Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Jibby » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: still using shameful papyrus font.

This I cannot defend. What is going on there? Are there rights issues with using the old Shenmue logo? We saw it at E3, but then Jibby was asked to use the awful Papyrus one instead for his Kickstarter video. Maybe this is one of those things Sega is being a dick about. Really hope it's not Suzuki's choice, if it is one of us needs to break it to him that it might as well be in Comic Sans...

If that ends up on the box art I think I'll just keep the disc and toss the case somewhere it can't be seen.

Well it was used during the E3 announcement, and as already said, it's on the presentation slides in the corner. I think I've seen in on a few production documents shown in pictures too. I don't know why they're using papyrus but I don't think it'll end up on the cover. It can't. Maybe it's just for readability purposes?

I think he can use what he wants for PowerPoints, though (look at all the Shenmue I and II footage, etc.). Hopefully someone comes up with a better title design and submits it to Ys Net.

I think we'll get the Shenmue logo we all know and love in the end. If it hadn't been used at all during the Kickstarter campaign I might have some doubt, but sporadic appearances combined with SEGA handing over a significant amount, if not all the existing assets of Shenmue for Yu to use as reference for 3, I can't see any real reason why the logo would be exempt.

It does appear at the end of every interview, so there is a glimmer of hope.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Tuet0ne » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:18 am

MY GOD :heart:
Tuet0ne
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Tuet0ne
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: AC Syndicate

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:26 am

I'm currently uploading the video the Dojo's Youtube channel. Switch will be translating the Japanese segments with Yu Suzuki. Thanks goes to peter 蔡 and Baidu Tieba (Chinese shenmue fans club) for sharing the video with us.

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: Amir, johnvivant, Kiske
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:32 am

Ziming wrote: I'm currently uploading the video the Dojo's Youtube channel. Switch will be translating the Japanese segments with Yu Suzuki. Thanks goes to peter 蔡 and Baidu Tieba (Chinese shenmue fans club) for sharing the video with us.

It'd be cool to hear stories from Chinese Shenmue fans of how they first heard of the series, got to play the games, what they think of Shenmue's depiction of Chinese culture, etc.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 am

This is insanely awesome lol! Just out of nowhere 1 hour and 5 minutes of pure goodness :D! I feel for Switch having to translate all this! He is the real MVP!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:47 am

Ziming wrote: I'm currently uploading the video the Dojo's Youtube channel. Switch will be translating the Japanese segments with Yu Suzuki. Thanks goes to peter 蔡 and Baidu Tieba (Chinese shenmue fans club) for sharing the video with us.

Does Switch need to translate the first 40 minutes or so? If he'd like to that's great but I get the feeling most of it is repeated from the GDC 2014 talk.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:48 am

Amir wrote:It'd be cool to hear stories from Chinese Shenmue fans of how they first heard of the series, got to play the games, what they think of Shenmue's depiction of Chinese culture, etc.

I asked peter 蔡 who uploaded the video on Youtube to join the dojo forums.

Amir wrote: Does Switch need to translate the first 40 minutes or so? If he'd like to that's great but I get the feeling most of it is repeated from the GDC 2014 talk.

You'll have to ask him. I suppose he can start with the Shenmue 3 portion of the presentation first.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Amir
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:16 pm

So much dedication :heart:

Thank you very much guys!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Amir wrote:

It'd be cool to hear stories from Chinese Shenmue fans of how they first heard of the series, got to play the games, what they think of Shenmue's depiction of Chinese culture, etc.

Same here, I'm very intrigued (and I fear the worst lol).

Like all the other countries, Shenmue is not popular in China compared with classical big franchises but still depict a little heart of fans.

About this Shenmue conference, three chinese websites have at least 4 pages of reaction while some other sites still chose the Shenmue 3 conference as main headline at the moment.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Peter 蔡 has responded to my request to join the dojo forums. He says he'll be here tomorrow.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Amir wrote:

Does Switch need to translate the first 40 minutes or so? If he'd like to that's great but I get the feeling most of it is repeated from the GDC 2014 talk.

Yeah first part talking about Virtua Fighter is not the most important part. But that's up to him I guess.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Ziming wrote: Peter 蔡 has responded to my request to join the dojo forums. He says he'll be here tomorrow.

This Dojo ain't big enough for the two of us...... let's draw!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby shredingskin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Kanji > not kanji.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Zoltor » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Seriously, video recording in anywhere outside of Japan, US, and England is atrocious. Other nations really need to make better video recorder tech, that is made available to the public.

Yea I'm not entirely happy with the new Shenhua look either, so lets hope the end result looks better.

What we can see of the environments, despite the really poor video quality, they look good though.

PS. Console sales are supposedly legal in China now, so It's a great move for Yu to advise such over there. Even if we got just 1% or so of the Chinese Market, it would make Shenmue 3 a runaway success, which would easily pay for a Shenmue 4.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter 蔡 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Ziming wrote: Peter 蔡 has responded to my request to join the dojo forums. He says he'll be here tomorrow.

Hello everyone, I am so happy to be here :D :D :D . Shenmue dojo is very famous in Chinese shenmue fans club. Today another member or myself will share some pictures about the conference, such as the gifts and paints.

Peter 蔡
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: caimantis
XBL: mantisjojo520
Currently playing: Shenmue I and II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III