PlayStation Experience & Shenmue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PlayStation Experience & Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:48 am

Hi there!

As promised, didn't show up after the PSX "fiasco" :sad:

I can't say I'm disappointed for the lack of Shenmue 3 during the event. That was kind of expected since the project is far from being ready for such a big event.

To be honest though, I was expecting at least something Shenmue related (mostly hoping on some mention of the PayPal campaign) and in my craziest dreams, even a Shenmue HD annoucement.

It's too early for that too apparently... high hopes now for E3 2016. If that's not the right time, then I don't know when or if there will be ever a Shenmue HD collection.

As said by Yokosuka and others, I can understand Sony's low profile on Shenmue 3... for now. We all remember the bad press from some media concerning Sony's involvement in the S3 Kickstarter. Maybe this silence from Official Sony is for the best.

I'm wondering now if Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes trip to Tokyo purpose wasn't Yakuza 0 and 5? They may have took the opportunity to pay a visit to YsNet and Yu Suzuki.

What do I expect now?
Some quick and serious update on the PayPal front with upgrades, exclusive rewards for every backer and PC version availability.
I have high hopes for Magic Monaco 2016. Would be great if they manage to show some new trailer. @Peter and others attending the event... please be sure to take your camera along :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: PlayStation Experience: LIVE DISCUSSION 10:00am PT / 6pm

Postby fittersau » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:09 am

Spaghetti wrote:While the stuff from China was good considering the stage of development the game is at, it would have been laughed out of the room presented at something like PSX.

"Here's a spinning camera in a work in progress interior, and here are a few screenshots using placeholder materials. SHENMUE 3 EVERYBODY!"

Shenmue 3 isn't ready to show like that, and there's nobody to blame for that. Give it time.

When you compare the slick PSX promo of Final Fantasy 7 with the Chinese stuttering Shenmue 3 demo, yes Shenmue would be laughed at endlessly by the mainstream gaming press. Especially considering both games are made from UE4.

Shenmue 3 is just not ready.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Ironically it was also a Final Fantasy game which affected the reception of Shenmue 1 at the time, this time they are on the same console.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 am

Kind of an official answer for the lack of Shenmue 3 material at PSX 2015.

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:41 am

This is from Dan "Shoe" Hsu, Senior Partner Alliance Manager at PlayStation.

https://twitter.com/DanShoeHsu/status/6 ... 2492556288

Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:27 pm

People should fucking stop bothering Biscay for everything and fucking use their brain. Shenmue 3 started production barely 3 months ago, of course nothing will be ready to be shown by fucking december 2015.

Let them work :/

Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 am

It's in pre production actually.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby alexh86 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:08 am

People are so impatient, of course there was nothing to show at PSX! Pretty much everything shown there is releasing in the next year and has fully playable sections to demo. Those games have all been in development for 12-24 months whereas Shenmue just started production a few months ago. They can't go up there and show a slideshow like Suzuki-san recently showed in China, that doesn't work for a hype event like PSX. It wouldn't even surprise me if they showed nothing at E3 this coming summer, however, I'd be surprised if nothing is shown by PSX 2016 since the trial version of the game is expected to be just a month or two away at that point. These things take time--three months ago YS Net didn't even know what its budget was!
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Previous

Return to Shenmue III