking loads of announcements at Sony's TGS show, here's a rundown I found on NeoGAF:

- Vita Means Life
- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - Release Date: November 24, 2015
- Bloodborne LTD Sales: 2 Million
- Minna no Golf, 2016
- Uncharted 4, Global Worldwide Launch
- Gravity Daze for PS4, 12/10
- Gravity Daze 2 for PS4 in 2016
- Vita is Dead
- Some Ubeyesoft titles
- Yakuza Remake, 1/21/2016 for PS3/PS4 (includes demo of Yakuza 6)
- Yakuza 6 for PS4, Fall 2016
- King of Fighters XIV
- Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4
- One Piece: Burning Blood for PS4/Vita
- Gundam Extreme Vs-Force for Vita
- Toukiden Kiwami 2, 2016
- Nioh for PS4, 2016
- Star Ocean 5, 2/25/2016
- SaGa Scarlet Grace for Vita, 2016
- Vita means Life
- Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, PS4 (Yes, that's the real name)
- Setsuna, PS4/Vita in 2016
- Biohazard Umbrella Corps, 2016
- Exist Archive, 12/17/2015
- 13 Sentinels for PS4/Vita
- Danganronpa 3 for PS4/Vita
- Dragon Quest Builders is a new genre. Trust me, I'm an expert. Also, release date: 1/28/2016
- A small indie title called Call of Duty Black Ops 3 will be launching soon apparently
- HDD Plates and new colors for the DS4
- *in an excited voice* PS NOW!!
- Morpheus's official name is Playstation VR. Killer app is Summer Lessons, which makes you the shy anime fan you always wanted to be.
- FFXIV has VR support
- Price drop to 34,980 yen

Conference here:
phpBB [video]

Danganronpa 3 announced! Absolutely love Spike-Chunsoft's adventure games.
Gravity Rush 2 and Remastered! Definitely rivals Shenmue 3 and Nier 2 for how excited for the game I am.
Tecmo Koei re-reveal action game Nioh, which will be fucking amazing.
Yakuza 1 remake, which I am even more excited for than I am for 6.
Square-Enix announcing tons of games which all sound great, including a new game IP.
New Resident Evil game.
King of Fighters XIV, which no one saw coming after how bad SNK are doing nowadays.
New Vita game announcements that look great.
Bloodborne DLC.
Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4, which I think might just guarantee a Western release now, finally, hopefully.

This is the best TGS in years and years, for me. So many games to look forward to.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Sony TGS 2015 News/Announcements - It was bloody awesome

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:57 am

You call it awesome, but I call it depressing as hell. All I see, are a bunch of games that actually look like are going to be awesome games, but It's painfully obvious which games the stupid publishers aren't going to release outside of Japan, which just happens to be just about any game worth being interested in.

The Playstation Now video, was hilariously bad, and the VR video, might very well be the most retarded advertisement/video the Japanese have ever made yet(mind you, that's the same society that created the PonPonPon music video, atleast that was funny. Whoever created PonPonPon, was clearly tripping on acid).
Last edited by Zoltor on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:45 am

Was a great showing all around, even for vita too.
PSO2 on PS4 is a done deal bought for me no matter if its still only in Japanese. (and I have any region locking in my favor)
Gravity Daze remaster and 2... Win.
Hot Shots Golf.. thank god.
Really everything was cool, even the Dragon Quest Mine Craft Rip off.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 am

Zoltor wrote:You call it awesome, but I call it dressing as hell. All I see, are a bunch of games that actually look like are going to be awesome games, but It's painfully obvious which games the stupid publishers aren't going to release outside of Japan, which just happens to be just about any game worth being interested in.

The Playstation Now video, was hilariously bad, and the VR video, might very well be the most retarded advertisement/video the Japanese have ever made yet(mind you, that's the same society that created the PonPonPon music video, atleast that was funny. Whoever created PonPonPon, was clearly tripping on acid).

I'm talking about the games, not the tech, which I could care less about. And what games do you think we won't get? We'll get Yakuza games if people support 5 and we'll get Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Star Ocean 5, Project Setsuna, SaGa; heck we'll get everything from Square-Enix since they're on the up again, Nioh, in fact we'll get everything from Koei Temco since they're awesome, Namco will being over their anime licensed stuff as usual, Atlus/Vanillaware's new game we will get, Spike-Chunsoft's games we will get. We're going to get at least 80% of the games shown off today.

So yeah, mind listing what games we won't? Aside from possibly SEGA's stuff?

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 am

Henry Spencer wrote:
Zoltor wrote:You call it awesome, but I call it dressing as hell. All I see, are a bunch of games that actually look like are going to be awesome games, but It's painfully obvious which games the stupid publishers aren't going to release outside of Japan, which just happens to be just about any game worth being interested in.

I'm talking about the games, not the tech, which I could care less about. And what games do you think we won't get? We'll get Yakuza games if people support 5 and we'll get Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Star Ocean 5, Project Setsuna, SaGa; heck we'll get everything from Square-Enix since they're on the up again, Nioh, in fact we'll get everything from Koei Temco since they're awesome, Namco will being over their anime licensed stuff as usual, Atlus/Vanillaware's new game we will get, Spike-Chunsoft's games we will get. We're going to get at least 80% of the games shown off today.

So yeah, mind listing what games we won't? Aside from possibly SEGA's stuff?

Um what did you read, because I'm talking about the games as well.

New Star Ocean game is very doubtful.

DQ Builder is not gonna to happen sigh(we're gonna to have to fan translate that, and use roms for such), all we get, are byfar the crappies DQ spin-off titles, ever since Chunsoft stopped handling the DQ series+its spin-offs, none of the good DQ spin-offs has left Japan.

NIOH despite seeming to be a Dark Souls clone(but probally even better, with Samurai), we're not getting, unless ATLUS or NIS pick it up, and the odds for either of them doing so, is very slim for various reasons. I give it a 5% chance.

PSO 2 lol(It's the god damn running joke of the entire industry), moving on

There's actually "good" vita games in the works, but the vita sucks, so those wont be released outside of Japan, since Japan is the only place where the vita sells(atleast the Japanese have a legit reason for this)

Exist Archeive, we're so not getting this, It's a new IP, made by Chunsoft of all people, yea not gonna happen sigh. However maybe ATLUS will pick this up, one can hope, and they did localize a Chunsoft game last gen(the best game for wii too, so awesome), and this does seem like a game ATLUS would actively go for. Well we can hope atleast.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:26 am

No, you weren't, you were talking about PSNow and the VR, which I don't care about.

Who gives a frig about Dragon Quest Builder, honestly? We will get the new mainline DQ and the DQ Action game spin offs. Which people actually care about.

Exist Archive we will definitely get, hence the reason why it's coming to PS4 - PS4 sells like shit in Japan, so why release it for PS4? There's a reason why NIS, Atlus USA, XSEED and Aksys exist (heh). What do you think they're going to do? Scratch their buttholes all day long or actually do their job and localize these niche Japanese games?

Star Ocean see above, coming to PS4, a platform that isn't selling in Japan. Besides, when have we never gotten any Star Ocean games? Oh right, never.

PSO2 is more likely now than ever, since it's coming to PS4, which, again, is not selling in Japan? Maybe SEGA want some of that worldwide money now? Would be about time and the best platform for them to do so, right?

And lol at us not getting Nioh. If there's any new game we are getting from a third party, it's that one. In case you haven't noticed, Tecmo-Koei have localized everything on home console in the past two years. Even Nobunaga's Ambition and Deception, which are way more niche than this game which is trying to capture the Souls market, due to From Software's current popularity...don't know how you can come to a conclusion we will not get this.

And no, Vita does not "suck", in fact, it's one of the best handhelds ever released that strives on quality over quantity. The only thing that sucks is your negativity. Have some faith.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:41 am

It's hilarious how off-the-mark Zoltan can be. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:07 am

Henry Spencer wrote: No, you weren't, you were talking about PSNow and the VR, which I don't care about.

Who gives a frig about Dragon Quest Builder, honestly? We will get the new mainline DQ and the DQ Action game spin offs. Which people actually care about.

Exist Archive we will definitely get, hence the reason why it's coming to PS4 - PS4 sells like shit in Japan, so why release it for PS4? There's a reason why NIS, Atlus USA, XSEED and Aksys exist (heh). What do you think they're going to do? Scratch their buttholes all day long or actually do their job and localize these niche Japanese games?

Star Ocean see above, coming to PS4, a platform that isn't selling in Japan. Besides, when have we never gotten any Star Ocean games? Oh right, never.

PSO2 is more likely now than ever, since it's coming to PS4, which, again, is not selling in Japan? Maybe SEGA want some of that worldwide money now? Would be about time and the best platform for them to do so, right?

And lol at us not getting Nioh. If there's any new game we are getting from a third party, it's that one. In case you haven't noticed, Tecmo-Koei have localized everything on home console in the past two years. Even Nobunaga's Ambition and Deception, which are way more niche than this game which is trying to capture the Souls market, due to From Software's current popularity...don't know how you can come to a conclusion we will not get this.

And no, Vita does not "suck", in fact, it's one of the best handhelds ever released that strives on quality over quantity. The only thing that sucks is your negativity. Have some faith.

At the end lol, did you not see what I wrote first, and foremost?

You know, I'm positive if I look through a master database of PS4 games, there will be a ton of Japan only games, so don't give me that.

The action spin-off game will be crap naturally, and don't kid your self, us getting the next mainline DQ game, is shaky at best, and there's only like a 25-30% chance it wont be a POS(dear god, DQ 8, DQM Joker, and the DQ6 remake, please kill me now, so I never have to see any travesty like that happen again). Don't kid your self, DQ Builder seems like It's going to be amazing, and holy crap, we'll be rebuilding Alefgard of all places, a recognized world, which will make it even more enjoyable.

If Exist Archive gets released outside of Japan, we better hope, It's not bloody XSEED doing the localization, because then It's doomed to have crappy sales(no advertising to speak of or whatnot), so then the dumb Japanese can pull, well it didn't sell over there, so people must not be interested in X, Y, Z, god damn Q, ect.

Back to the PS4 not selling in Japan argument huh? That doesn't mean anything, do you not know, that there's actually quite a bit of 360 Japan only games, and we all know how non-existent that playerbase is over there.

It's being porter to PS4, It's not even like It's a PS4 exclusive. Plus look above, the PS4 not being a runaway success in Japan, doesn't change anything. Besides, this is Sega we're talking about.

I would love to believe so myself, but it being from, From Software, is about as bad as it being a Bandai game, meaning, the odds are a crap shoot at best. Yes everyone outside of Japan, friggen loves From Software games, almost to a Nippon/Gus(aka NIS) extent too, but sadly evidently they don't realize this(if they did, they would create a overseas publishing branch them selves, the amount of money they are missing out on, is insane).

The vita is a wannabe portable PS4, that costs as much as a PS4, but has fewer games, that's not what I call even good, let alone one of the best handhelds ever, lmao.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 am

How is the PS4 not selling in Japan though? These are the Japanese hardware sales (according to Media Create) for the week August 3 - August 8 2015. The second column is the previous week, the third shows total 2015 sales.

New 3DS LL.......29.203....44.994....720.945
PS4...................14.619....18.740....690.367
Wii U.................13.007....11.938....336.227
PS Vita...............12.841....13.214....551.556
New 3DS..............7.250......7.671....249.629
PlayStation 3........2.567......2.540....168.019
3DS.....................1.657......1.585.....82.160
3DS LL....................898........874.....80.965
PS Vita TV...............496.........527....20.409
Xbox One................200.........186....10.843

PS4 is outselling everything that's not a 3DS, which is no direct competition. So in comparison I'd say it's doing pretty well. Are sales that much worse than those of the previous console generation? Or what do you mean by not selling? Just curious :)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am

Monkei wrote: How is the PS4 not selling in Japan though? These are the Japanese hardware sales (according to Media Create) for the week August 3 - August 8 2015. The second column is the previous week, the third shows total 2015 sales.

PS4 is outselling everything that's not a 3DS, which is no direct competition. So in comparison I'd say it's doing pretty well. Are sales that much worse than those of the previous console generation? Or what do you mean by not selling? Just curious :)

Yea, I knew the PS4 wasn't selling as badly as he claimed, and infact those are pretty damn awesome sales actually, especially if It's even above the Vita. Hell, it selling better then a handheld even in the short term(and it almost matches the year's total sales numbers at that), practically makes it a runaway success.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Zoltor wrote: The vita is a wannabe portable PS4, that costs as much as a PS4, but has fewer games, that's not what I call even good, let alone one of the best handhelds ever, lmao.

da fuk? the vita doesn't cost anything near as much as a PS4.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm

south carmain wrote:
Zoltor wrote: The vita is a wannabe portable PS4, that costs as much as a PS4, but has fewer games, that's not what I call even good, let alone one of the best handhelds ever, lmao.

Yeah... what the hell?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Vita came out before PS4, Zoltor. So how does that make it a "wannabe PS4?" Vita is also nowhere near the price of a PS4 and has its own solid library of games. Far better than 3DS's, which is a disappointment compared to DS.

Monkei wrote:How is the PS4 not selling in Japan though? These are the Japanese hardware sales (according to Media Create) for the week August 3 - August 8 2015. The second column is the previous week, the third shows total 2015 sales.

I meant in comparison to last generation. The Japanese game market has practically cratered over there, which is why Japanese publishers are back to localizing games for Worldwide release again. A lot of Japanese publishers like Konami, Capcom, Namco etc have started making more and more mobile phone games instead of fund console games, since they provide to Japanese gamers over that market rather than on console. And I don't think those are good sales at all. Around 14,000 console sales is not good, man, no matter how you look at it. It's a joke for a new console like PS4. Even people at Sony have been saying that PS4 sales need to be far better in Japan.

Zoltor wrote:Yea, I knew the PS4 wasn't selling as badly as he claimed, and infact those are pretty damn awesome sales actually, especially if It's even above the Vita. Hell, it selling better then a handheld even in the short term(and it almost matches the year's total sales numbers at that), practically makes it a runaway success.

Runaway success my ass. The PS4 is doing well in the global market, but not back in Japan land. Media Create reported around two months ago that it was the worst selling month for games in Japan of all time. I wouldn't call that a stable or safe market to market your games towards. Japanese publishers are now eying the global market, since it's 2015 and in Japan games aren't selling like hot cakes in their home market anymore.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Monkei
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:21 pm

south carmain wrote:

When you add the 100 dollar cost of a memory card lmfao, yes it does. Vitas aren't usable out of the box.

To Henry Spencer: You can't compare sales of anything, to stuff that sold the previous gen.

Consoles selling worse in Japan, compared to the rest of the world, is nothing new, and it definitely doesn't=a console selling badly( now the XBOX brand, legitimately sells badly for obvious reasons at that), console just sell at a different range altogether compared to the rest of the rest of the world, since It's a radically different market.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

You're not too bright are you zoltor?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Next