Shenmue Prototype

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Prototype

Postby James Brown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

Just seen this on ebay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast-Shenmue-Prototype-Early-US-version-with-full-DEBUG-menus-/262050942421?hash=item3d03740dd5

Anyone even know this existed? I really wanna try it out...hopefully if someone wins it from here, they could upload the image files for us all to try :)?

James Brown has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Nankeiro, strider16
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Prototype

Postby Zoltor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am

Wow, what I would do for those, but that is going to sell for insane amounts of money.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:31 am

James Brown wrote: Just seen this on ebay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast-Shenmue-Prototype-Early-US-version-with-full-DEBUG-menus-/262050942421?hash=item3d03740dd5

Anyone even know this existed? I really wanna try it out...hopefully if someone wins it from here, they could upload the image files for us all to try :)?

Actively bidding on this. If I win, I can rip them.

shengoro86 has received 3 thanks from: James Brown, Kaze518, Nankeiro
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Zoltor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:33 am

shengoro86 wrote:

How many thousands do you think this auction will end up at? In any case, I hope you're loaded :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 am

Zoltor wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:

How many thousands do you think this auction will end up at? In any case, I hope you're loaded :)

We will see. I already own betas but I want to see which build this is.

However, I am like 90% sure this is the same build that Shendream released. Which is the same build I use to make my Explore Mods.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Zoltor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:46 am

shengoro86 wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:

We will see. I already own betas but I want to see which build this is.

However, I am like 90% sure this is the same build that Shendream released. Which is the same build I use to make my Explore Mods.

Sweet, you're lucky, and yea it would be great to see what build it is.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks for the link. Would be a great addition to my collection. I will follow.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby James Brown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 am

shengoro86 wrote:

Awesome dude, best of luck. I kind of wanted to bid on it myself, but I know it'll go for alot and I don't have that kind of exposible funds at the moment, so I wanted a fan from the site to win it so it goes into the community rather than locked away for life on someone shelf.

Incidentally, anything different on the beta's you already got?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:22 am

"Version: 0.1" is written on it. If that's true, then maybe it's not the same as the "0.4" one available. Imagine if this has the bike! Would be ideal to be landed on hands that can dump its contents and share/upload them, especially for modding purposes.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Zoltor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:26 am

Giorgio wrote: "Version: 0.1" is written on it. If that's true, then maybe it's not the same as the "0.4" one available. Imagine if this has the bike! Would be ideal to be landed on hands that can dump its contents and share/upload them, especially for modding reasons.

Oh crap you're right, and omg that would be amazing, Yu did imply the bike was actually in the game at one point(how functional it was though, is anyone's guess).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:26 pm

If this has the bike, then someone give me a dump of it and I will take it from there.

DEVILLE_David wrote: Thanks for the link. Would be a great addition to my collection. I will follow.

Well now I know I will lose. Can't beat David when it comes to collecting. I'm opting out.

Guess I will just caress my 0.4 betas.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 pm

shengoro86 wrote: If this has the bike, then someone give me a dump of it and I will take it from there.

DEVILLE_David wrote: Thanks for the link. Would be a great addition to my collection. I will follow.

Well now I know I will lose. Can't beat David when it comes to collecting. I'm opting out.

No mate, just stay on it really, I don't know how much I will be able to spend, my trip to meet Yu Suzuki killed my wallet so go ahead ! :mrgreen:
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:49 pm

DEVILLE_David wrote:
shengoro86 wrote: If this has the bike, then someone give me a dump of it and I will take it from there.

No mate, just stay on it really, I don't know how much I will be able to spend, my trip to meet Yu Suzuki killed my wallet so go ahead ! :mrgreen:

lol true.

someone will prob beat me to it anyway.
I notified other collectors too. But only those who will let me dump it when they get it :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby James Brown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Yeah i'll be happy as long as whoever gets this epic piece will be able to share it so we can all have some fun with it before Shenmue 3 :), it'd be such a shame for it to go to someone with the intention of just having it for themselves, with people like shengoro, if there is a bicylce still in the game, could probably mod the definitive Shenmue 1, Japanese dub, english subs, with bike and coca cola machines :D

James Brown has received 2 thanks from: Anthony817, Kaze518
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:22 pm

any chance that this is fake?
maybe just the common beta burned on official GD ROMS, but labeled something different?

i suppose there is no way of finding out beforehand. maybe the seller could take a screen shot of something really interesting we haven't seen before.

it would be in his interest to do so, since the price he'd get would jump hugely.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue