Kickstarter Update 49 & 50: Paypal Extension & Reward poll

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Kickstarter Update 49 & 50: Paypal Extension & Reward po

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:18 am

I voted Yes.
Then opened the Email in my second Kickstarter account to vote again and received a message pretty much saying I already voted.
Opening the link in Incognito allowed me to vote from the second Email.

I hope they don't try to pull this kind of nonsense during release time telling me something along the lines of, "You already received your PS4 copy on one account so you cannot claim the PC reward on a second account."
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby Sappharad » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:50 am

Kiske wrote:That should be Awesome Japan job to make sure that only Kickstarter backers can vote... If there is a way.
It appears to me anyway that the second round for the poll is only rethorical.
Every sane KS backer will understand that more funds means a better game. In the end, everybody wins with exclusive rewards remaining in the "backers" family.

Edit. Well... trolls. Are they really so many? Thinking yes sounds a little bit paranoid to me.

There's a way, but it's probably not possible via survey monkey. When Double Fine did their kickstarter for broken age, the documentary videos were hosted from Vimeo and set up so that they would only work when embedded or linked from kickstarter pages. From a technical standpoint, it's a matter of checking the referrer to see where they clicked the link from.

Last I checked the Twitter poll, it was very much unanimous towards allowing the Kickstarter rewards via PayPal. I'm all for it, but my reasoning is not even from a money standpoint. (Although that's a plus.) I'm in favor of it because they did promise Paypal for the people who weren't able to pay directly via Kickstarter. I think those people who would have paid on KS but couldn't deserve the same rewards because they wanted to pledge but could not. I know especially for people outside the US that it's easier to pledge via paypal than kickstarter. That, and we're still over 20 months away from release at this point. It's very much a pre-order at this point, and so funding can still make a big impact on project scope.

I suppose trolling is a possibility, it happened throughout the entire kickstarter with some of the limited rewards like the jacket having it's pledge removed minutes before the campaign ended. It could go either way though, because there were backers in the comments on KS who sounded pretty angry about the idea of offering "exclusive" rewards to people later. It does seem more likely for trolls to vote no though, if they want to see the project get less money. I don't think a result of no would have much impact on the funding though, we've already seen that the amount they've gotten via Paypal is very little compared to kickstarter. Most slacker backer campaigns don't make much, and I don't think additional rewards will make a huge difference.

I do think the add-on / upgrade system will make a somewhat more impactful jump to the level of funding than just regular PayPal pledging did. I personally am waiting for it; I pledged a fairly decent amount on Kickstarter, but I could probably add a few hundred more at this point.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Kiske
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 am

lDarkWarriorl wrote: I voted Yes.
Then opened the Email in my second Kickstarter account to vote again and received a message pretty much saying I already voted.
Opening the link in Incognito allowed me to vote from the second Email.

Using different browsers works too, if anyone else is having the same issue.

If neither option's available to you, try clearing your cookies - though I haven't verified whether that works.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:19 am

I thought, perhaps this nonsense of postponement is a tactic to dissimulate their current issues with the PC version :-o
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby TerryWolf » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Great news :). More stretch goals we'll be reached, for sure.
TerryWolf
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Raithos » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:22 pm

So has there been an official word on how long the extension is for? Pretty bummed they never included the upgrade options for KS backers. It doesn't look like they ever added the physical PC version to the PayPal campaign unless I overlooked it. Might keep my KS pledge for the PC version and add a PS4 copy via PayPal.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:10 pm

An article on Shenmue and Yu Suzuki has been posted on the official Guiness World Records website:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/new ... -crowdfund

Sonoshee has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, James Brown, Nankeiro, Raithos, Yokosuka
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Good on him, he deserves some more recognition and awards for his trophy room :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to News and Updates