Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby BlueMue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Nice to see this little piece of Yu Suzuki memorabilia. It's just that though, I doubt this is any kind of sign.
I do hope however that they are allowed to put Suzuki's classics into the game.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:54 pm

mrandyk wrote:Sega would be smart

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: -=SPZ=-47
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Maybe Ryo should be able to play Shenmue 1 and 2 HD in Choubu?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:05 pm

SMDzero wrote: Maybe Ryo should be able to play Shenmue 1 and 2 HD in Choubu?

Yea, I, and probally many more have suggesting, having even just straight up ports(there really is no need for remasters) of the first two games, inside Shenmue 3, but It's not something Sega wants to allow, infact they outright said if they ever rerelease the first 2 games, they want them remade from the groundup, basically saying they want them to give the same ground breaking feel graphically, that they gave in 1999.

In other words, that's Sega's diplomatic way of saying, under no circumstances are they ever going to rerelease the 1st two games.

Any smart company would at very least just rerelease them as is on PSN/Steam(it would have next to no publishing costs), but this is Sega we're talking about.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:35 am

Here are the exact words used by SEGA Europe Community Manager Dan Sheridan about Shenmue HD.

"With regards to Shenmue I and II HD, of course we would love to release these tomorrow. Sadly, it’s not as simple as porting the games to current platforms as we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. And with games as immersive as Shenmue I and II, there are further complications from licensed products that were included in the original games. That said, we’d love to do it and are currently investigating how to make it a reality."

In all fairness, I don't think it means -->
In other words, that's Sega's diplomatic way of saying, under no circumstances are they ever going to rerelease the 1st two games.

But we'll see.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:22 pm

I agree with Kiske. SEGA's statement says they're outright looking for a way to make it happen. There's no diplomatic double speak there.

You don't show enthusiasm for a remaster, explain why it can't happen overnight, and end with a fairly definitive statement that SEGA are proactively trying to find a way forward if they don't intend to actually do anything.

It's clear that they want to preserve the games as close to the Dreamcast originals as possible, so they making a decent try at undoing the legal licencing knot. Obviously, retexturing the branding is Plan B, but I think it's really cool they're not taking the easy road immediately, in order to preserve Shenmue as it released on Dreamcast.

We should remain patient and see what the rest of the year brings in terms on information, elaborated comments, etc.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I agree with Kiske. SEGA's statement says they're outright looking for a way to make it happen. There's no diplomatic double speak there.

You don't show enthusiasm for a remaster, explain why it can't happen overnight, and end with a fairly definitive statement that SEGA are proactively trying to find a way forward if they don't intend to actually do anything.

It's clear that they want to preserve the games as close to the Dreamcast originals as possible, so they making a decent try at undoing the legal licencing knot. Obviously, retexturing the branding is Plan B, but I think it's really cool they're not taking the easy road immediately, in order to preserve Shenmue as it released on Dreamcast.

We should remain patient and see what the rest of the year brings in terms on information, elaborated comments, etc.

Considering Sega doesn't even make games anymore, they can look all they want, and it still means nothing.

Unfortunely Sega statement Isn't really about the branded things, It's far worse I'm afraid, It's about claiming if they rerelease them at all, they want a brand new graphics engine to be built from the ground up, which is never going to happen.

You need to remember, Sega is a company that will rerelease the same game 5 times, yet have none of them released outside of Japan lol, so expecting them to follow through with that BS remake of the 1st two Shenmue games they are claiming they want to do, is idiotic at best.

It's not going to happen, especially if they keep this stupid remake mindset.

They should hust port the games as is, no so called HD remaster, and definitely no remake from the ground up. The less effort Sega has to put towards such, the better.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Zoltor wrote:Considering Sega doesn't even make games anymore, they can look all they want, and it still means nothing.

Unfortunely Sega statement Isn't really about the branded things, It's far worse I'm afraid, It's about claiming if they rerelease them at all, they want a brand new graphics engine to be built from the ground up, which is never going to happen.

You need to remember, Sega is a company that will rerelease the same game 5 times, yet have none of them released outside of Japan lol, so expecting them to follow through with that BS remake of the 1st two Shenmue games they are claiming they want to do, is idiotic at best.

They should hust port the games as is, no so called HD remaster, and definitely no remake from the ground up. The less effort Sega has to put towards such, the better.

There are quite a few things wrong in your post. Check SEGA's statement again.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: GYO6161, Monkei
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Zoltor wrote:Considering Sega doesn't even make games anymore, they can look all they want, and it still means nothing.

" we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. "

That part of it, is what I'm referring to, It's utterly impossible for Sega to do something like this to beginwith, but It's moot anyway, because Sega would never even try to do such, so yea It's them saying, It's never going to happen.

That's before we even get into the usual Sega BS excuses about lic(It's not a big deal at all, what there's a total of 4 things that are branded between both games, one of which is exclusive to the Japanese version).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:43 am

Zoltor wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

" we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. "

That part of it, is what I'm referring to, It's utterly impossible for Sega to do something like this to beginwith, but It's moot anyway, because Sega would never even try to do such, so yea It's them saying, It's never going to happen.

1+1=7

south carmain has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Zoltor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:11 am

south carmain wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

1+1=7

Well Numb nuts from EU Sega, did clarify what he meant by such, but I can't find the full interview. He wants the graphics in the remake to be comparable to how the graphics wowed people when the original game came out in 99, lol so yea, not going to happen(There's a reason everyone uses unreal engine these days, it costs so much more to make a engine from scratch, then it use to, nevermind the fact, the law of diminishing returns applies as well).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 am

Keep being you, Zoltor. Keep on truckin'.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Monkei
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:52 am

Zoltor wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

1+1=7

Well Numb nuts from EU Sega, did clarify what he meant by such, but I can't find the full interview. He wants the graphics in the remake to be comparable to how the graphics wowed people when the original game came out in 99, lol so yea, not going to happen(There's a reason everyone uses unreal engine these days, it costs so much more to make a engine from scratch, then it use to, nevermind the fact, the law of diminishing returns applies as well).

Remaster and remake aren't the same thing

south carmain has received a thanks from: Kiske
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:35 am

So, it's not just me. ](*,)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Zoltor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:57 am

south carmain wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

1+1=7

Remaster and remake aren't the same thing

They basically are sigh, when you are literally recreating every asset from scratch(according to Sega, it can't be just upscaled/touched up, which I call BS, as the characters in most cases, are still the best looking characters ever made, and omg the heads of the major characters, still blow anything made today away, but they are insisting they want to redo everything). Frankly I don't want some remaster nevermind a full blown remake, and frankly if you guys were smart, you would stop asking for such, and instead just begging Sega for a reg simple port, because that's the only way the first two games will ever get released.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III