Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:45 am

shredingskin wrote: I don't think gamers are the ones that want the game game to fail, at most people would go "too much hype" and that's it.

I see you've successfully avoided comment sections and the darker corners of Twitter. ;-)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 am

BlueMue wrote:Why do such people even exist? Why!? How malicious and narrow minded can people be to want something like this?
I just cannot understand how someone could think like that, not grant us what we wanted for so long...

Because there's a huge culture of cynicism in gaming communities, from "journalists", YouTubers, to just regular gamers.

I don't know how we fix the issue, or even if it can be fixed, but as Shenmue fans we should be defending the game en mass in ways that make sense; like making the legitimate case that Shenmue is an alternate game experience to traditional AAA titles and will scratch a different itche from your average game.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:36 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
shredingskin wrote: I don't think gamers are the ones that want the game game to fail, at most people would go "too much hype" and that's it.

I see you've successfully avoided comment sections and the darker corners of Twitter. ;-)

I'm not sure that's exclusive to Shenmue. I bet you can observe the same 'hate' with games such Call of Duty, Fifa, Uncharted, FFXV, Assassin's Creed, Battlefront and goes on.

Without all these polemic articles, Shenmue popularity would not have became so high meanwhile a lot of people still never heard of Shenmue. Polemic pop culture pieces always appeal to the mass. In the case of Shenmue, it'd be problematic if the game is indeed a failure. If not, it's likely the jackpot.

Whatever, if such a hate exists, it's barely against Shenmue but the producers (believed to be Sony half the time) so I don't care at all. If YSnet manage to show correct content until the release and get good reviews, the negative critics will disappear at the right time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:15 am

Before release: "It takes more than $6 million to make a good game."

After release: "Anyone can make a good game with $6 million of scammed donations."

Just letting you know what to expect so that you'll have your arguments prepared. :)

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:40 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Before release: "It takes more than $6 million to make a good game."

After release: "Anyone can make a good game with $6 million of scammed donations."

Just letting you know what to expect so that you'll have your arguments prepared. :)

While I don't think this exact argument will happen, I think this is characteristic of the type of bullshit we have to put up with. Moving goalposts, overwhelming cynicism, etc.

A point we need to hit home on is that Shenmue III is for the fans of the series first and foremost. While the game will be inviting to newcomers, overall it will be for us. Our satisfaction is more important to the development team than the satisfaction of the games media community.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

lol apparently yes (since I don't look that much gaming media and don't have twitter).

phpBB [video]

I can't believe some people are just that crazy, in some corner of my mind I hope it's just some weird marketing scheme, but I don't really think so.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 am

Ok it has nothing to do with Shenmue. In fact, this game is a straight tribute to Shaw Brothers but Shenmue II had its own slight heritage of 60's martial arts movies. The various locations remind the places where Shenmue III might take place as well.

phpBB [video]

I love it. The old-school controls are rigid and it's really an average game but the global vibe is sick. The developer(s) behind seem very passionate. A must-have if you were a fan of the old Hong Kong movies.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/466110/
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Yakuza 6 screenshot:

Just to think SEGA could have helped YS make Shenmue III.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Nah, I prefer YS just doing his thing with his selected team TBH, and for doing marketing I think that sony is lightyears away.

Also those rock textures look fugly.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 am

shredingskin wrote: Nah, I prefer YS just doing his thing with his selected team TBH, and for doing marketing I think that sony is lightyears away.

Also those rock textures look fugly.

Yep technically, Yakuza have always felt outdated.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Saw Tak Hirai tweet this, is it related to Shenmue III?: http://neilo.co.jp/news/759
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Amir wrote: Saw Tak Hirai tweet this, is it related to Shenmue III?: http://neilo.co.jp/news/759

Google translation

Mr. Imamura lysine appointed to our CG adviser
Aug 31, 2016

High-end graphics CG work future appointed many years engaged Imamura lysine Mr. Janeiro Co., Ltd. CG adviser to the production of, it will be held in the CG conference jointly sponsored by the Company

Janeiro Co., Ltd., which deals with, such as game development and sound production (Head Office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, President: Takeshi Hirai, following Janeiro) is pleased to announce that Mr. Imamura lysine was appointed as CG adviser.

Imamura lysine Mr. has been involved in for many years CG production in the game and video industry, it has been involved in a variety of global title. By partnering with Imamura, who have a variety of experience and knowledge, we aim to further brush up of products Janeiro. Currently the Company has renovated the theater room as conference also possible, in a co-hosted with Mr. Imamura and the Company in the future, we plan to, such as regular conference of the next generation CG workflow that invites outside lecturers.

CG production workflow in game development to evolve every day Imamura lysine Mr. inauguration comment. CG While the creative sense is needed, "to accurately understand that physically correct, it is reproduced on a virtual space" that, is that there is meaning creative also requires true reverse of skills. In addition, by the future of CG production to become a physical base is the main axis, it is important to go from the bottom up the more the latter of skills in the entire team. Based on them, the content originating from Japan future, we would like to established a production base for going is to what fight is more to the world from the side of the CG development.

[Biography]
SEGA (now Sega) after joining, involved in the CG production in many of the Sega game titles, including the "Sonic the Hedgehog". Then Transferred to Marza Animation Planet Corporation, carry out the team management of the professional performing the CG production of game cinematics and CG characters live concert. Currently engaged in activities aimed at establishing a CG production style of the next generation utilizing the game engine.

2002: SEGA joined
2006: assigned to the Sega-house as a newly established VE Research and Development Department, project management department of the manager as a CG production specialized units
2009: a spin-off SEGA of CG video production business (VE Research and Development Department), Sega Sammy Visual Entertainment Co., Ltd., which the CG filmmaking with the main business (the original Marza Animation Planet Co., Ltd.) was established, Transferred
2012: Appointed as infrastructure CG · VFX common foundation study committee in accordance with the information technology services of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Support Project FY2013 Japan's economy and society
2014: Appointed as Japan content Agency Director and Technical Director
2015: Corporation diffuse Entertainment representative director / producer (incumbent)

【Company Profile】
Company name: Janeiro Co., Ltd. Representative: President Takeshi Hirai Founded Date: September 1, 2010 Location: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Takadanobaba chome No. 29 No. 9 TD Building 2F
Business: household and business smartphone game development business digital entertainment development business software technology research and development business music, music game music production business official website: http: //neilo.co.jp/

Btw, it's quite intriguing that Neilo is not officially implied in Shenmue III development.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby johnvivant » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Tomato Mart in Shenmue 3?
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:38 pm

johnvivant wrote: Tomato Mart in Shenmue 3?

If the game takes place in predominantly rural areas, I doubt we'll see the Tomato Mart return. A nice little easter egg, such as a crate with the logo printed on it, however, would be neat :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 am

ShenGCH wrote:
johnvivant wrote: Tomato Mart in Shenmue 3?

If the game takes place in predominantly rural areas, I doubt we'll see the Tomato Mart return. A nice little easter egg, such as a crate with the logo printed on it, however, would be neat :)

Or have some senile old person humming the Tomato Mart theme all day.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Rakim
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III