Niao Sun's persona

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Niao Sun's persona

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:05 am

"Niao Sun"

phpBB [video]

This character is known to be a mysterious figure that will undoubtedly appear in Shenmue 3. Her relationship with Ryo in the game is unknown and I'd describe her as the "Quiet" MGS TPP character of Shenmue, well, due to her, uhm character design.

I don't know about any of you guys but this is where my hype is pretty much towards, this character as before the announcement of Shenmue 3 even came about, there were plenty of speculations and involvement within the universe of this character and what she may be capable of. She is featured in some promotional art and a promotional video from before the first game's release. See what I mean?

I guess it's a good time for me to have a more in-depth analysis of Niao Sun although there are people out there with more knowledge of her importance than I.

According to the Shenmue wiki, Niao Sun enjoys confusing and seducing people. Well, that's all we know about her persona eh? Imagine her trying to seduce Ryo, It wouldn't work. I want to know more! It seems as though that soo far her only series appearance has been in one of the unlockable comics from the Xbox version of Shenmue II that detail canon side- stories that were not featured in either game. In the comic Shenmue Side Story, she shares a scene with Ziming Hong. (gasp!)
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Re: Niao Sun's persona

Postby johnvivant » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 am

one of the little appreciated advantages of having the 16 year gap between shenmue 2 and 3 will be that Niao Sun can now benefit from the technical advances in breast physics. ;-) :heart:

since they describe her as cruel and she enjoys inflicting pain on others i assume there won't be any redemption for this character, but obviously thats just a guess. i think that Ziming and Ren are the characters reserved for redemption.

she might be so bad that she could be one of the few adversaries that can actually be killed upon her defeat, like Ryo elbow assaulting her off a cliff or something. again just a guess.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:10 am

I get the feeling her form of martial arts uses a lot scratching with her long sharp nails and even biting. She probably even knows some form of sorcery and is probably a chinese witch of some sort. Maybe she has the characteristics of a succubus.

Just the vibe I get.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaikilla » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 am

johnvivant wrote: one of the little appreciated advantages of having the 16 year gap between shenmue 2 and 3 will be that Niao Sun can now benefit from the technical advances in breast physics. ;-) :heart:

since they describe her as cruel and she enjoys inflicting pain on others i assume there won't be any redemption for this character, but obviously thats just a guess. i think that Ziming and Ren are the characters reserved for redemption.

she might be so bad that she could be one of the few adversaries that can actually be killed upon her defeat, like Ryo elbow assaulting her off a cliff or something. again just a guess.

:mrgreen: Damn, that was funny.

On topic, I think Niao Sun's personality will be a mixture of all of the antagonists we've met so far in the series. She'll be as ruthless as Chunyan, as sneaky as Chai and as warped as Yuan. I could envisage her initially posing as a regular villager or a friendly traveller at first for some reason, earning Ryo and Shenhua's trust before backstabbing them somehow. Like others have said in this thread, I doubt she's a character who has redeemable qualities.

I think she's going to be the type of character who tries to exploit the weaknesses in the hearts of people. I'm evening conjuring up a scenario in my head where her she offers Ren the promise of wealth in exchange for selling out Ryo. u_u
Chaikilla

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 am

Physically, it will be hard to be better looking than Nyotengu from Dead Or Alive 5. 8-[
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:53 am

Yokosuka wrote: Physically, it will be hard to be better looking than Nyotengu from Dead Or Alive 5. 8-[

I would not mind if Suzuki iterated from DOA 5. :mrgreen:

:heart: Momiji :heart:

johnvivant wrote:she might be so bad that she could be one of the few adversaries that can actually be killed upon her defeat, like Ryo elbow assaulting her off a cliff or something. again just a guess.

Yeah, given the shortness of the series, I suspect she'll appear and die in Shenmue 3.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am

I thought Suzuki revealed her art style?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm

johnviviant wrote:like Ryo elbow assaulting her off a cliff or something.

Shenmue's age rating is Teen.

Haha anyway, I wonder the VA for Niao Sun. How she wound sound like. Mysterious, evil. Yeah I don't think anybody is thinking about character's VA's for Shenmue 3 heh.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Chaikilla » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:19 pm

If Lishao Tao is set to return in Shenmue 3, we really need to see her ass getting kicked by Niao Sun. I don't know how I'd feel seeing Lishao Tao getting Iwao'd by another woman when Ryo couldn't even land a finger on her.
Chaikilla

Return to Shenmue III