"I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogamer

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:24 pm

south carmain wrote: Gaming "journalism" is a joke tbh.

Truer words have never been spoken. If they aren't turning something into a negative mess, to create click bait, they are being lazy as hell or negligent at best(using some over the top punch lines or having people talk about a game belong to a genre they admit to not like, to avoid doing it right).

To make matters worse, have these so called professionals ever heard of proof reading, using the incorrect words for something, can be devastating to say the least.
Last edited by Zoltor on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:25 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: That said, there's not a lot to discuss. It's a fairly bogus editorial. 8)

I wouldn't say that. I found it informative.

It showed Yu's mood, which I haven't read about at all. And he seems happier and I'm really happy for him.

It told us they start testing Shenmue IN ENGINE this very month!

It told us they reformed the 11 chapters.

It told us that the fantastical elements in II were added because they didn't think III would even be a thing.

It told us that Shenmue III won't have the more break neck pace of II and will be more along the lines of 1.

It told us quite a bit, actually.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Himuro wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: That said, there's not a lot to discuss. It's a fairly bogus editorial. 8)

I wouldn't say that. I found it informative.

It showed Yu's mood, which I haven't read about at all. And he seems happier and I'm really happy for him.

It told us they start testing Shenmue IN ENGINE this very month!

It told us they reformed the 11 chapters.

It told us that the fantastical elements in II were added because they didn't think III would even be a thing.

It told us that Shenmue III won't have the more break neck pace of II and will be more along the lines of 1.

It told us quite a bit, actually.

That's all in the original Eurogamer article, tho, I think MJQ was referring to Kuchera's "article".
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Oh. I didn't read the Kuchera article. My mind becomes immediately blank when I see that name.

Himuro has received a thanks from: fittersau
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Himuro wrote: Oh. I didn't read the Kuchera article. My mind becomes immediately blank when I see that name.

If only we could make everyone else ignore him too ;)
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Amir wrote:
Himuro wrote: Oh. I didn't read the Kuchera article. My mind becomes immediately blank when I see that name.

If only we could make everyone else ignore him too ;)

Yea the use of Story, opposed to scene when making such a statement, is criminal, and frankly Yu should make them pull it+press charges.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:51 pm

That moment when one of the few journalists who have defended Shenmue 3 well could make her corporation sued by Chris Roberts for defamation against Star Citizen.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Yokosuka wrote:

That moment when one of the few journalists who have defended Shenmue 3 well could make her corporation sued by Chris Roberts for defamation against Star Citizen.

Huh?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm

The journalist who made the article "Understanding the Sony's role in Shenmue III" on The Escapist has recently written a very offensive article against Star Citizen. Chris Roberts asks for excuses or he will sue the website.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Every Shenmue article posted since the weekend starts with the "I could do with a bit of money' line. Someone needs to send the message to Yu Suzuki that he should stop talking about the game's budget with journalists.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 pm

I think Yu looks at money a bit differently. I think he sees money merely as the means to make Shenmue 3 the way he has envisioned it. I dont think he brings up the topic like a homeless beggar asking for hand outs, but simply asking what the thinks would allow him to make Shenmue 3 as good as it can be.

Its a slippery slope, I mean we gave this project 6 million dollars already, even just 1-3 more million go a long way i think, I can see why it would be hard to ask for more, it seem that may be asking too much. Yu is in charge of the game though, and I have been sorely disappointed with the pay pal donations so far and im sure he has been too. They made the mistake of not making the pay pal option available immediately after the kick start ended so the momentum of the campaign never would have stopped. People lost interest and hype in the mean time, or had just become exhausted (like many of us here) having to come up with money on the fly, or put a bunch of work in to promote and help the kick starter which was randomly dropped in our laps at E3, and we had to improvise. Whatever the reasons though, the campaign slowed way down, im sure alot of people havent even heard about the pay pal option now and its on the back burner of their brains.

I just hope by the end of Dec we have a greater budget for the game. Im not sure i can personally donate anymore before then. im still not working again yet, im in hard financial times, and I have already thrown $400 towards Shenmue 3, but any little i can spare I will do my best to try to donate more, but its doubtful and im frustrated I personally cant do more right now...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Coxy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Who couldnt do with a bit more money? :)

The paypal funding has been a little disappointing but then funding was disappointing through most of the kickstarter after the shitty articles games journalists wrote (pretty sure polygon was one of them too) :/

It only managed to be such a success thanks to sony giving it a stage and the sincere efforts of fans. It'd be nice if they could have a new trailer for PSX and maybe boost the end of the paypal funding with that
Coxy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Is there no deal that can be struck with anyone? I mean.... sponsorship deals, product placement in game? Can't Sega get off their arse and discuss a producing role? We know Sega would never fund a Shenmue game again, but how much money has Yu made them?? Even loan the guy 2-3 million for fuck sakes! Yes, thank you Sega for letting Yu have the rights to the franchise which he created, but I am still a little disgusted at their last of promotion for the project and essentially turning their back on Yu, as much as help him.

I wanted the jacket and crystal sculpture before the end if the year, but the repayments of my original donation kill half my wages and after rent etc, it's not gonna be possible to get either. I said I would be on noodles and water for a year, and essentially I am on £50 a week budget just to get by. That's fine.... but if course I am trying to find any more ways to give more, and it kills me everyday that I can't.

I can't even bring myself to look at the Paypal page.

Peter has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:20 pm

The PayPal has gained 50k since it started.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Peter wrote: Is there no deal that can be struck with anyone? I mean.... sponsorship deals, product placement in game? Can't Sega get off their arse and discuss a producing role? We know Sega would never fund a Shenmue game again, but how much money has Yu made them?? Even loan the guy 2-3 million for fuck sakes! Yes, thank you Sega for letting Yu have the rights to the franchise which he created, but I am still a little disgusted at their last of promotion for the project and essentially turning their back on Yu, as much as help him.

I wanted the jacket and crystal sculpture before the end if the year, but the repayments of my original donation kill half my wages and after rent etc, it's not gonna be possible to get either. I said I would be on noodles and water for a year, and essentially I am on £50 a week budget just to get by. That's fine.... but if course I am trying to find any more ways to give more, and it kills me everyday that I can't.

I can't even bring myself to look at the Paypal page.

Yea, I have to imagine there are many companies out there that would kill to have their beverages or products in general in the game(even more so, if they strike a deal to packin a coupon with the physical game, so many new people would probally try their products out, which inturn could lead to a lot more sales in the long run)..

Hell, just thye fact some of those companies would be helping support a dream come true like this, will probally get most fans of Shenmue to buy their products just on principle alone, and if people end up actually liking their products, It's all the better :)

Yu really should look into that.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III